Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Great signing but we need at least a couple more to be considered a really good window.

Perhaps Sessegnon and Lo Celso?

I doubt there will be as much talk about Lo Celso now.

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

Get out with your negative vibes or it'll be bean paste for supper!

We need to sign at least 2 more maybe 3 to have any chance of mounting a serious title bid....otherwise...why bother at all?

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Get out with your negative vibes or it'll be bean paste for supper!

We need to sign at least 2 more maybe 3 to have any chance of mounting a serious title bid....otherwise...why bother at all?

I wager Levy $ now for fullback(s) and a backup striker....if you're lucky.:)

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Eriksen will need to be replaced once he leaves, apparently he's

already packed up his house and is ready to move.

That's what all the fuss is about for lo Celso.

Ndombele is a replacement for Dembele.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Could be a few leaving....I'd see three more in at least and maybe two out in the next couple of weeks.

Aside of that if we can prise Sessegnon for £30m or less Levy will see that as good investment.

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Eriksen will need to be replaced once he leaves, apparently he's

already packed up his house and is ready to move.

That's what all the fuss is about for lo Celso.

Ndombele is a replacement for Dembele.

Lo Celso would be nice. I just have a hard time with the idea that Levy us going to splash enough cash to bring in more than 3 or 4 top players. Here's hoping!

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Lo Celso would be nice. I just have a hard time with the idea that Levy us going to splash enough cash to bring in more than 3 or 4 top players. Here's hoping!

Well buying one is not enough ti swell our bench with the necessary to win trophies!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jellydog said:

Of course Levy is not going to sign more than 3 or 4 top players, who said he was ? 

On 7/3/2019 at 5:55 AM, jellydog said:

Are you saying that buying TN means we will not buy LC or any other attacking midfielder ?  as the two are not connected.

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Are you saying that buying TN means we will not buy LC or any other attacking midfielder ?  as the two are not connected.

Only my opinions Alf. Cheers!

^^^ in the same close season levy bought soldado  ericson lamella,  paulinho chadli and a couple of others that slip my mind  but the point being  spent really LARGE for that time.. all this levy  not liking spendin talk is just over hyped <deleted>.. levy LUVS a deal,  Closing  a deal is a 'buzz'  and from what i've read on him ,  he's well and truly  hooked.

tripp's off to athletico madrid for 25 mil  ish ... given current t  monies.. sounds cheap   ish to me

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/16/kieran-trippier-nearing-20m-tottenham-exit-withatletico-madrid/

leaves us aurier and walker peters

so far from what i've seen neither have shown the consistency to hold down the job /task... but we'll c

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

tripp's off to athletico madrid for 25 mil  ish ... given current t  monies.. sounds cheap   ish to me

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/16/kieran-trippier-nearing-20m-tottenham-exit-withatletico-madrid/

leaves us aurier and walker peters

so far from what i've seen neither have shown the consistency to hold down the job /task... but we'll c

Looks like Rose is off too with Sessegnon in....on the right our centre back Foyth might move out there meantime as he's good enough for it according to Poch.

Good business from Poch this and frees up half the cash for Lo Celso.

dont see that, if rose trips and toby  go.. as it stands even with sess'  in  i cant  see our  bac line as ANYWHERE near a top 4 defence.....given we can offer players   new stad AND champs lge footie this is a good opp to make a statement and sign some quality and not to forget the overall investment it seems churlish to NOT wedge out   but hey ho  in poch we'll trust.. but ultimatly its his head on the line.

nice story bout our lad greavesy... crazy that it took ronaldo until 2017 to beat his goal record.. we forget how v v  good he was.. VERY strong arguement foe him  to be the best EVER english striker.. and some interestin comments esp the one bout spurs fans runnin the length of valley parade and volleying the bradford fans with sharpened pennies.. we also forget how bloody dangerous footie was in those days .. wrong colour shirt in the wrong place and you could end up in serious s.. p  it  anyways enjoy  ... https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jul/16/jimmy-greaves-fun-football-broadcasting-saint-and-greavsie

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

didnt realise .. but rose jansenn and nkouduo didnt go on tour and were  left behind  to allow them to  'explore' new opp's.. 

