Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

The Spurs double team had a great mix. English, Welsh, Scots and Irish. Each brought so much to the team. English tenacity and reliability, Scottish toughness, Welsh wizardry and with Danny an Irish genius.

It has nothing to do with nationality....please keep that stuff for the international weekends owl.

20 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Kin Hell. 2 nights in a row. 

Well played Spurs. That was some comeback. Moura will get the acclaim but over the 2 legs Sissoko was immense. 

Cant believe Eriksen was so negative in his interview just now. Bet he’s the life and soul of the party. 

I think Eriksen was just being respectful in front of the camera

due to his connections with Ajax.

Behind closed doors though, you can see him in the middle of

the room dancing & singing out loud.

Now there's a contrast if I ever seen one. 

This is just crazy , I was sitting on a plane last night on my way to Europe, all I knew before I drove to the airport  was that we were 2-0 down at half time, okay that was it , good luck Ajax in the final.

Then I turn on my laptop and expecting the worse , but we did it .

:shock1: :shock1::shock1::shock1:  :partytime2:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It has nothing to do with nationality....please keep that stuff for the international weekends owl.

Didn't Arsenal field a team a couple of years back without an English player in the team? Players from different countries bring different things to the game.

I personally like to see home-grown players in at least a few positions. Years ago there were dozens of Scots in the EPL I don't think so many now, although there are some in the lower leagues.

Spurs have been the champions of bringing 'foreigners' into the English league. Recall Ricky and Osvaldo, the world cup winning Argentinians.

Times have changed, and players come from all over. What manager said; "I dont care if he comes from the moon and is green with pink spots, if he can play football; that'll do for me?"

• Like 1

^^ and arguably the last truly great all conquering  english team with that  over riding back to the wall, never say die  charecteristic , was man utd and they,-  due mainly legislation att, .had a central core of english players   NOTE no scots,, well none worth a mention ..????

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^ and arguably the last truly great all conquering  english team with that  over riding back to the wall, never say die  charecteristic , was man utd and they,-  due mainly legislation att, .had a central core of english players   NOTE no scots,, well none worth a mention ..????

And a genius of a boss.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

You've just been ravaged by a nasty tawny owl Rij lmao.

I do notice more Scottish players in the Prem the last year or two....it can only be a good thing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You've just been ravaged by a nasty tawny owl Rij lmao.

I do notice more Scottish players in the Prem the last year or two....it can only be a good thing!

I was at Spurs one evening in 1961. The weather was awful, windy, the pitch heavy and the ball like a cannonball. The ball was launched skyward by the away goalkeeper. I watched Dave McKay back-pedaling until he was nearly in the 'd' of his own penalty area. He was under the ball. He chested the ball 10 yards to Maurice Norman. The whole ground spontaneously clapped at this mad Scotsman maneuver. He didn't try to catch it on his chest; he just punched it away to a team-mate. 

And talking about balls of those days; how the players didn't finish up with double vision - or worse - is beyond me. I played a bit later on when the balls were lighter and had a slight give in them.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Worryingly tomorrow's match v's Everton will see out the

League season with as many as nine players unavailable.

Injuries include:

Kane, Winks, Aurier, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Sanchez.

Suspended include:

Son & Foyth

So who's left fit to play will have to play.

Here's my selection 4-3-1-2

Lloris

Trippier            Toby                   Dier                Davies

Sissoko             Skipp             Lamela

Eriksen

Moura                               Dele

Subs:

Janssen, KWP, Liorente, Gazzaniga,

(+3 of the youngsters)

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:07 AM, owl sees all said:

I was at Spurs one evening in 1961. The weather was awful, windy, the pitch heavy and the ball like a cannonball. The ball was launched skyward by the away goalkeeper. I watched Dave McKay back-pedaling until he was nearly in the 'd' of his own penalty area. He was under the ball. He chested the ball 10 yards to Maurice Norman. The whole ground spontaneously clapped at this mad Scotsman maneuver. He didn't try to catch it on his chest; he just punched it away to a team-mate. 

