Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

45 minutes ago, Mikisteel said:

Foolish comment. Podgy has over achieved in previous years and just getting in top 4 and a decent CL run is commendable. Anyrhing more is dreamland. 

I agree with the first remover achieving but fact  is he has constantly had a dig about not being in charge of transfers and the lack of activity preventing them from moving on so now he’s got it he needs to kick on. 

As for foolish comments, start with your own posts. 

Edited by Kadilo

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What’s the score with Vertonghen? 

Another one along with Eriksen who has pissed off the boss.?

Both banker starters surely if your playing your best side?

My take on this is he did the same to Toby first game of last season,

I think it's his way of sending a message to all the players that he won't 

select anyone on reputation but on current fitness & form.

Poch has also previously stated that at the start of any season everyone

starts with a clean slate and will be picked on merit.

18 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I agree with the first remover achieving but fact  is he has constantly had a dig about not being in charge of transfers and the lack of activity preventing them from moving on so now he’s got it he needs to kick on. 

As for foolish comments, start with your own posts. 

No jimmy you start with yours. Straight out the sun I bet. I bet you got the sun app. You need to drop down a division or two. You do not deserve that manager either so you best start looking at your own clan instead of being concerned about others. Night night jimbo. 

• Like 1

interestin stats ,, think some of those boys are likin london a littttle bit 2 much!!!!,, maybe a months loan at??? burnley  ?    would sort it out, my memories of the place  2006ish to 10ish  was its  nasty little racist hole,,  they'de be BEGGIN 2  come bac and  play   ????

edit forgot to put the link up,,,

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/true-cost-61-injuries-spurs-16761875

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kadilo said:

What’s the score with Vertonghen? 

Another one along with Eriksen who has pissed off the boss.?

Both banker starters surely if your playing your best side?

Not sure anyone has pissed off the boss, neither up to full fitness and other players are so they play, it's not rocket science ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That was really the game where we could have done with Son's pace rather than Kane up front for me....Eriksen was totally anonymous again which won't do his transfer hopes any good.

What a shame eh?

lol

Eriksen is very inconsistent, last week he took control of the game

when he came on against Villa, yesterday, he could have stayed in

the dressing room and it wouldn't have made a difference to us.

It's a shame cos I can't see him leaving this window, and I can't see

him signing a new contract, so we'll end up with his inconsistency

until he leaves on a free next summer most probably.

1 minute ago, sotsira said:

Not from what I've seen in the last 2 games, maybe nearer to

Liverpool, but City are on another level to everyone else.

They should have won by 2-3 goals yesterday.

If you had lost by 3/4 No one would of said it wasn’t a fair reflection. 

That said, you dug in and didn’t capitulate like my lot last week so shows good spirit. 

13 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Eriksen is very inconsistent, last week he took control of the game

when he came on against Villa, yesterday, he could have stayed in

the dressing room and it wouldn't have made a difference to us.

It's a shame cos I can't see him leaving this window, and I can't see

him signing a new contract, so we'll end up with his inconsistency

until he leaves on a free next summer most probably.

in fairness ALL of our players that 'perform' in and around their final 3rd  had poor games... why was that you think ?

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That was really the game where we could have done with Son's pace rather than Kane up front for me....Eriksen was totally anonymous again which won't do his transfer hopes any good.

What a shame eh?

lol

Son not playing was a big bonus for us and especially Otamendi who is slooooow but had a decent game against Kane.

Should have put Moura on earlier. You were crying out for someone with pace to be the outlet when we had you penned in your own half, and he troubled Zinchenko with his pace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

in fairness ALL of our players that 'perform' in and around their final 3rd  had poor games... why was that you think ?

Cos Winks & Eriksen weren't in the game, and didn't link the 

midfield to the forward players.

N'dombele did better with the assist for Lamela's goal.

Sissoko was stuck on the right side helping out KWP.

Moura looked the most dangerous with his pace when he

came on. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Early doors what with new players, injuries etc,  but from what you’ve seen so far do you think you will get any closer to the top 2? 

Closer to the top two slightly but more significant we will pull away in third....especially if we can add a striker in Jan.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Cos Winks & Eriksen weren't in the game, and didn't link the 

midfield to the forward players.

N'dombele did better with the assist for Lamela's goal.

Sissoko was stuck on the right side helping out KWP.

