Jonathan Fairfield

Can't say I'm pleased with what I saw in yesterday's match,

not what I was expecting anyway.

Even before kick off, things didn't seem right for the start of 

a new season, with the news that Vertonghen, although fit,

was left out of the match day squad.

That's a bit of a worry when your best defender who's featured

well over pre season is suddenly dropped, so something has

gone down behind the scenes for that to happen .

Then there's Eriksen, who started on the bench while Poch plays 

his love child Lamela in his place.

Serious question,

how much has Lamela improved as a player since he arrived

six yrs ago to justify a starting place? cos all I see, is the same as I did when he first arrived, goes on his runs with the ball, straight

in to an opposition player, falls over, and hopes to get a foul. 

Eriksen's worth to the team was all there for everyone to see

when he came on and changed the game, from never looking like 

scoring, to getting 3 goals in the last 20mins. 

So at least he looked like he was interested to play and not

sulking that he's still at the club.

What I can see is, if we play like that next week Citeh will do to

us what they did to the spammers yesterday a good spanking!

Poch has got some serious thinking to do before then. 

• Like 1

for the first ? mins villa made it  v tuf sat bac v deep and countered and v nearly got a second and . with mings REALLY lookin the part of a top cb,  heaton on the v top of his game next to   smiths decent orgonisation they made life uncomfortable.  when poch pushed sissoko wide and eriksen was 'put' in  between the lines, and an upping of the tempo in the final 3rd , finally we looked  though we' d break througjh and  once we got one the floodgates would open.. and to a point they did. a fortunate deflection for the first.. but post that the tension was lifted and we shone and sparkled  and at  3  1 given the over whelming stats in our favour it  was 'almost' a fair reflection and result. 

Edited by 3 minus 2

Moura with his back to goal FAIL

Sissoko further forward FAIL

Rose attacking quality? FAIL

Some of those guys are tactically inept and Eriksen was visibly teaching them where they should be when he came on....appalling at this level.

Son and Alli must have been cringing.

That said we dominated but bloody hell Poch has his work cut out if we sell Eriksen....Sessegnon on the left next week please and get Lamela back warming his seat on the bench.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Moura with his back to goal FAIL

Sissoko further forward FAIL

Rose attacking quality? FAIL

Some of those guys are tactically inept and Eriksen was visibly teaching them where they should be when he came on....appalling at this level.

Son and Alli must have been cringing.

That said we dominated but bloody hell Poch has his work cut out if we sell Eriksen....Sessegnon on the left next week please and get Lamela back warming his seat on the bench.

Sessegnon has a hamstring injury won't be seeing him for at

least a month.

The only changes we can do next week is Eriksen for Lamela,

and Vertonghen for Sanchez, maybe Aurier for KWP.

Not sure if Lo Celso will be ready to feature but possible.

Either way, can't see us getting anything at Citeh, after watching

them spank the spammers, we might have to right that one off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Either way, can't see us getting anything at Citeh, after watching

them spank the spammers, we might have to right that one off.

Did you watch our game?  We were absolutely bobbins the first half though we improved 2nd half.

I didn't watch your game but if you are anything like the Spurs of last season in the PL (excluding your last 12 game pathetic run) then it will be quite a game next weekend.

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Did you watch our game?  We were absolutely bobbins the first half though we improved 2nd half.

I didn't watch your game but if you are anything like the Spurs of last season in the PL (excluding your last 12 game pathetic run) then it will be quite a game next weekend.

Ndombele is going to make a big difference in our midfield is clear already.

Never seen Lo Celso kick a football so no idea on him....with Alli and Son out a huge task for us.

Not helped by dithering players and Sissoko being asked to do far more than he is able.

Edited by RonniePickering22

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ndombele is going to make a big difference in our midfield is clear already.

Never seen Lo Celso kick a football so no idea on him....with Alli and Son out a huge task for us.

Not helped by dithering players and Sissoko being asked to do far more than he is able.

Wasn't overly impressed watching him in the WC although many Argy fans were clamouring for him to get minutes at the time. Jelly might know more about the general feeling over there though.

BTW Thanks for the 3-1 yesterday. #shouldvebeenmybanker????

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yeah I watched your game, and I can't see us giving you a proper game

with Son suspended, Dele Alli injured, Lamela playing like headless chicken,

God knows whether Vertonghen or Eriksen will start, so if yesterday's

performance is anything to go by, we'll do well to keep it down to a 3 goal

deficit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wilai said:

Wasn't overly impressed watching him in the WC although many Argy fans were clamouring for him to get minutes at the time. Jelly might know more about the general feeling over there though.

BTW Thanks for the 3-1 yesterday. #shouldvebeenmybanker????

