Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just really impressive all round.  Good win, great team performance.  Everyone working for one another.  What has happened to Sissoko, he's gone from the most useless flop to a complete beast!!  Dele's finishing superb and a wonderful piece of vision from Kane.  Nice to see Trippier back although he was given a tough start from Iwobi.  

One thing for sure, if Lloris gets injured we have no need for any concern because our young Argentine is the real deal.

And no gloating Instagram selfies after the win.  Unai Emery really needs to stamp out that Arsenal team trait.

Another tough one up next, Everton away.  And i just knew we'd get drawn against Chelsea in the cup.  City have now drawn the mighty Schalke and last night the legendary...i can't remember who they are!!!

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

pre match im thinking gazza is A T M maybe better than hugo mmmmmm...not sure,thoughts guys 

Thats an interesting point. I'd say yes, certainly more reliable.  Hugo's always got a clanger in him and tends to save them for the big games.

Gazza's basically bloody good all round.

decnt performance and the result i'm thinkin we should of had in the prev game if our MAD prev week ie inter and the chavs hadnt drained us, 

sissoko is just a monster and continues  to  impress , gazza despite his one  flapp at  a back pass  looks sound and  his spot and quick  accurate ball to erickson made the second , and ,, wot a finish,!!!! class.  thought kane looked sharp when he came on and luved the way he battered a couple of theirs after they went 4 ali  , u mess with my boys u mess with me, stuff of  capt fantastic !!! winks , sori atm miss's the mark, as does rose his defensive game has improved slightly but it still aint that good and 4 some reason he aint as effective goin forward as b4,, slight loss of pace? levy should have taken less then the reported HUGE money  asked  for him in the summer davies and toby look balanced and  looks like poch could well stick with them as the preferred pairing  not a abad shout   always good to beat the arsewipes so next up a the chavs ,, this has not been an easy route for us,watford west ham arsenal,, now the chavs ,, 

Theres no chance that Davies will be preferred over a fit Jan Vertonghen!

btw, a big thumbs up to Poch for rotating kane, on the bench and not brought on till the 60th.  I bet Unai Emery wasn't expecting that. (Or Pep Guardiola for that matter????)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

btw, a big thumbs up to Poch for rotating kane, on the bench and not brought on till the 60th.  I bet Unai Emery wasn't expecting that. (Or Pep Guardiola for that matter????)

Kane missed training Tuesday due to a cold, so this may have been forced upon Poch, either way he could have done with a rest.

Son & Dele were fantastic last night, really showed their class.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, carmine said:

Theres no chance that Davies will be preferred over a fit Jan Vertonghen!

first thought made you right, BUT verity fucs up often enuf to place a little doubt ,, and it aint as though davies dont play their, he does for wales,, remember verity played lb b4 he went central , davies IS a steady eddie, not such a bad thing 2 b @ c/b,,, either ways a decent prob 4 poch to have, sort of solves our lls cb issue on here we've all been thinkin we had  , leaves a few 2 many on the rhs though, someone will prob be off,,   TOBY  i suppose,, 

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

first thought made you right, BUT verity fucs up often enuf to place a little doubt ,, and it aint as though davies dont play their, he does for wales,, remember verity played lb b4 he went central , davies IS a steady eddie, not such a bad thing 2 b @ c/b,,, either ways a decent prob 4 poch to have, sort of solves our lls cb issue on here we've all been thinkin we had  , leaves a few 2 many on the rhs though, someone will prob be off,,   TOBY  i suppose,, 

How many mistakes has he made in the last couple of seasons ? not many, hence why he has been our most consistent Centre Back in recent times, first it was Foyth and now it's Davies to replace him according to you, you certainly have an agenda against him for some reason.

He did not play at left back before he became a centre half at spurs, he's only ever played at Left back as a stand in.

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

How many mistakes has he made in the last couple of seasons ? not many, hence why he has been our most consistent Centre Back in recent times, first it was Foyth and now it's Davies to replace him according to you, you certainly have an agenda against him for some reason.

He did not play at left back before he became a centre half at spurs, he's only ever played at Left back as a stand in.

yrs he was a stand in for us at left back but did i believe play left back for Belgium.

