Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Yes it was a bit feisty and Poch apologised (see BBC) for some of his players tackles.

OGS didn't seem perturbed ,more concerned about Baillys injury once again which was self inflicted.Spurs seem to have a pretty heavy pre season schedule. 

yeah my thoughts were initially  hey that looks good and to a degree still do,  but over all  its to much in to short a time and on  the evidence of the last couple of games it'll be a bloody miracle if we emerge without at least one serious injury.  

Tours in Asia and playing in 35 degrees heat and humidity are more about revenue raisers and building a fan base than getting players ready for what will be a physically punishing season.

Time will tell but as a United supporter I'm glad they have gone home

it was a link sort of via   newsnows footie page , felt like they made it dificult to copy the link  so google it seemed like the same article   ???? att thought it was the only report on his comments hence me googling it and givin u lot the link but now  seems they are reported by most.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Well woolwich are signing some £72m no hoper whilst Poch wants to change his job title to coach.

Yes this is transfer window twilight zone time where all of our targets suddenly disappear before a £5 bargain at the death.

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well woolwich are signing some £72m no hoper whilst Poch wants to change his job title to coach.

Yes this is transfer window twilight zone time where all of our targets suddenly disappear before a £5 bargain at the death.

Have you managed to get Gareth back yet?

I heard that Aston Villa are about to snap him up. ????

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Have you managed to get Gareth back yet?

I heard that Aston Villa are about to snap him up. ????

Gareth to Villa eh! AV; the one to watch this season. In fact there are four clubs that will break up the monopoly of the big 6 IMO.

Wolves, Leicester, Everton* and Villa**.

* in early 70's the most successful domestic club (fell away a bit recently).

** Just in case we did forget; Euro champs not long ago.

• Like 1

^^ will or could ?,  two very diferent scenarios owl..  wolves seemingly  have the finance and the beginning of a team that COULD challenge will they? i'de go a strong maybe  everton and leicester lacked the consistency and in leicesters case players still want to leave to gain regular or the promise of a regular cl  spot, and in evertons case they havent managed consistent results that would elevate them into the top four on a regular basis for ,,, ever , tbh atm cant see why that would change. villa big club or not atm they are light years away from a top 4 spot. staying in the prem HAS to be their priority and get that sorted and who knows.

Edited by 3 minus 2

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Gareth to Villa eh! AV; the one to watch this season. In fact there are four clubs that will break up the monopoly of the big 6 IMO.

Wolves, Leicester, Everton* and Villa**.

* in early 70's the most successful domestic club (fell away a bit recently).

** Just in case we did forget; Euro champs not long ago.

Certainly exciting times for Villa at the moment.

We have been in the wilderness for far too long now and have been since we lost O'Neill.

16 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^ will or could ?,  two very diferent scenarios owl..  wolves seemingly  have the finance and the beginning of a team that COULD challenge will they? i'de go a strong maybe  everton and leicester lacked the consistency and in leicesters case players still want to leave to gain regular or the promise of a regular cl  spot, and in evertons case they havent managed consistent results that would elevate them into the top four on a regular basis for ,,, ever , tbh atm cant see why that would change. villa big club or not atm they are light years away from a top 4 spot. staying in the prem HAS to be their priority and get that sorted and who knows.

Is there a villa thread? Never mind Super Spurs will do for now.

Firstly Villa. Only Liverpool and Man U bigger.

Take the last 10 games across 4 divisions and The Villa are third, behind Pool and The Blues. If they can maintain any sort of early momentum they will be up there after 10 games.

Everton; I'd hate to be an Evertonian. The Reds constantly rubbing their noses in it; a bit like it was with Arsenal and Spurs, and of course Utd and City. But I think Everton have the players to have a decent go at the top boys. If (and I make you right about consistency 3 minus 2), the Toffees can find some, no-team will look at their fixtures and think 3 easy points against them.

Wolves; just getting better. Quietly slipping under the radar.

Leicester; Vardy to be golden boot lad. The manager is one of the shrewdest tacticians in the EPL. He will play to Leicester's talents. Contain, contain, control and pick the ball out of the net. He was right when he said that Vardy was being asked to do too much. Continual runs from the half way line are just too much. But give him a yard 20 metres out and the defence is struggling to hold him.

villa MAYBE historically a big club.. as are leeds  but atm villa are  a MILLION miles from anywhere near a european spot let alone top 4  i like smith  he's a good manager, but his current huge buying spell is V V RISKY as fulham found out, and you cant expect/ doesnt happen, a  winning streak in the championship to carry over to the prem else ALL the prev promoted clubs would still be in the prem.. goals will be an issue for them.. wasnt grealish their top scorer last year?  says it all really he 'll do v v well to get into double figures this year.

as for everton,, same same as arsenal to spurs.. at some time the tide will turn but next season.. NOT A CHANCE in hell.. liverpool have laid foundations for at least 5 seasons and it will carrry on when gerrard takes over from kloppy.

