Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'm sad about City but not unhappy to see Pochy progress. This kind of success may help keep him at Spurs, IF he was thinking about leaving.

The irony is, I wonder if the owners  will be even less minded to spend cash to strengthen the squad the more success they are having. I’m sure that could be a factor on his future plans, as it would any ambitious manager. 

No one can underestimate the job he has done with that squad. 

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The irony is, I wonder if the owners  will be even less minded to spend cash to strengthen the squad the more success they are having. I’m sure that could be a factor on his future plans, as it would any ambitious manager. 

No one can underestimate the job he has done with that squad. 

How much more of Levy can Pochy tolerate if Levy doesn't loosen up ? Maybe we will find out.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You lot are ripe for a good spanking on Saturday as well!!

Comments like that on Footie Forum always remind me of being a 13 year old arguing with reds in the school playground  before a derby. Are you a 13 year old Ronnie?

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!

The Govt are going to put Pep and Ole in charge of Brexit, after all of Manchester leaving Europe in 2 days ????

Nice try at humor.

But I think that Spurs are gonna wipe the floor with Ajax.

Rooster

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!

The Govt are going to put Pep and Ole in charge of Brexit, after all of Manchester leaving Europe in 2 days ????

"...after all of Manchester.."?

Sorry but that phrase doesn't really work; you clearly made that up. 

3/10 must try harder at humour.

5 hours ago, sotsira said:

Dutch league postpones all fixtures at the weekend before Ajax

plays Tottenham in the first leg to give themselves more time

to prepare, whilst Tottenham have to play 3 games in a week leading

to the first leg.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/ajax-handed-bizarre-advantage-over-16152513

City's game vs Burnley away on 28/4 was scheduled to be postponed if we'd got through. Your game on 27/4 vs WHU is live on Sky who might try to resist a postponement but it should be. 

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City's game vs Burnley away on 28/4 was scheduled to be postponed if we'd got through. Your game on 27/4 vs WHU is live on Sky who might try to resist a postponement but it should be. 

It should be, but it won't cos the only way it can be done is for 

the FA to extend the season by an extra week so all the 12th May

fixtures to be played on the 19th May instead, can't see that ever

happening.

Basically, Spurs have to play 7 games in the 3 weeks remaining

to the 12th May.

Arsenal are also in the same predicament.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No need to postpone.  They keep telling me we are shi te and relegation fodder so they should be able to play their reserves and rest their main players no problem. Routine 3 points for them. 

When I say reserves, I mean the likes of Kane if he’s fit. 

Statistically he is our best chance of winning if he starts. 

Anyhow, 3-2 believes the more games Spurs play closer together the better they play........and he’s as sharp as a razor so i think the fixture should stay as is. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No need to postpone.  They keep telling me we are shi te and relegation fodder so they should be able to play their reserves and rest their main players no problem. Routine 3 points for them. 

When I say reserves, I mean the likes of Kane if he’s fit. 

Statistically he is our best chance of winning if he starts. 

Anyhow, 3-2 believes the more games Spurs play closer together the better they play........and he’s as sharp as a razor so i think the fixture should stay as is. 

Edited by alfieconn

I think teams should just play their games as they fall. Spurs had a free week when City had to play a game before CL 1st leg. I can see Spurs quite rightly making a protest or an appeal to the PL but i doubt they'll get much joy. Does seem a bit unfair on Spurs but if your good enough then it won't matter anyway.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sotsira said:

happening.

to the 12th May.

I certainly would never agree with postponing all PL fixtures to give any english team a better chance in the CL but i would agree with postponing just that teams fixture, in this case Spurs vs WHU. AND as Pep says if you want to be a big team you have to put up with playing every 3 days.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I certainly would never agree with postponing all PL fixtures to give any english team a better chance in the CL but i would agree with postponing just that teams fixture, in this case Spurs vs WHU. AND as Pep says if you want to be a big team you have to put up with playing every 3 days.

That's what they've done in Holland, postponed all matches for the weekend before Ajax plays Spurs in the 1st leg, and extending

the Dutch season to the 15th May.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think teams should just play their games as they fall. Spurs had a free week when City had to play a game before CL 1st leg. I can see Spurs quite rightly making a protest or an appeal to the PL but i doubt they'll get much joy. Does seem a bit unfair on Spurs but if your good enough then it won't matter anyway.

That's the whole point, Spurs didn't play for 3 weeks in March and now have a terrible fixture congestion, all due to the way the PL has 

scheduled the fixtures for the season. 

It's an absolute joke the way the PL has organised the fixtures, it happens every year and then they expect English clubs to keep up

the win % to have 4 teams qualifying for the UCL every season.