And talking about balls of those days; how the players didn't finish up with double vision - or worse - is beyond me. I played a bit later on when the balls were lighter and had a slight give in them.

They did get 'worse' and i'm sure there are more that u never hear bout 4 eg  post playin my cuz had 10 plus ops on his kneesband said that wasnt uncommon  just post playin no one really cared   but   jeff astle died of injuries his family and i believe medics  put directly down to him heading balls  and in the mid sixties my primary school had just 2  FULL SIZE balls one un finished leather that even when it wasnt wet made me dizzy after headin, and the other was some sort of finish was to hard and it  just hurt u heading it..  i moaned once  and all i got was a telling of from the  teacher

• Like 1

Does that explain your long rambles rij? Just kidding mate. :w00t:

If we're to see Toby leave I'd love it to involve a swap deal with Ajax....they have a couple of players I'd love to see at our club....De Ligt being top of that list.

Have to say I'm bewildered with what Poch is saying since 

Wednesday's unbelievable achievement.

As much as I rate him and what he's done since he arrived

it's coming across to me as being a bit petulant. 

Is he playing mind games with the media? or Levy?

How's all this going down with the players considering

we're playing our last home game of the season today 

and we've got the biggest game in our history in 3 weeks.

If he's gonna start talking about leaving or staying,

then either keep it in house and talk to Levy one to one

or at least wait until after the season is over.

Levy isn't the type to be held over a barrel, I don't think 

it will go down well with him going public on internal 

matters.

Shifting the focus on to himself and letting the players prepare for Sunday whilst deflating the hype.

Pretty smart move and with 4 years left on his contract he's going nowhere.

Funny.

Edited by RonniePickering22

23 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Does that explain your long rambles rij? Just kidding mate. :w00t:

If we're to see Toby leave I'd love it to involve a swap deal with Ajax....they have a couple of players I'd love to see at our club....De Ligt being top of that list.

Yeah ligt or and the leicester cb . Macguire.. i'm hoping that this piss poor prem lge form will convince levy to maintain a top 4 position he NEEDS to  loosen the purse strings our defence needs  a  SERIOS overhaul  ,   but tbh i dont think he will and  next season will b tuf   . .. the champs lge results hide our prem form which since xmas  is stuff of  relegation . Think the reverse to leicester prem title.. they carried their form from xmas ish  on into the next season and they won the prem. Us enacting the reverse ISNT an impossibilty. But hey lets enjoy the moment but overall  todays team was just BULK average. 

This season has to go down as the best Poch has acheived

in his 5 yrs at the club with the most injuries to key players

than the previous 4 seasons, they still managed a Top 4 finish.

Not to mention the stadium disruption.

Some players need moving on, whilst others are leaving on 

their decision, so we will prob see a very different squad

next season bar the regulars who make up the spine of the 

team.

For the first time in 2 seasons we NOW have our stadium 

to play in and turn it in to a fortress with the right additions

coming in this summer we'll have an interesting time ahead.

Now ONE more GAME to GO!

COYS! 

^^ agree if your talkin first half of the season .. then yeah we were outstanding.. to give it REAL context, since xmas.. according to a guardian pundit. Only cardiff have lost more prem games than us..  it took 30 mins for Everton to suss us out and from then on we were v much second best.. lets hope to the fuc i'm wrong but THAT team yeaterday bears all the hallmarks of a mid table team  at best ..  and heard a little whisper from someone   poch is off to man u at the end of the season.. i was like ABSO  NO WAY .. then he said where it came from.. and well tbh there MAYBE some cred.. we'll c 

One last big push..

COYS!!

Oh there's talk of winks being fit... that WOULD b a plus..