Yes with Trips gone Rose to follow our FB line up will be much changed... Foyth/Aurier and if can step up KWP is on the right for sure and I think Sessegnon will play left once he signs.

The player Poch wants is Lo Celso....we all wait and see!

35 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes with Trips gone Rose to follow our FB line up will be much changed... Foyth/Aurier and if can step up KWP is on the right for sure and I think Sessegnon will play left once he signs.

Foyth or Aurier at right back? A green kid who is more of a centre-back, and inconsistent Aurier ?! I don't know Ronnie, Pochy must have some other ideas, no? I watched Foyth at RB for Argentina during the Copa. He is really talented but still lacking experience and prone to mistakes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

i've been an advocate of up ridding ourselves of the current w'bs ie getting  an upgrade for an age.. but wp's. from what i've seen . NOT  good enuf,  foyth is still error prone,  and  aurier is DRAMATICALLY inconsistent  the pacy yet unproven  sess's atm these  ARN'T  upgrade's.. but hey if poch can get us to the champs lge final witb winks and sissoko as our central middies.. who the hell am i to argue.. however..

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

'aia'. . sounds like an asian war chant.or my ex's mum havin a moan.... still anythings an improvement on 'pony'   2 this day it still baffles how  a 'london' club could EVER wear that on their shirts... but hey ho.   i hope aia are paying royally for the priv' not that i've a clue or give a stuff who they are.

22 hours ago, jellydog said:

Foyth or Aurier at right back? A green kid who is more of a centre-back, and inconsistent Aurier ?! I don't know Ronnie, Pochy must have some other ideas, no? I watched Foyth at RB for Argentina during the Copa. He is really talented but still lacking experience and prone to mistakes.

At Tottenham somthing has to give and it looks like our wingbacks in favour of a scintillating midfield if Lo Celso joins and we don't sell Eriksen.

Giving youth a chance as ever perhaps....three long weeks and always an outside bet on Dani Alves on a year long deal I dream of haha!

Almost posted that as cream....one small error to a huge misunderstanding....the Malvenas once more!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i've been an advocate of up ridding ourselves of the current w'bs ie getting  an upgrade for an age.. but wp's. from what i've seen . NOT  good enuf,  foyth is still error prone,  and  aurier is DRAMATICALLY inconsistent  the pacy yet unproven  sess's atm these  ARN'T  upgrade's.. but hey if poch can get us to the champs lge final witb winks and sissoko as our central middies.. who the hell am i to argue.. however..

Yeah Poch doesn't do conventional but gets outstanding performances from those who graft for him and listen.....and those he trusts.

Keep the faith rij as he's obviously been given the green light to make a good few changes this summer....and remember how bad we were in the run in last season....all needs freshening up.

^ lost his way a bit  and his england spot  last year playing with an injury apparently, shame cos yr b4 he was top of the pops as far as right bacs went and wot a sweet ball he delivered... peachy for strikers. apparently athleticos fitness regime had a bit yr off last year but this pre season and they've upped the anti again.. wish him well, hate it when decent players take one for the team and have to pay 4 it.. obv dont know the full story but on the face of it trips aint really been dealt a fair hand. best of luc to him in spain..

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I can't believe how under the radar the 20M Trippier to Atletico transfer has gone... ! Good luck to him, hope it can kick start his career.

Yeah particularly as according to chaps on here he was better than Walker. 20m is cheap which says a lot.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah particularly as according to chaps on here he was better than Walker. 20m is cheap which says a lot.

Well everyone can have a bad season. At the WC he really did look top drawer. It's a big challenge going to Atletico though. I'm pretty sure it won't be an English speaking dressing room. I wonder if he'll embrace the culture like McManaman or be another Jonathan Woodgate.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm only guessing, but it was well noted last season that Tripps

was playing with a chronic injury sustained during the World Cup

last July.

He had a poor season, which was down to this injury recurring

throughout the season, maybe Poch & Levy thought it would be better to pass the problem on to someone else.

As for him being better than Walker?

Well he was playing in Walker's preferred RB position during the World Cup, which also says a lot, before he got injured.

Here's the link where Poch is explaining the problem.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-southampton-kieran-trippier-injury-latest-pochettino-update-groin-problem-a8669611.html