Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Final third.

Screenshot_2019-08-02-11-31-50.png

You forgot to mention that the last game of the season was the Champions League final. Who cares about a few losses. 

9 minutes ago, balo said:

You forgot to mention that the last game of the season was the Champions League final. Who cares about a few losses. 

yeah the champs lge hid a piss poor end to the  prem season.. i've every confidence that poch will turn it around.. BUT serious question.. forget the champs lge .. go  SOLEY on prem results from xmas'y   would poch have survived? .. I'de like to shout 'of coarse' BUT hand on heart there has to be doubts.

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Looks like Lo Celso is on the way. Another of Pochy's countrymen. Keep 'em coming.

I know this isn't an official Tottenham site but they're claiming 

the deals are done.

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2019/08/08/tottenham-sign-real-betis-midfielder-giovanni-lo-celso/

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If we get Sessegnon and Dybala as well it looks a fantastic window for us.

Not sure about Dybala as yet, but Sess looks like it's done.

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2019/08/08/ryan-sessegnon-fulham-signs/

^^^ a radio bod' in the 'spurs know'  was v v specific when he said bout wage parity being in at least kanes contract.. so him coming to spurs was NEVER gonna happen.. unless we did a man city and paid them under the coumter...   and the kid from fulham.. an untested yoof with 12 mnths on his contract  left    25 MIL .AINT GONNA happen  atm i'de say levy would be goin for 12 plus a player.. come jan chances are he'll be just another championship player with litte or no prem exp ok with potential but   6 mnths left meaning he WILL be cheaper.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How good a window this is won't be known until the European window shuts.

Obviously if Eriksen goes we'll have spent nothing.

Yep. I expect to see quite a few EPL footballers off to Spain, Italy and elsewhere. Man United still with a big load of deadwood.

• Like 1

; ronnie  , dont think we have to wory bout anyone leavin , ericson goin is covered. Upfront looked a pos thin ,, this year WILL b lucas year , he's  so due  and  u saw parrot, to me he looked not far of ready for the prem. tbh the only place i'm concenred about is r/b foyth is a c/b and better there, serg is RABIDLY inconsistent abso great one week abso shocking the next so bad , its like two diferent players. and w/p's ,, well tbh the jury is out, looks 2 slight , however poch obviously see's something else he'd b well gone by now,so we'll have to see

post the cl cf  this   window NEEDED to be taken advantage of, and overall i'de say levy and poch have done well, a good window, ericson to go to help balance the books? !!!! ALL GOOD 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Solid window for Spurs I'd say. Let's remember that this is a team which reached the European Cup final.

We are in the era of 'buy this, that and the other player NOW'.... but sometimes, as long as you don't let the wrong players go, less is more because:

a) you don't unsettle the team / squad

b) you are actually leaving space for younger players to play and develop

and c) you have more time to see where there is a weak spot, and act upon it in the next window. 

I agree its an excellent window IF we keep Eriksen....I see Rij reckons Lo Celso covers his departure but we need more quality on the bench so if he leaves its square one for my eyes.

It is all a myth that we have bought these new players as according to posters coming on here we are skint and haven't got any money now that we have spent all our money on the new stadium, we was told look at Arsenal they couldn't buy new players after building a new stadium and Spurs will be the same !

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I agree its an excellent window IF we keep Eriksen....I see Rij reckons Lo Celso covers his departure but we need more quality on the bench so if he leaves its square one for my eyes.

Spot on Ronnie, Poch wanted 1 more attacking player to add to the squad ( Lo Celso), if Eriksen were to leave we haven't got a creative player to replace him although the numbers would be the same, hence no stronger than last season in that department.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and the kid from fulham.. an untested yoof with 12 mnths on his contract  left    25 MIL .AINT GONNA happen

Spot on as usual

15 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

unless we did a man city and paid them under the coumter.

Which players were paid under the coumter (sic) then?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Spot on Ronnie, Poch wanted 1 more attacking player to add to the squad ( Lo Celso), if Eriksen were to leave we haven't got a creative player to replace him although the numbers would be the same, hence no stronger than last season in that department.

