Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah particularly as according to chaps on here he was better than Walker. 20m is cheap which says a lot.

wot 20 mil could say  is that you paid ott for our second choice rb ?    for us att as a right back   trips  was WAY better than walker, he didnt have thè athletisism of walker but IN EVERY other dept he was a step up. which was why poch dropped walker for him . last season apparently trips  played with an injury which sort of explains the drop in form.. seems harsh him being shown the door whilst taking one for the team OR perhaps he played through it without telling anyone, who knows  either way he's gone and 20 to 25 mil  seems cheap.. perhaps poch has a plan.. tbh from wot ive learnt of poch and his methods, it seems v unlikely that he hasnt.. perhaos he saw that  last season our wbs DIDNT romp forward and CONSISTENTLY  expose defences as in seasons past so maybe   he's seeing the wb's as a postion that needs youthful vigour to continually get up and down the park.. who knows  but i'm sure we'll c 

Edited by 3 minus 2

47 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I'm only guessing, but it was well noted last season that Tripps

was playing with a chronic injury sustained during the World Cup

last July.

He had a poor season, which was down to this injury recurring

throughout the season, maybe Poch & Levy thought it would be better to pass the problem on to someone else.

As for him being better than Walker?

Well he was playing in Walker's preferred RB position during the World Cup, which also says a lot, before he got injured.

Here's the link where Poch is explaining the problem.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-southampton-kieran-trippier-injury-latest-pochettino-update-groin-problem-a8669611.html

From your link

Ultimately Pochettino said it was not a huge problem, and that he had his own experience of it that gave him confidence Trippier could overcome it.  “When I was in Argentina as a 19-year-old I suffered and it is an area that is difficult to sort out. But I don't believe it's a big thing. It's only he needs to start to accept that situation and live with sometimes some pain and play.”

I'm ok with the injury excuse but a groin injury doesn't reduce a player's value that much (20m is peanuts nowadays)

As for Walker. Well, even Trippier thinks Walker is the best RB,

https://en.as.com/en/2018/08/25/football/1535200077_258940.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

From your link

I'm ok with the injury excuse but a groin injury doesn't reduce a player's value that much (20m is peanuts nowadays)

Well if it's a chronic injury and turning 29yrs in 2 months, I'd say

£20M with £5M add ons in the contract seems a fair price to me.

Levy is no fool when it comes to player valuation that's why I think

he and Poch know something that we don't.

It'll be interesting to see how he does at AM under Simeone's hard

work ethics.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

From your link

yep..trip's seems a nice guy... BUT the telling point att was that poch dropped walker in favour of trips .. tbh att most on here   well me and carms.!!. were fed up with walker continually doing these amazing lung busting runs then over and over and  not delivering ANYTHING.  walker had pace and power in abundance but thats it, little else to balance his game. favourite quote by gary neville regarding walkers positional play and overall defending was ' well, if the penny hasnt dropped by now, it never will' think he said that when walker was on england duty.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yep, it had to be said. ????

what has to be said is you paid FAR to much for walker and at the time trips was a far better footballer .. not only did trips take walkers r/b place in the tottenham team , he took his rb england spot. the ONLY saving factor for walker on the england count was that southgate was playing that fateful one dimensional  bac 3 with walker on the rhs and using his speed  as the  player left behind  on free kics/ corners covering breaks..On the rhs of a bac 3 with a wing bac / defnder and a cb to cover his positional mistakes suits him.. tbh i'm surprised you've not noticed his obvious shortcomings .. though fair play to pep he's adapted walkers game to your benifit ..   not b4  me noticing some astonished looks from your players at walkers inept positional play..but my cynical side says pep blowing  50 mil said he had little option but to 'improve' him after all god like pep could NEVER be wrong .. but bottom line with trips is we/poch  improved a reserve bac and turned him  into a full england international and rerurned a 600% profit on him GOOD BUSINESS by anyones standards.. i was gonna go into peps inablity to get the best out of and improve a full french international  cb  mangela and droppin a mere FORTY MILLION on him  ..by anyones standards NOT GOOD BUSINESS  but hey ho

