Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Looks like Gareth Bale is defo leaving RM after what 

Zidane has said today.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/gareth-bales-agent-slams-zinedine-16621708

Zidane said: “Bale did not play because he is very close to leaving. We hope he leaves soon, if tomorrow it would be better. We are working on his transfer to a new team.”

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I hear Ronaldo is considering his next move after that game lol

yeah.. dont think him or messi have scored  a goal like kanes just scored..  it had 'style and quality' stamped all over it..shame it probably wont compete in any goal of the season comp  it warrents it

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and you were oh so spursy in that weren't you. No surprise there.

Oh the knives are being sharpened...and Klopp talking about his rivals this season and not mentioning us.

We love it all.

30 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Four more days for Toby's release clause then its Santa Clause for us.

200k a week for Eriksen I expect to sign as well....the future is looking superb for us.

COYS.

yeah its got a good  feel to it,looks like  levy's coughing up,  if it all goes well not many will want to leave new stad, champs lge ect ect.. thing is poch HAS to deliver.. but realistically if someone paid 35 mil after the deadline would toby get sold? only levy knows..

54 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

I'll never know the true meaning of being Spursy quite like Spurs fans do. 

I recommend mid - late afternoon as the best time to troll the Spurs fans here. Ronnie will be a bit tipsy from his day time sessions. 

18 hours ago, sotsira said:

Looks like Gareth Bale is defo leaving RM after what 

Zidane has said today.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/gareth-bales-agent-slams-zinedine-16621708

Zidane said: “Bale did not play because he is very close to leaving. We hope he leaves soon, if tomorrow it would be better. We are working on his transfer to a new team.”

given the option..  i'de  have gareth bale back .. despite zidanes choise it wasnt so long ago bale single handedly won madrid the champions lge with arguably its greatest ever goal.. at 29 and played to his strengths ie down the lhs IMO  for a few seasons he still has plenty to offer. international retirement wouldnt do his playing  longevity any harm.

fiker signs for real betis   double cheap.. reports are sayin 17 mil.. should see us sign one of   poch's other targets  celso...   tbh never seen him play so at a reported  65 mil ish one expects the 'real deal' so in poch we will trust. 

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

fiker signs for real betis   double cheap.. reports are sayin 17 mil.. should see us sign one of   poch's other targets  celso...   tbh never seen him play so at a reported  65 mil ish one expects the 'real deal' so in poch we will trust. 

Yes both him and Sessegnon looking nailed on to come in....certainly we have enough cover in midfield and defence....question mark still over right back for me though.

Will we see Llorente repaced?.....possibly with a late one year loan or cheap last minute fire sale??

Edit: Or is he going to use Parrott?...bit young imho.

Edited by RonniePickering22

in nfact the rest of the pre season  looks tasty;

uly 21: International Champions Cup, Juventus, National Stadium (Singapore) – kick-off at 12:30pm UK time

July 25: International Champions Cup, Manchester United, Hongkou Stadium (Shanghai) – kick-off at 12:30pm UK time

July 30: Audi Cup, Real Madrid, Allianz Arena (Munich) – kick-off at 4pm UK time

July 31: Audi Cup, Bayern Munich or Fenerbahce, Allianz Arena (Munich) – kick-off TBC

August 4: International Champions Cup, Inter Milan, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London) – kick-off at 3pm UK time

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 1:00 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

in nfact the rest of the pre season  looks tasty;

uly 21: International Champions Cup, Juventus, National Stadium (Singapore) – kick-off at 12:30pm UK time

July 25: International Champions Cup, Manchester United, Hongkou Stadium (Shanghai) – kick-off at 12:30pm UK time

July 30: Audi Cup, Real Madrid, Allianz Arena (Munich) – kick-off at 4pm UK time

July 31: Audi Cup, Bayern Munich or Fenerbahce, Allianz Arena (Munich) – kick-off TBC

August 4: International Champions Cup, Inter Milan, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London) – kick-off at 3pm UK time

International Champions Cup featuring Arsenal, ManU and Spurs. Surely a misnomer.

Interesting that your playing at home on Sunday 4th when City vs Liver is on at Wemberley.

1.0 2 utd @ ht .. pretty even stephens utd may sneek it JUST.. however gazaniga 100% should have stopped the goal.. parrot looks decennt.. good enuf. 4 the prem . 2 me  a cautious yes but poch will prob c things diferently,  walker peters  on that performance just NOT good enuf..  atm looks like rb could well b an issue 4 us  BUT we will c

fairly even game , could have gone either way, ddi  utd desrve to edge it? , they got the reasult so maybe, maybe not 1 st half they did 2 nd we did,  lucus missed arguably our best chance on the final whistle , 1 st half rojo desrved a red for studs up on kane LUCKY he did seriousely damage him  sissoko's tackle looked more like a tangle of legs rather than a stamp that was suggested, thankfully the second half the tackles quitened down,, good standard run out's will do our prem start no harm , unless they play TO much then it becomes an issue

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

fairly even game , could have gone either way, ddi  utd desrve to edge it? , they got the reasult so maybe, maybe not 1 st half they did 2 nd we did,  lucus missed arguably our best chance on the final whistle , 1 st half rojo desrved a red for studs up on kane LUCKY he did seriousely damage him  sissoko's tackle looked more like a tangle of legs rather than a stamp that was suggested, thankfully the second half the tackles quitened down,, good standard run out's will do our prem start no harm , unless they play TO much then it becomes an issue

Yes it was a bit feisty and Poch apologised (see BBC) for some of his players tackles.

OGS didn't seem perturbed ,more concerned about Baillys injury once again which was self inflicted.Spurs seem to have a pretty heavy pre season schedule. 

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Think it was Pereira that made the tackle on Kane. Looking at the slo-mo it was a definite red. Seems to have been premeditated as there was some argy bargy between the two of them following the earlier Sissoko clash with James. Pereira knew exactly what he was doing.

3 hours ago, dabhand said:

Think it was Pereira that made the tackle on Kane. Looking at the slo-mo it was a definite red. Seems to have been premeditated as there was some argy bargy between the two of them following the earlier Sissoko clash with James. Pereira knew exactly what he was doing.

i thought he did as well  it was  a NASTY tackle that smacked of retribution, friendly cup final  . i dont care it should be punished. missed first 15-20  mins, when i turned i heard the commentator sayin spurs were givin james some stick.. which smacked of walker peters being skinned..no surprise there.. i think sissoko then dropped bac to support w p's and he's a beast  and a touch clumsy with it.. his legs got tangled up with james on the floor no nasty intent that i could detect.. .. but from there it kicked off .. and a touch later the kane incident.  bloody shame bout Bailly that first season he looked a class act,lets hope it aint as bad as all's thinking.

• Like 1