Moura looked the most dangerous with his pace when he

came on. 

bottom line is NONE of our forwards had much of the game.. it was as much as our 'midfeild' could do to stop their high line  over running us . and consequently starving our forward players, last weeks game was tailor made for erickson.. play was 100% in their half  and erickson ran between the lines and absolutely dictated  the game  yestday was a totally difent  every ball goin to our front players was a battle and HARD fought for, sissoko's power helped bring it out  but erickson came in and was expected to give a hand and he did however TUFING IT out and playin in our half aint really gonna show case his ability.. in fairness I dont think you can critise erickson and our forward players by comparing last week to this week.. POLAR opposite games   in fact we did  to villa what city did to us  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Closer to the top two slightly but more significant we will pull away in third....especially if we can add a striker in Jan.

I m all fot giving young parrot a go.. any striker worth his salt aint gonna come to us knowing all he's gonna do it in kanes shadow.. however give young parrot a couple of years shadowing kane and u never know he maybe ready to fill his boots IF and WHEN kane does the off. the kids got a sublime 1 st touch and an eye for goal. tbh atm weve got a decent squad.. however this weird euro thing could REALLY cost us its just mad t that despite us closin our transfer window europeans can ignore that and come and plunder squads is just  RIDICULOUS,  close should mean closed.. no more in and no more out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Dybala makes a ton of money and wasn't in good form last season. But then this from yesterday. Maybe you can grab him in January. This is Messi level nastiness.

it wont happen in jan for the same reasons as it didnt happen last  window  EARNINGS

.. sayin it wont happen it could happen if he  roughly half's  his earnings .. which aint v likely.. and besides with that 'form'  juv wont b lookin 2 hard to offload

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

it wont happen in jan for the same reasons as it didnt happen last  window  EARNINGS

.. sayin it wont happen it could happen if he  roughly half's  his earnings .. which aint v likely.. and besides with that 'form'  juv wont b lookin 2 hard to offload

All true.

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

All true.

Or course it's not true, " if he  roughly half's  his earnings "  he doesn't earn 400,000 pounds or equivalent at Juve, when the deal all went pear shaped it was put down to one of two things 1) couldn't agree on his naming rights  2) Juve had decided not to release him as they hadn't signed a replacement.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

For the record Dybala's current salary at Juve is €7M per year

which equates to around £125k per week.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/juventus-player-salaries-highest-wage-bill-in-serie-a-14037

I've also read reports that Juve pulled out of the deal with Spurs

due to excessive agent fee demands and not having a replacement.

He would have probably been offered around 150-200k if he were 

to have joined Spurs.

8 hours ago, sotsira said:

For the record Dybala's current salary at Juve is €7M per year

which equates to around £125k per week.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/juventus-player-salaries-highest-wage-bill-in-serie-a-14037

I've also read reports that Juve pulled out of the deal with Spurs

due to excessive agent fee demands and not having a replacement.

He would have probably been offered around 150-200k if he were 

to have joined Spurs.

I had read he was on $300,000 a week which seemed over the top to me.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I had read he was on $300,000 a week which seemed over the top to me.

when he went into neg's with man utd.. i read they said  his EARNINGS  were  £350.000 per wk... and wanted that at least to move .. 

and just b4 he supposedly  talked to us a journo on the bbc who seemed v sure of his info, said that kane and ???? had clause's in their contract..s to give them  'parity'  so it wouldnt have been just his wages levy had to accomodate.. others contractually were entitled to the same.. so on that it wasnt EVER gonna happen.. what ACTUALLY happened.. your guess is as good as mine.. pr wise us 'sniiffing' at a 'world stage' player did our 'non spending' image no harm..

Edited by 3 minus 2

11 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

when he went into neg's with man utd.. i read they said  his EARNINGS  were  £350.000 per wk... and wanted that at least to move .. 

and just b4 he supposedly  talked to us a journo on the bbc who seemed v sure of his info, said that kane and ???? had clause's in their contract..s to give them  'parity'  so it wouldnt have been just his wages levy had to accomodate.. others contractually were entitled to the same.. so on that it wasnt EVER gonna happen.. what ACTUALLY happened.. your guess is as good as mine.. pr wise us 'sniiffing' at a 'world stage' player did our 'non spending' image no harm..

Amazing how when you read all this info from BBC “journos who seemed v sure of his info” and you “read they said” you believe it, yet when the same sites mention you paying 25-30 million for Sessegnon it’s all just gossip and unconfirmed ???? 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1