Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, sotsira said:

No concern whatsoever, its obvious why, 

Too many injuries to key players whilst focusing 

on the UCL.

Which in the end proved to work out well by finishing 

in the Top 4 and getting in to the UCL Final.

Plus, next season the squad will be rejuvenated.

See the table again and note that from a very solid guaranteed 3rd place you just stumbled over the line in 4th BELOW Chelsea - you almost didn't get that CL place. Blinkers off mate.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See the table again and note that from a very solid guaranteed 3rd place you just stumbled over the line in 4th BELOW Chelsea - you almost didn't get that CL place. Blinkers off mate.

You're right in saying that.

The sale of Dembele in Jan was a huge gamble by the chairman to grab £12m.

Two points less than we won and it would have looked very stupid indeed....Levy got away with it.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You're right in saying that.

The sale of Dembele in Jan was a huge gamble by the chairman to grab £12m.

Two points less than we won and it would have looked very stupid indeed....Levy got away with it.

But ronnie if you were talkin last season .... yeah he was central to everything and put in some awesome performances , and to go with that for his position a little turn of pace close control in tight positions.. if he could have added goals he would have been THE complete holdin middie..But for this season.. NAH for what ever reason injury, him wanting and forcing a move.. who knows..   but he hardly featured for us off the top of my head a dozen AT THE MOST and when he did ..i didnt think he was the good/effective/ influentual..  call it what u want but NOWHERE near his performances last season

He was running out of legs rij but still good for 45 mins or an hour.

The game against Fulham at Wembley he came on and turned the run of play resulting in an easy win...without him we'd have drawn or lost that one.

Anyway it left us a midfielder short for half the season and with Winks out nearly cost us the CL space.

Its fortunate Sissoko has found his best form really or we'd be sunk.

52 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He was running out of legs rij but still good for 45 mins or an hour.

The game against Fulham at Wembley he came on and turned the run of play resulting in an easy win...without him we'd have drawn or lost that one.

Anyway it left us a midfielder short for half the season and with Winks out nearly cost us the CL space.

Its fortunate Sissoko has found his best form really or we'd be sunk.

Yeah  sissoko and winks an unlikely pairing  yet really effective ..  hope they're both fit  for the final..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My point being that the season is over now and we did get top 4.

so no concern atm.

My second point is that the team that finished the season so 

poorly won't be the team that starts next season, I reckon there

could be as many as 5 - 6 changes to the squad.

As for Dembele leaving in Jan, he started 7 and came on as sub 

in 3 = 10 apps. In hindsight. we could have done with him after Jan

when all the injuries started, but when he left, the squad was strong

and doing well, and he hadn't played for 3 months.  

18 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'd be over the moon if I were a Spurs fan. Great coach and squad, a brand new stadium, and every indication you'll be in the running for CL qualification yearly. What's not to like?

I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but we need to win a title. I don't care which one, something we can talk about for the next years.

Maybe we can do that in a few weeks.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Midfeilder Gomes from  barca  for 35 mil via everton sounds like its on the cards,  decent or not ?

Yeah I think Gomes is a decent player and he's already got some 

EPL experience whilst on loan at Everton.

Ryan Sessegnon also looks like he could be arriving as well, a good option to have as a LWB but he can also play on the right, very 

versatile.

A lot of speculation that Rose & Trippier will be sold this summer,

looks like we will be having a lot of changes for next season as I

expected. 

13 hours ago, sotsira said:

Yeah I think Gomes is a decent player and he's already got some 

EPL experience whilst on loan at Everton.Ryan Sessegnon

also looks like he could be arriving as well, a good option to have as a LWB but he can also play on the right, very 

versatile.

A lot of speculation that Rose & Trippier will be sold this summer,

looks like we will be having a lot of changes for next season as I

expected.

Yeah  tripps had a really poor second half of the season.. his defensive game was tested to the extreme and found wanting..could be the lack of cover in front of him .. he was left solo  exposed 2 many times..  players were running past him AT will and that cant happen. Though tbh.. he just looked knackered

Rose.. thought he had his best games/ played well v ajax arguably our best player  yet over the season he's been borderline a liabilty his defensive game has been  TRULY woeful and his attacking side not much better.. being kind ....  inneffective..  with tripps. I'de be tempted to give him another season.. rose,, time for him to go.. a season 2 late imo .. but there u go

Ryan Sessegnon had a  great year in the championship and his  arrival in the prem was much hyped.. yet post that  he seemed to spend an awful lot of time on the bench.. so we'll have to see.

Zaha's up for grabs for 60 mil.. 2 strong  for levy? and maybe makes malcom at barca a more attractive option?   At his age with zaha  there PROBABLY would nt be much of a sell on maybe makin 60 mil  2 strong for levy? who knows levy's  acumen often surprises many.   but would LUV to see zaha play for us.. he's the sort a game changer we could really use  and   at 26  bang on the money to deliver his best years..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Zaha's up for grabs for 60 mil.. 2 strong  for levy? and maybe makes malcom at barca a more attractive option?   At his age with zaha  there PROBABLY would nt be much of a sell on maybe makin 60 mil  2 strong for levy? who knows levy's  acumen often surprises many.   but would LUV to see zaha play for us.. he's the sort a game changer we could really use  and   at 26  bang on the money to deliver his best years..

I'd be astonished if we paid £60m for a player older than 22.

Levy likes his sell on fee return.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd be astonished if we paid £60m for a player older than 22.

Levy likes his sell on fee return.