I also believe he was voted player of the season last summer by fans.  Either way, Toby and Jan are Poch's first choice without a shadow of doubt.  However i'm delighted to see davies as a very , well, thus far competent stand in.  Thats goes a long way to solving one of our biggest squad weaknesses.

Interesting reading comments from our players about the pathetic reactions of Arsenal players after their win eighteen days ago.  The gloating dressing room selfies, the truly pathetic commentary of their goals by their strikers.  I'm wondering if Unai Emery is going to step in or has done already because he'd be a fool not to.

Basically, they did Pochettino's team talk for him. Those eleven Spurs players were just not going to let Arsenal beat them on wednesday night.  Karma.  What is it about the Arsenal team because i can't think of any other side in the league that are such classless winners?

Edited by carmine

Just been reading that we play our 4 christmas fixtures over 10 days.

City and Liverpool play theirs over 14 and 13 days.  fair play to them but how can this be fair?

In conclusion they are getting over 100 more recovery hours than Spurs.  Total crap!

Edited by carmine

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

my agenda alfie as with walker rose ect ect  is he aint as good as most reckon at his given position and stand in or not when he arrived  for a couple of seasons ari  played him at lb for us and same  for goes for Belgium, shame he never stayed at lb imo hes the best we've had in recent years 

but at c/b next to toby he looks ok,   but  with others he  doesn't,  gets caught out of position and to regularly turned  and i aint got a list but the latest little fiasco was pairing him with foyth ,  foyth did well but verity,,   imo not so,  perhaps you and others aka sissoko and  walker might actually try looking,  its  football and its there in front of your eyes, its v simple and  aint dificult to see.   

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Interesting reading comments from our players about the pathetic reactions of Arsenal players after their win eighteen days ago.  The gloating dressing room selfies, the truly pathetic commentary of their goals by their strikers.  I'm wondering if Unai Emery is going to step in or has done already because he'd be a fool not to.

Basically, they did Pochettino's team talk for him. Those eleven Spurs players were just not going to let Arsenal beat them on wednesday night.  Karma.  What is it about the Arsenal team because i can't think of any other side in the league that are such classless winners?

the players  like their fans, got used to being the top team  in london, now they AINT its just sour grapes, the arsenal fans i know as a rule of thumb aint anywhere near  gracious in defeat  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

my agenda alfie as with walker rose ect ect  is he aint as good as most reckon at his given position and stand in or not when he arrived  for a couple of seasons ari  played him at lb for us and same  for goes for Belgium, shame he never stayed at lb imo hes the best we've had in recent years 

but at c/b next to toby he looks ok,   but  with others he  doesn't,  gets caught out of position and to regularly turned  and i aint got a list but the latest little fiasco was pairing him with foyth ,  foyth did well but verity,,   imo not so,  perhaps you and others aka sissoko and  walker might actually try looking,  its  football and its there in front of your eyes, its v simple and  aint dificult to see.   

I often wonder what you are actually seeing when you watch Spurs play !!!! you say BUT verity fucs up often enuf to place a little doubt but you can only name one instance and to be fair that was his first game back after a long injury.

Then you say  for a couple of seasons ari  played him at lb for us, i don't know what your seeing because

A. he never even played under Arri   

B. he has never played under any Spurs manager for a couple seasons at left back.

So when he plays with other's cb's he regularly gets turned but with Toby he doesn't ???? ???? and while we are on the subject of only playing well with Toby, he only played a few games with Toby last season but that didn't stop him getting in the PFA team of the season and Spurs player of the season award so when you talk about its there in front of your eyes, its v simple and  aint dificult to see i think it's you who needs to open his eyes because your seeing something completely different to everyone else.

An extract from a football website, obviously someone else who doesn't open his eyes.

join the other players on this list on the PFA Team of the Year. When Toby Alderweireld went down with a serious hamstring injury in the first match against Real Madrid, Jan stepped up out of the shadows to lead the back line, forming an important and solid partnership with a young Davinson Sanchez playing his first season of Premier League football. By all accounts the defense should’ve been worse than what it was, and that’s due to Vertonghen’s ability and influence.