I'd be more concerned about losing Danny Rose before the window

closes, apparently Levy was trying to sell him to Watford yesterday.

Rose even went to their training ground to finalise a deal but Watford offered £14M and Levy disagreed.

There's also Toby, who could still leave if a Euro club comes in for

him at the right price.

As for Eriksen, his head isn't in the right frame of mind for me, 

unless he signs a new contract (which I doubt) then he's as good

as gone already, or Poch will bench him.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Spot on as usual

Which players were paid under the coumter (sic) then?

No fee has been announced by tottenham  as yet its pure speculation and assumption   so we'll c

and the 'payments' i refer to are the ones  you were quite heavily  fined for and   arent you  currently serving some sort of suspended sentence about , oh and failing that  the ones you are CURRENTLY under investigation about which  apparently you 'forgot' to reveal during the last investigation.

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

I'd be more concerned about losing Danny Rose before the window

closes, apparently Levy was trying to sell him to Watford yesterday.

Rose even went to their training ground to finalise a deal but Watford offered £14M and Levy disagreed.

There's also Toby, who could still leave if a Euro club comes in for

him at the right price.

As for Eriksen, his head isn't in the right frame of mind for me, 

unless he signs a new contract (which I doubt) then he's as good

as gone already, or Poch will bench him.

I'll be shocked if Eriksen stays. He's ready for a change and I bet Spurs are ready. He'll be missed.

21 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'll be shocked if Eriksen stays. He's ready for a change and I bet Spurs are ready. He'll be missed.

Sounds like he is being left out and no part of the managers plans going forwards. Can’t blame him when someone says they want a fresh start, but he is a class act and a hard one to follow. 

As for Rose, I’m sure his heart is not going to be in it after the last minute attempt to ship him out. Obviously he will still be totally professional and give his all. 

Edited by Kadilo

48 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Sounds like he is being left out and no part of the managers plans going forwards. Can’t blame him when someone says they want a fresh start, but he is a class act and a hard one to follow. 

As for Rose, I’m sure his heart is not going to be in it after the last minute attempt to ship him out. Obviously he will still be totally professional and give his all. 

what has erikson been left out of? 

and there's been NO last minute attempt to offload rose.. he got told pre season tour he could leave if he wish's and stayed behind to sort a new club.. that didnt happen so atm he's a spurs player.. and he's the SAME as EVERY player in EVERY CLUB when the right money gets offered . he'll go, 

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

what has erikson been left out of? 

and there's been NO last minute attempt to offload rose.. he got told pre season tour he could leave if he wish's and stayed behind to sort a new club.. that didnt happen so atm he's a spurs player.. and he's the SAME as EVERY player in EVERY CLUB when the right money gets offered . he'll go, 

It was widely reported that Rose was being offered to sign for 

Watford yesterday, but they didn't match Levy's valuation so it

fell through.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/mauricio-pochettino-provides-update-on-danny-roses-future/

Poch on the other hand is saying today that he's in his plans,

I'll be pleased if he does stay for at least one more season,

then maybe Anthony Georgiou or Ryan Sess can step up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sotsira said:

fell through.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/mauricio-pochettino-provides-update-on-danny-roses-future/

I wouldn't hurt to have Rose and Toby around, just like it didn't hurt last season when it looked like Toby was gone but stayed.

51 minutes ago, sotsira said:

fell through.

yeah cant harm having another body around.. but with davies and now sess' were covered ish  and rose's defensive game HAS improved unfortunatly he's lost a yard and cant get past defenders as b4 and imo that was his main asset for the team/squad. poch said pre tour if he's here post tour, then he's part of things.. as it stands he's a regular in southgates squad and is still only 28  wot u reckon ? i'de say  25 mil should buy him .

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

No fee has been announced by tottenham  as yet its pure speculation and assumption   so we'll c

and the 'payments' i refer to are the ones  you were quite heavily  fined for and   arent you  currently serving some sort of suspended sentence about , oh and failing that  the ones you are CURRENTLY under investigation about which  apparently you 'forgot' to reveal during the last investigation.

Huh?

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

When it's announced by Spurs do let us know. £25M you said ain't going to happen is being reported by all websites, even the reliable ones.