Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Alli will play on Wednesday and I'd expect Winks to be playing too....half our team rested and as you noted Moura is on fire.

Tasty is all I can say....I'm looking forward to a real tussle.

I am also hoping your injured lads aren't ready properly but we'll see.

Is Alli going to be swinging a cast around like a mace ?:ermm:

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Poch is in no danger at all....none....not from fans or management.

atm NOT  but things innfootie change, you  bung in no champs lge a dodgy start to the season..   then factor in trophies..   given ALL factors he'd be lucky to survive. . But we'll c.

11 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

atm NOT  but things innfootie change, you  bung in no champs lge a dodgy start to the season..   then factor in trophies..   given ALL factors he'd be lucky to survive. . But we'll c.

Miles away from that Rij....he's ine of the safest managers and best btw in Europe....the risk is someone nicks him.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Miles away from that Rij....he's ine of the safest managers and best btw in Europe....the risk is someone nicks him.

with lucus on that kind of finishing form no worries , he could be our missing link, you cant in recent times say our finishing has been great    ,against city i't would be brave ,, lorrente, ok it was v  huddersfeild but still thought he looked the part 2 day, not so out of sync as he did on last time ari was injured   son on one side and lucus on the other, bench ericson? he aint exactly been a game changer recently,  wanyama sissoko and winks and a bac four,, the pace on the break would be crazy scary and the mid would be in safe and bloody tuf,, dont suppose he'll do it tho  

I don't think some Tottenham fans realise the importance 

that Eriksen provides to the team when it comes to pin point

passing and vision to assists, there's nobody better than him 

in the EPL, yesterday's third goal was all down to him.

There's a reason why Real Madrid and now Man Utd are going 

to battle for his sig this summer, maybe Barca as well.

The only consolation is that it'll create a bidding war and boost his

sale price, we then need to try and find a replacement which won't be easy. 

• Like 1

^^  yeah we all read about the transfer <deleted>  and im sure poch will be truly horrified at the prospect of  buying   a replacement lhs middie from a lesser club, maddison at leicester would defo do and maybe at a push and with some patience grealish at villa MIGHT do.  no doubts there be better value abroad but poch has already stated publicly that brexit aint helping , maybe just   maybe he wont delve .. and  he'll have a  re jig and go with what hes got, imo  one of pochs more endering qualities,   fitting  square peg into rounds holes .   but transfer speculatiom    should not be allowed to effect team selection and im sure with poch it doesnt, unlike fans and if you say it hasnt any bearing on your train of thought   .. why bring it into your arguement ? after all  he's a just a footballer and as with ALL footballers they should be picked on effectiveness  most  they have good periods  and poor periods its called form  .. when ericksons on form his crisp often first if not second touch passing and his dead ball placments are game dictating if not changing and a delight to watch  atm theyre not..his corners in part havent been great  often struggling to get to  first man, let alone pass them, slightly ott but not  by much  and  his recent free kics  havnt exactly been world shattering. maybe poch is letting him play though this less than purple patch but he certainly aint hitting the heights he did earlier in the season but as per norm seems i'm watching a diferent game to most.. but we''ll c

Oh and listening to the guardian podcast this week thankfully after a whole season someones else has finally  spotted suarez for barca has let himself get shockingly out of shape,  in his defence   apparently he's got a knee injury and has been trying to improve his strength around his knee with gym work  fair enuf, but however  the journo  said  he was truly shocked at how out of shape he was ..   HE'S BEEN LIKE IT NEARLY  ALL SEASON,   The absolute  incompetance and ignorance  in football in general despite all its HUGE money never ceases  to amaze me 

We don't have anyone to replace Eriksen mate.

Imho if Alli doesn't make Wednesday that is a much bigger blow for us than Kane....he has the guile which we can't replace whilst we have other goalscorers in Son and Moura.

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We don't have anyone to replace Eriksen mate.

Imho if Ali doesn't make Wednesday that is a much bigger blow for us than Kane....he has the guile which we can't replace whilst we have other goalscorers in Son and Moura.

Agreed about ali he offers the 'allternative' And yeah your prob right about erikson .. ,i did say that with my tongue firmly in cheek..  however it really wouldnt surprise or worry me if IN HIS JUDGEMENT poch said were good to go . but numerically he'd prob get some one in  maddison looks tailor made.. but i suspect wont be cheap. Probably spend eriksons money AND some  but he's 5 years younger..

Just googled erikson and   Sounds like utd are sniffing it'll prob be seen as a replacement for mata ? given matas lack of recent game time, not so sure why? The prospect of being a bench warmer Could put him of  ..but given the HUGE wage disparity not so sure there would be much that could be done.. i presume this wage diference  is what poch is on about when he talks  about 'acting like a 'big club' but we'll c

I suspect Eriksen will be off to Spain....he won't want Manchester at all.

Our ceiling is the 200k being paid to Harry so anything approaching that with no offers from Barca or Madrid we might end up keeping him.

A forlorn hope however.

Edited by RonniePickering22

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I suspect Eriksen will be off to Spain....he won't want Manchester at all.

Our ceiling is the 200k being paid to Harry so anything approaching that with no offers from Barca or Madrid we might end up keeping him.

A forlorn hope however.

Spain would be preferable  and  imo  it would suit his style  far more so than utd  . BUT as per a money WILL speak and bearing in mind  utd gazumpted city with sanchez. They aint afraid of spreading their cash about . and  at  a gueas they./ Olli are lookin to 'make a statement.'

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Spain would be preferable  and  imo  it would suit his style  far more so than utd  . BUT as per a money WILL speak and bearing in mind  utd gazumpted city with sanchez. They aint afraid of spreading their cash about . and  at  a gueas they./ Olli are lookin to 'make a statement.'

Maybe ManU will make an offer you can't refuse: a swap of Eriksen for Sanchez, Lukaku, Mata, Valencia and a fish n chip supper for the whole squad from Lou Macaris.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Maybe ManU will make an offer you can't refuse: a swap of Eriksen for Sanchez, Lukaku, Mata, Valencia and a fish n chip supper for the whole squad from Lou Macaris.

With Sanchez wages he's going nowhere this summer...same with Lukaku.

Utd are totally mugged off.

On 4/14/2019 at 2:13 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

With Sanchez wages he's going nowhere this summer...same with Lukaku.

Utd are totally mugged off.

Yeah butI I still reckon sanchez will come good ... unfortunatly...

Edited by 3 minus 2

13 hours ago, balo said:

As a warmup for tomorrow we can be entertained tonight by watching Barca trashing United. Shouldn't take too long.

Yes was worth 20 mins that game then a trot home.

Tonight will get my full attention and nerves jangling!

• Like 1

Yeah going into the game  we've got the advantage  the first 20 mins are going to be important NO DOUBTS city will come at us all guns blazing..  winks out with a groin injury is a miss, wanyama looked ok against huddesfield however city are on a diferent level and his lack of game time may show . And winks link up play has proved crucial in recent times.. still with sossoko and wanyama holdin our defence  should be well protected .. however winks was important our 'transistion' play.. but we'll c