The Premier League isn’t great when it comes to defensive statistics, but Vertonghen led the team in tackles, interceptions, and clearances. His defensive positioning helped cut out numerous dangerous possessions, and he was a steady presence with the ball at his feet, leading the team (according to WhoScored) in both overall passes and accurate short passes (AccSP). While he doesn’t have the long passing ability of Alderweireld, Vertonghen wasn’t afraid to move forward with the ball into midfield to disrupt play, and was rarely caught out of position. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I often wonder what you are actually seeing when you watch Spurs play !!!! you say BUT verity fucs up often enuf to place a little doubt but you can only name one instance and to be fair that was his first game back after a long injury.

Then you say  for a couple of seasons ari  played him at lb for us, i don't know what your seeing because

A. he never even played under Arri   

B. he has never played under any Spurs manager for a couple seasons at left back.

So when he plays with other's cb's he regularly gets turned but with Toby he doesn't ???? ???? and while we are on the subject of only playing well with Toby, he only played a few games with Toby last season but that didn't stop him getting in the PFA team of the season and Spurs player of the season award so when you talk about its there in front of your eyes, its v simple and  aint dificult to see i think it's you who needs to open his eyes because your seeing something completely different to everyone else.

An extract from a football website, obviously someone else who doesn't open his eyes.

join the other players on this list on the PFA Team of the Year. When Toby Alderweireld went down with a serious hamstring injury in the first match against Real Madrid, Jan stepped up out of the shadows to lead the back line, forming an important and solid partnership with a young Davinson Sanchez playing his first season of Premier League football. By all accounts the defense should’ve been worse than what it was, and that’s due to Vertonghen’s ability and influence.

The Premier League isn’t great when it comes to defensive statistics, but Vertonghen led the team in tackles, interceptions, and clearances. His defensive positioning helped cut out numerous dangerous possessions, and he was a steady presence with the ball at his feet, leading the team (according to WhoScored) in both overall passes and accurate short passes (AccSP). While he doesn’t have the long passing ability of Alderweireld, Vertonghen wasn’t afraid to move forward with the ball into midfield to disrupt play, and was rarely caught out of position. 

, just a note  b4 joining sanchez had played champs lge and was an established international  

but i,  note the I,see   things differently  not that there seems much of your opinion  in there seems like all your doing  is regurgitate others and b4 that seems  your consistently looking   for a confrontation of sorts,  but hey judging by your  recent political stance  its part and parcel  of your unaddressed unrealized  nature but you have a good xmas alfie  and up the spurs.  

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

, just a note  b4 joining sanchez had played champs lge and was an established international  

but i,  note the I,see   things differently  not that there seems much of your opinion  in there seems like all your doing  is regurgitate others and b4 that seems  your consistently looking   for a confrontation of sorts,  but hey judging by your  recent political stance  its part and parcel  of your unaddressed unrealized  nature but you have a good xmas alfie  and up the spurs.  

I already gave my opinion on Vertonghen when i said he'd been our best Centre back over the last few season or perhaps that was something  you didn't see.

So i am looking for a confrontation of sorts just because i pull your Post to pieces which to be fair is not difficult, i mean when you come out with things such as Verts played played left back under Harry for 2 seasons, did you actually see this or is it just your imagination especially when Harry had left before we even signed him so what do you expect ?

Edited by alfieconn

I really don't understand anyone that should be remotely critical of Vertonghen.  He's been outstanding for us, a terrific center back and a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room.  The fact that he's a terrific left back is just a string to his bow as it were but how anyone can give him anything other than total praise during his stint for the club is beyond me.  He's been a marvelous buy..

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I really don't understand anyone that should be remotely critical of Vertonghen.  He's been outstanding for us, a terrific center back and a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room.  The fact that he's a terrific left back is just a string to his bow as it were but how anyone can give him anything other than total praise during his stint for the club is beyond me.  He's been a marvelous buy..

Iv'e often wondered what 3-2 is watching when he talks about Spurs and now that he's seen Verts for 2 seasons at left back that confirms things !