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^ agree if your talkin first half of the season .. then yeah we were outstanding.. to give it REAL context, since xmas.. according to a guardian pundit. Only cardiff have lost more prem games than us..  it took 30 mins for Everton to suss us out and from then on we were v much second best.. lets hope to the fuc i'm wrong but THAT team yeaterday bears all the hallmarks of a mid table team  at best ..  and heard a little whisper from someone   poch is off to man u at the end of the season.. i was like ABSO  NO WAY .. then he said where it came from.. and well tbh there MAYBE some cred.. we'll c 

One last big push..

COYS!!

Oh there's talk of winks being fit... that WOULD b a plus..

Daniel Levy :cheesy: :cheesy:

I'm still worried we could lose Poch. Maybe he feels he has done his best in the club , reaching a CL final with the same players he trained for many years. If he is happy in London maybe he will carry on, but I would not be surprised if something will happen this summer. 

38 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm still worried we could lose Poch. Maybe he feels he has done his best in the club , reaching a CL final with the same players he trained for many years. If he is happy in London maybe he will carry on, but I would not be surprised if something will happen this summer. 

I'd bet he's going nowhere. The two most likely clubs, Man United and Real Madrid are not going to sack their managers before next season. The only way I'd see Pochy leaving would be if he got word from Levy that little money would be available for transfers.

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'd bet he's going nowhere. The two most likely clubs, Man United and Real Madrid are not going to sack their managers before next season. The only way I'd see Pochy leaving would be if he got word from Levy that little money would be available for transfers.

The ONLY time levy has splashed 'large' was post the bale transfer and i'de lay odds that was on the advise of an accountant.. based historically  he  wont do it.. however I'm seriousely  hoping he'll change cos this team atm AINT up to getting us anywhere near the top four.

9 hours ago, balo said:

Naaaaah your worries are unfounded....Levy aint going to sack him so relax.

Can't think of any other reason he'd be leaving bar a plane crash.

Funny how expectation changes perspection and alters the emotion fans have for their club's aspiration.

Remember how we all felt giddy in the QF of the CL just a few Bale years back....well I haven't lost that.

Bring on June....its an occasion which will fill me with happiness seeing my team out there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Funny how expectation changes perspection and alters the emotion fans have for their club's aspiration.

Remember how we all felt giddy in the QF of the CL just a few Bale years back....well I haven't lost that.

Bring on June....its an occasion which will fill me with happiness seeing my team out there.

I'd be over the moon if I were a Spurs fan. Great coach and squad, a brand new stadium, and every indication you'll be in the running for CL qualification yearly. What's not to like?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Naaaaah your worries are unfounded....Levy aint going to sack him so relax.

Can't think of any other reason he'd be leaving bar a plane crash.

The concern with most fans is not Levy sacking him, 

but the other way round, Poch getting fed up with Levy's

financial restrictions on the running of the club and resigning.

Although I think Levy will know the aftermath & implications

of not keeping Poch on board with his forward planning. 

He's already said he wants to talk with Levy after the UCL

Final to the see if they agree on the next chapter for the club.

22 hours ago, sotsira said:

This season has to go down as the best Poch has acheived

in his 5 yrs at the club with the most injuries to key players

than the previous 4 seasons, they still managed a Top 4 finish.

Not to mention the stadium disruption.

Some players need moving on, whilst others are leaving on 

their decision, so we will prob see a very different squad

next season bar the regulars who make up the spine of the 

team.

For the first time in 2 seasons we NOW have our stadium 

to play in and turn it in to a fortress with the right additions

coming in this summer we'll have an interesting time ahead.

Now ONE more GAME to GO!

COYS! 

Came across this. End of season league form should be a concern.

Screenshot_2019-05-13-21-44-57.png

53 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

End of season league form should be a concern

No concern whatsoever, its obvious why, 

Too many injuries to key players whilst focusing 

on the UCL.

Which in the end proved to work out well by finishing 

in the Top 4 and getting in to the UCL Final.

Plus, next season the squad will be rejuvenated.