Yo. Lo Celso had one very good game in the Copa America and others average. He's a big talent in my book. Check out his stats last year at Real Betis. Smart for his age attacking mid who has good vision. Can play in the hole or further back, like Eriksen. I was surprised when PSG let him go. Maybe not enough tats.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yeah I watched your game, and I can't see us giving you a proper game

with Son suspended, Dele Alli injured, Lamela playing like headless chicken,

God knows whether Vertonghen or Eriksen will start, so if yesterday's

performance is anything to go by, we'll do well to keep it down to a 3 goal

deficit.

I agree about Lamela, but credit him for nicking the ball off <deleted> Grealish which led to Kane's goal making it 2-1. A big moment. I must say I could never understand Spurs' love affair with Grealish. Dodged a bullet by missing out on that little shitbird.

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I agree about Lamela, but credit him for nicking the ball off <deleted> Grealish which led to Kane's goal making it 2-1. A big moment. I must say I could never understand Spurs' love affair with Grealish. Dodged a bullet by missing out on that little shitbird.

Lamela works hard every minute....can't fault that he just seems to get into form then out injured a week later.

When you look at United's defense and compare it with ours, it's not much to cheer about is it? Maguire and Bissaka vs Danny Rose.  

But too early to tell , it can only get better. 

On 8/8/2019 at 3:53 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

...... and the kid from fulham.. an untested yoof with 12 mnths on his contract  left    25 MIL .AINT GONNA happen  atm i'de say levy would be goin for 12 plus a player.. come jan chances are he'll be just another championship player with litte or no prem exp ok with potential but   6 mnths left meaning he WILL be cheaper.

Seems it did happen according to Khan. 

“Speaking to the club's official website (h/t Darren Wells of the Mirror), Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan explained Spurs did not follow up their initial interest in the player over the summer and only decided to match Fulham's valuation late in the day.

"We heard from them [Spurs] for the first time two weeks before the close of the window.

"We had been making all our deals under the assumption that Ryan could wind the contract down and they were not going to offer us anything. I was totally prepared for that.

"We had got three of our top four targets on loan but there was still a lot of uncertainty about what we could do in the rest of the window after we got Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter.

"It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less than our asking price, which is exactly what we got."

25 mill ain’t so bad. 

Edited by Kadilo

33 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Seems it did happen according to Khan. 

“Speaking to the club's official website (h/t Darren Wells of the Mirror), Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan explained Spurs did not follow up their initial interest in the player over the summer and only decided to match Fulham's valuation late in the day.

"We heard from them [Spurs] for the first time two weeks before the close of the window.

"We had been making all our deals under the assumption that Ryan could wind the contract down and they were not going to offer us anything. I was totally prepared for that.

"We had got three of our top four targets on loan but there was still a lot of uncertainty about what we could do in the rest of the window after we got Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter.

"It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less than our asking price, which is exactly what we got."

25 mill ain’t so bad. 

For either party imho....its a fair price in this market.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

For either party imho....its a fair price in this market.

Was it 25M? I'm not so sure considering Josh Onomah went the other way.

Difficult to know how the actual values were calculated, 

25M + Josh Onomah = 30-40 Million for Sess

or was it,

25M - Josh Onomah = 10-20 Million for the whole deal as a package.

Anyone's guess.

5 hours ago, sotsira said:

Was it 25M? I'm not so sure considering Josh Onomah went the other way.

Difficult to know how the actual values were calculated, 

25M + Josh Onomah = 30-40 Million for Sess

or was it,

25M - Josh Onomah = 10-20 Million for the whole deal as a package.

Anyone's guess.

has to be no2, else fulham would be larging it    f s!!  josh onomah ,4 us he never did anything wrong , he just didnt effect]change  the games in what i saw, theres a player there 4 sure but whem it 'll show, who knows

24 minutes ago, balo said:

It's only Poch who knows the truth. Maybe some sort of punishment?  We'll see a different team starting the next game. 

Well no point worrying about injuries if two of your best players are bench warming. 

Pochs got what and who he wanted, he will have run out of excuses and people to dig at  if he don’t get closer to or in between the top two  this season. 

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What’s the score with Vertonghen? 

Another one along with Eriksen who has pissed off the boss.?

Both banker starters surely if your playing your best side?

i thought towards the end of last season he started to look like a craggy 'old' c/b,, but hey thats just me, but on the other hand toby's lost a yard of pace and at 32 poch needs to be lookin towards managing/and or replacing verity , sanchez has been around for long enuf , he needs to step up and not screw up , like he's got a tendancy to, trouble is neither him or foyth are natural lhs players, no biggie against run of the mill, but in the champs lge it WILL be found out

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

19 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Well no point worrying about injuries if two of your best players are bench warming. 

Pochs got what and who he wanted, he will have run out of excuses and people to dig at  if he don’t get closer to or in between the top two  this season. 

Foolish comment. Podgy has over achieved in previous years and just getting in top 4 and a decent CL run is commendable. Anyrhing more is dreamland.