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

what has to be said is you paid FAR to much for walker and at the time trips was a far better footballer .. not only did trips take walkers r/b place in the tottenham team , he took his rb england spot. the ONLY saving factor for walker on the england count was that southgate was playing that fateful one dimensional  bac 3 with walker on the rhs and using his speed  as the  player left behind  on free kics/ corners covering breaks..On the rhs of a bac 3 with a wing bac / defnder and a cb to cover his positional mistakes suits him.. tbh i'm surprised you've not noticed his obvious shortcomings .. though fair play to pep he's adapted walkers game to your benifit ..   not b4  me noticing some astonished looks from your players at walkers inept positional play..but my cynical side says pep blowing  50 mil said he had little option but to 'improve' him after all god like pep could NEVER be wrong .. but bottom line with trips is we/poch  improved a reserve bac and turned him  into a full england international and rerurned a 600% profit on him GOOD BUSINESS by anyones standards.. i was gonna go into peps inablity to get the best out of and improve a full french international  cb  mangela and droppin a mere FORTY MILLION on him  ..by anyones standards NOT GOOD BUSINESS  but hey ho

"What has to be said?" you ask. The fact that you lot less than 12 months ago were making a case for Trippier being the bees knees of Premier fullbacks and now he's been ditched by your lot for £20m. That sale value says it all.

Ps. I ddn't attem 2 reed t rest of ur post, jst 2 diff 2 dicphr.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"What has to be said?" you ask. The fact that you lot less than 12 months ago were making a case for Trippier being the bees knees of Premier fullbacks and now he's been ditched by your lot for £20m. That sale value says it all.

If it were your lot that had come in for him, I'm sure Levy would have sold him to you for £50M

Horses for courses BB ????

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

If it were your lot that had come in for him, I'm sure Levy would have sold him to you for £50M

Horses for courses BB ????

yeah they paid 50 mil for our last 2nd choise back???? so why not indeed.. theyre like blue  dimboy theyve proved time and time again theyre recklessly stupid  enuf

To us its probably worth a few quid to have trips his free kicks and deliveries   in spain NOT coming bac to haunt us as with quality it tends to.. thankfully that rules walker out..????

Your club have valued (ex-City youth) Trippier at just £20m and obviously doesn't rate him anymore. That value represents his current ability and value. It says it all about him, no matter how much you try to deflect by making comparisons with Walker, who incidentally just last month signed a two-year extension until 2024 and is clearly valued and wanted by City. ???? 

Kyle Walker

Manchester City

Individual

Go ahead and post Trippier's honours achievements in the same period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, balo said:

Walker is not really a world class player. Trippier at his best was outstanding for us. 

Walker is definitely not a world class player. He was outstanding for us in his first season (our fullbacks piled forwards) and hit and miss in his 2nd (fullbacks supported wingers and not so high up the pitch). 

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

** Remembers Walker being dropped last season and grins knowingly **

** Remembers Walker being part of selections that won 4 trophies last season and grins knowingly **

Edited by Bredbury Blue

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yet the biggest prize of all continues to elude you.

What a pity.

Stated  many times before that I'd much rather win the Premier than the CL so no problem there from my point of view. 

Are we likely to see Spurs win either the PL or the CL in our lifetimes Ronnie? I seriously doubt it.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What a pity.

No it hasn't. We just won it back-to-back. I would like to win the 2nd biggest prize of club football one day though. But not at the expense of the biggest prize. Especially if we can win the biggest prize for a third time in a row

And yet even the smallest prize of all continues to elude your lot. What a pity ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What a pity.

yeah.. so when they get their cheating <deleted> banned from the champions lge it wont be  an issue.. they'll still have the prem..???? 

edit, i'm just hoping the bans longer than one year.. 2 or even 3 years would REALLY  have an impact.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Are we likely to see Spurs win either the PL or the CL in our lifetimes Ronnie? I seriously doubt it.

Can you predict the future ?

Maybe I have 30 good years left in me so think there is a good chance. 

6 minutes ago, balo said:

Can you predict the future ?

Maybe I have 30 good years left in me so think there is a good chance. 

No, and i don't believe anybody can predict the future but I'll bet there's  few on here seen Spurs be English Champions (i haven't) and i can't see it in Spurs DNA to be champions. Beating Arsenal is as good as it gets.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Aaaah. The good old Spurs kangaroo court is back in session

..dont like arguement stick to your own clubs thread.. you can happily back  your human rights crushing and sporting cheats in peace 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No, and i don't believe anybody can predict the future but I'll bet there's  few on here seen Spurs be English Champions (i haven't) and i can't see it in Spurs DNA to be champions. Beating Arsenal is as good as it gets.

Well actually the CL final was as good as it got last year my little under the bridge pal.

nice try though.

• Haha 1