• Haha 1

All this media talk about Poch leaving for Utd at the end of the season is testament of how well Levy and Poch together with

his backroom staff have done since his appointment.

This photo was taken 2 days ago at the Spurs Xmas dinner

and posted on the official Tottenham Twitter feed.

Du3xJ7aW0AAgQG9.jpg.b16bf4f452e6b0ddc72250eecf8d7bca.jpg 

Many remarks are saying that Levy is laughing at Utd... Ho Ho Ho!

Additionally Micky Hazard is telling Tottenham fans to boycott The Times newspaper (described it as toilet paper) due to the continual fake reports stating that Poch will go to Utd etc.. etc..

SkySports  also seem to have an agenda especially with Gary Neville and even Carragher (which surprises me as a Liverpool fan) continually reporting there 2pence worth backing Poch to leave for Utd.

Either way, my take is that even if Poch decides he would want to leave and Levy would succumb to his request (this all being hypothetical by the way)

How much compensation would Levy demand in the event that his 4 1/2 yr contracted manager would be sold to Utd?

I don't think it would be just the value of his remaining wages

of £40M odd.

It would be the same as Utd tapping up one of our top players

like Kane or Dele on long contracts their value wouldn't be calculated on their remaining wages now would it?

Just some food for thought on the matter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

All this media talk about Poch leaving for Utd at the end of the season is testament of how well Levy and Poch together with

Additionally Micky Hazard is telling Tottenham fans to boycott The Times newspaper (described it as toilet paper) due to the continual fake reports stating that Poch will go to Utd etc.. etc..

SkySports  also seem to have an agenda especially with Gary Neville and even Carragher (which surprises me as a Liverpool fan) continually reporting there 2pence worth backing Poch to leave for Utd.

Either way, my take is that even if Poch decides he would want to leave and Levy would succumb to his request (this all being hypothetical by the way)

How much compensation would Levy demand in the event that his 4 1/2 yr contracted manager would be sold to Utd?

of £40M odd.

like Kane or Dele on long contracts their value wouldn't be calculated on their remaining wages now would it?

Don't worry sots, he's going nowhere in the near distant future but that won't stop the usual muppets on here and in the press continually linking him with Utd.

A. I'm quite certain he feels his job is not complete at Tottenham

B. He's perfectly happy at Spurs

C. If he went to Utd it would take him another 2 or 3 years to get the players to the level he would want

D. Unlikely that Utd will be in the CL next season

E. He is still young so plenty of time to go to another club

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Don't worry sots, he's going nowhere in the near distant future but that won't stop the usual muppets on here and in the press continually linking him with Utd.

A. I'm quite certain he feels his job is not complete at Tottenham

B. He's perfectly happy at Spurs

C. If he went to Utd it would take him another 2 or 3 years to get the players to the level he would want

D. Unlikely that Utd will be in the CL next season

E. He is still young so plenty of time to go to another club

I fully agree Alfie, on all your points, especially point A,

when realistically, his, together with Levy's plan was always 

to steer the club into their new stadium whilst building a team competing in the CL & domestically.

With that in mind, you can say that we're nearing the half way

mark of the project at the end of this season.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, carmine said:

theres  a history here of you,,and seems now others, not understanding,, sissoko is the last one that springs to mind,, but hey you enjoy xmas  and up the spurs

• Like 1

the crux imo with poch will be if and when utd offer to double or treble  poch and his mates salaries, and levy will or wont match it, judging by the way poch is i'de say what his mates could earn, could well be a crucial factor, from what i've seen they look really really close.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

the crux imo with poch will be if and when utd offer to double or treble  poch and his mates salaries, and levy will or wont match it, judging by the way poch is i'de say what his mates could earn, could well be a crucial factor, from what i've seen they look really really close.

How can you talk about Trebling his salary when you don't even know what he earns ? and of course Levy won't match it and Poch will still be here next season. 

26 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

How can you talk about Trebling his salary when you don't even know what he earns ? and of course Levy won't match it and Poch will still be here next season. 

just to give you a little clarity on my post ,, IMO ,, means  'in my opinion' 

12 hours ago, sotsira said:

of £40M odd.

Only 1 beer drinker. You ought to be relegated.