Dont disagree with u on the vardy but at 32 his extra pacey days are numbered and  their manager he's suits them they've got a good first 11 but after that ....  not enuf imo to sustain a assault on more than one front

i saaid last season and i'll stick with wolves ATM to me are the most likely to assault the top clubs their 'buying' structure is a step above most and will get better as they establish themselves in the prem

• Like 1

thought we looked decent last night. and there were plenty of positives.. overall  barring the last 25 mins we controlled the game. and should have had it sewn up.

sissoko looks as though he's stepped his game up AGAIN.. he is a beast, keeps thŕis up and adds a few goals imo he'll be a pfa contender,  who would have thought that ,, eh ?  and his face was a picture when he was presented the trophy   GOOD TO SEE.. and all the yung uns look decent and NOT anywhere near out of their depth, 'blooding' them  at 17 ish  can only be a good thing  lets hope im wrong  and all step up and rb isnt going to be N issue. 

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

so milan 2 moro 3 pm ko slight overlap with the charity sheild and of coarse the the ashes on as well

i'm still calling home 'white hart lane'  suppose i will forever.. however we got a sponsorship  deal yet?

Looks like Levy is chasing the best long deal on that.

Meanwhile its cat and mouse right down to the wire....Sessegnon looks nailed on but I reckon we'll not sign any others now.

A pretty crap window and a scrap for third/fourth on the cards.

^^   funny cos for some unknown reason my 'guts' telling me sessegnon aint gonna happen this window.  But i reckon we'll get another attacking middie'  either celso or fernandes   who if u believe 'paper talk' has told his club he wants  join us.. not quite as defo as a transfer request  however

rumours seem to be mounting over ericsons immenant departure ... tbh the way he performed in the second half of the  season...  NO great loss   he was poor ..and thats being kind

in fairness  tho with prob' the exception of sissoko NOT MANY in fact ptob' NONE  of our team can

hold their heads up and say that in the prem in the second half of the season  they were on top  of their game.  

oh and i know its pre season and means jac shit ... however his 2  pen miss's about sums up where he's at.  lookin .vv short on confidence.

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

tbh the way he performed in the second half of the  season...  NO great loss   he was poor ..and thats being kind

in fairness  tho with prob' the exception of sissoko NOT MANY in fact ptob' NONE  of our team can

hold their heads up and say that in the prem in the second half of the season  they were on top  of their game. 

Final third.

Screenshot_2019-08-02-11-31-50.png

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

rumours seem to be mounting over ericsons immenant departure ... tbh the way he performed in the second half of the  season...  NO great loss   he was poor ..and thats being kind

oh and i know its pre season and means jac shit ... however his 2  pen miss's about sums up where he's at.  lookin .vv short on confidence.

A number of key injuries plus the sale of Dembele caused this.

We still need a couple in really with as many days left of the window.

Looks like its going to be silly season tomorrow!

55 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A number of key injuries plus the sale of Dembele caused this.

We still need a couple in really with as many days left of the window.

Looks like its going to be silly season tomorrow!

A couple? more like 3 or 4, that's just the minimum needed

to maintain the departures already, Llorente, Jannsen, Trippier

& Eriksen ( cos he's as good as gone IMO)

I'm gonna refrain from slating Levy until Friday.

Unless he pulls a few rabbits out of his deep pockets!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

A couple? more like 3 or 4, that's just the minimum needed

to maintain the departures already, Llorente, Jannsen, Trippier

& Eriksen ( cos he's as good as gone IMO)

I'm gonna refrain from slating Levy until Friday.

Unless he pulls a few rabbits out of his deep pockets!

I think Parrott will take one striker spot Sots.

strong rumors of dybala joining... no doubts he's a class act and would be a welcome addition.. however   kane and co apparently have something called 'parity' in their contracts so of dybala comes in on ? kane and ?? others will get the same ..so unless levy digs HUGELY DEEP and consequently unlocks the flood gates i wouldnt think he'll b joining us .. BUT maybe levy can and the accountants can 'play' around with the fig's ..