What would happen if they allowed for a winter break as well, like the rest of Europe?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sotsira said:

happening.

to the 12th May.

add this scenario to our recent month of v  little footie  the game scheduling from our  footie powers to be is just incompetant and there could be an arguement that  if a player gets seriousely hurt  because of tiredness .. criminally so COULD be thrown in 

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can you ? not a chance, i don't even know why it's being discussed on here because no one at Spurs has even mentioned it being postponed as far as i'm aware, perhaps your getting mixed up with the Bournemouth game which hopefully will be moved.

33 minutes ago, sotsira said:

That's what they've done in Holland, postponed all matches for the weekend before Ajax plays Spurs in the 1st leg, and extending

the Dutch season to the 15th May.

That's the whole point, Spurs didn't play for 3 weeks in March and now have a terrible fixture congestion, all due to the way the PL has 

scheduled the fixtures for the season. 

It's an absolute joke the way the PL has organised the fixtures, it happens every year and then they expect English clubs to keep up

the win % to have 4 teams qualifying for the UCL every season.

What would happen if they allowed for a winter break as well, like the rest of Europe?

There's nothing different to this season, except Spurs have progressed further than usual in the CL.

I presume your 3 week gap in games was due to you being knocked out of the FA Cup and an international weekend and maybe because of caraboa cup final opponent game needing rearranging.

The PL fixtures are set each summer so nothing unusual there, though didn't the season start later because of the WC.

Spurs and Liverpool can have no complaints about the fixture arrangements but it does seem a bit unreasonable that the Dutch FA is permitted to cancel a round of fixtures

(is it legal? Will it be challenged?).

Winter break coming next seasin isn't it?

23 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Can you ? not a chance, i don't even know why it's being discussed on here because no one at Spurs has even mentioned it being postponed as far as i'm aware, perhaps your getting mixed up with the Bournemouth game which hopefully will be moved.

Good. Then there's no reason to complain if spurs hierarchy accept the dutch FA postponing of a round of games.

I mentioned a postponement of a PL game based on Citys website noting on the tickets page for Burnley away on 28/4 that it was subject to rescheduling if City progressed to the CL semis on 30/4. I therefore thought Spurs game vs whu on 27/4 might be subject  of rescheduling.

How does Bournemouth come in to this Alfie?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

37 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

add this scenario to our recent month of v  little footie  the game scheduling from our footie powers to be is just incompetant and there could be an arguement that  if a player gets seriousely hurt  because of tiredness .. criminally so COULD be thrown in 

Why are they incompetent?

What's the problem exactly?

You're only raising this because the Dutch FA have postponed a round of fixtures. I don't agree with that or whether the Dutch, english or any FA does it. I didn't agree when ManU were given permission not to play in the FA cup because  of some game overseas. Fixture congestion happens every year for the teams that stay in the competitions. You'll remember a few years back Pellegini playing a team of kids vs Chelsea away FA Cup because a few days later we had Madrid in CL. It happens. Enjoy the fact youve got loads of games. 

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Good. Then there's no reason to complain if spurs hierarchy accept the dutch FA postponing of a round of games.

I mentioned a postponement of a PL game based on Citys website noting on the tickets page for Burnley away on 28/4 that it was subject to rescheduling if City progressed to the CL semis on 30/4. I therefore thought Spurs game vs whu on 27/4 might be subject  of rescheduling.

Ok. Now see Bournemouth  is 2 days before the 2nd leg and is therefore exactly the same scenario as Burnley  vs City which would have been rescheduled. I will not be surprised  if  the Bournemouth game is rescheduled.

49 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sometimes your on another planet, complain about what ? the Dutch FA postponing a round of games is nothing to do with Spurs so there is nothing to accept !

Edited by alfieconn

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ok. Now see Bournemouth  is 2 days before the 2nd leg and is therefore exactly the same scenario as Burnley  vs City which would have been rescheduled. I will not be surprised  if  the Bournemouth game is rescheduled.

Oh great we all feel a lot better now???? your like one of them busy bodies who sticks their nose in everybody's business ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

There's nothing different to this season, except Spurs have progressed further than usual in the CL.

I presume your 3 week gap in games was due to you being knocked out of the FA Cup and an international weekend and maybe because of caraboa cup final opponent game needing rearranging.

The PL fixtures are set each summer so nothing unusual there, though didn't the season start later because of the WC.

Spurs and Liverpool can have no complaints about the fixture arrangements but it does seem a bit unreasonable that the Dutch FA is permitted to cancel a round of fixtures

(is it legal? Will it be challenged?).

Winter break coming next seasin isn't it?

What are you on about ? what the Dutch Fa do is entirely up to them !!!!!