Yeah he does. . i know its SLIGHTLY diferent but we're talkin about the man that against EVERYONES  att opinion  turned in a profit on the ageing crouchy..  ????  .. so yeah we're  right on first glance,  but you never know.  he could surprise us, and that team is SO  crying out for a zaha or malcom type, zaha being the pref one imo being ' if need be  he can play and threaten anywhere  x ross the front.. whereas malcom only seen him play well wide right and once on the left.. NOT so well. Handy having  the chavs out of the transfer market arguably  makes us  the prefered london choise for players on the move.. new stad champs lge. Ect ect..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Still can't see where he would fit in the team with Son, Moura,

Lamela & Dele. Zaha would become just an alternative option.

I've also read that Palace want £80M which would prob price him

out of a move to most clubs apart from ManUtd, poss Chelsea if 

their ban is lifted, can't see anyone else pay silly money for him

unless Real Madrid would want to replace Bale with him, and Bale

getting loaned to Spurs? Zidane wants rid of him but who's gonna 

pay his wages?

Still won't know ti'll after the UCL Final whether Eriksen will go

to Madrid or Barca as I don't think he'll leave unless one of them

come in for him, so a lot depends on this before we know what's

going to happen this window.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bale is on 600k a week apparently...no way we'd pay half of that even....bye bye to Man Yoo.

I think the 600k a week includes sponsorship deals a add ons,

actual wages I believe is 350k a week.

It's a £10M season long loan that's been touted so it's doable

if say we split the wages 50-50 @ 175k a week.

Anyway I came across this which I found interesting :-

How Spurs built a Stadium and made a Profit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bale is on 600k a week apparently...no way we'd pay half of that even....bye bye to Man Yoo.

You don't want him anyway!! Has everybody forgotten his gutless exit from Spurs? Refusing to talk to the media at the time, and let his "handlers" take care of everything while he hid himself away. In addition to the fact that he is a man bun wearing and diving monstrosity.:coffee1:

49 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You don't want him anyway!! Has everybody forgotten his gutless exit from Spurs? Refusing to talk to the media at the time, and let his "handlers" take care of everything while he hid himself away. In addition to the fact that he is a man bun wearing and diving monstrosity.:coffee1:

I've not forgotten the pink hotpants.

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've not forgotten the pink hotpants.

I was going to mention the frilly pink speedos but that slipped my mind. No wonder Zidane doesn't want him.

• Haha 1

Joking  aside..it wont happen but i'de have him back at spurs  bale is still 29  and on the lhs  NOTE  LHS  is a world class performer  and would be a plus / improve  ALL squads in the prem arguably barring man city and liverpool  

Any club that would sign Bale would be taking a big risk

due to his injury record plus he turns 30 in July this year.

He still has 3 yrs left on his current contract and with his 

earnings I can't see any club prising him away from RM.

On the other hand a 1 year loan deal could be worth taking

a risk, cos when he's fit he's a world class match winner.

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

Any club that would sign Bale would be taking a big risk

due to his injury record plus he turns 30 in July this year.

He still has 3 yrs left on his current contract and with his 

earnings I can't see any club prising him away from RM.

On the other hand a 1 year loan deal could be worth taking

a risk, cos when he's fit he's a world class match winner.

Tbh ..sometimes  I REALLY struggle with footie, pay an ABSOLUTE  FORTUNE for a world class performer whose WHOLE CAREER  barring a while when he more or less had free hand with us ,is built down the lhs  and then they play him out of position down the right..  REALLY !! and then moan when he pics up injuries and doesnt perform QUITE to the level  he has reached b4.  i know the current coach's preference for wingers to play both sides.. even so  common sence seems to somewhat lackin.

Anyways yeah atm he'll be 2 expensive to buy outright   Ide expect madrid ,if he leaves, will agree to a loan with an agreement to buy  even then he'll be expensive

BUT Would LUV to see him back in a spurs shirt.. him next to kane would TEAR the prem up NO DOUBTS.  As for injuries..  give or take a few he's played as many games for madrid as he did for us in a similar amount of time.. SO..  yeah he's had a few injuries  but not that many more than others of his type.. so a risk maybe maybe not..

Despite my mate insisting his info's good I cant for the life of me c poch being into goin to man u ... but juve ... thats ANOTHER story..they really are in that 'elite' barca real  group and atm  not afraid of payin for what they want  aka ramsey ... but we'll c 

13 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Despite my mate insisting his info's good I cant for the life of me c poch being into goin to man u ... but juve ... thats ANOTHER story..they really are in that 'elite' barca real  group and atm  not afraid of payin for what they want  aka ramsey ... but we'll c 

He's going nowhere.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

RM have shown their hand too early. Zidane said he wouldn't bring Bale on even if he could use 4 subs. They want rid, so a bargain (well cheaper fee) could be had

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

RM have shown their hand too early. Zidane said he wouldn't bring Bale on even if he could use 4 subs. They want rid, so a bargain (well cheaper fee) could be had

His wages are the sticking point....I'm sure Kane has a top earner clause buried in there somewhere too.

The Bale situation is nuts though as he has 3/4 years of top class football left in him at least.

A bargain fee possibly and quite possibly an upturn in form if played left wing with a lot of licence to roam.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The Bale situation is nuts though as he has 3/4 years of top class football left in him at least.

A bargain fee possibly and quite possibly an upturn in form if played left wing with a lot of licence to roam.

Who wants him that can afford him? Seems more and more players fall into that category. Bale, Sanchez, maybe Ozil, and possibly others.

• Like 1