Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

78% possession and 1-0 down with Eriksen and Lo Celso on the bench.

Poch has lost the plot here.

Toby and Sanchez lost the plot. One striker to take care of, they both got the wrong side of him and left him unmarked.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

^^ yeah kane thrives on space. I thougbt he looked ,,, ' confined '  no space for him to run into or drop bac into, newcastle were well drilled anf   havin son and lucus  seemed to inhibite/ criwd his game.. son was 2 games out of sync at that level it showed..and lucus... well on anoter day !!! dont think ALL 3 will b startin 2gether much this season. hey this result aint really a surprise.. despite our current points tally we aint really played consistently well for.. !! oh  and  if poch thinks verity aint up to task.. he needs to find a lhs cb cos as eggs are eggs  sanchez can handle life on the rhs JUST on the left he's even more error prone and WILL cost. 

On 8/16/2019 at 3:58 AM, alfieconn said:

Not sure anyone has <deleted> off the boss, neither up to full fitness and other players are so they play, it's not rocket science ????

Blimey. Vertonghen still not fit. Must of been some binge he went on pre season. 

• Haha 1

Terrible performance. 

VAR , I dont have a clue whats going on , looked like a penalty.  

Only comfort right now is we're not the only team struggling early in the season. 

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

78% possession and 1-0 down with Eriksen and Lo Celso on the bench.

Poch has lost the plot here.

I said it after the Villa game, Poch has some thinking to do with 

his starting 11.

So what does he do?

Much of the same and a repeat of the Villa game, apart from this

time not able to come back from a 0-1 deficit.

Every player had too many touches when in possession of the ball

which slowed our game down and made it easy for N/castle to 

defend our attack.

When Eriksen came on, only he started to play 1-2 touch football

which is needed when your trying to break down 2 banks of 4.

I also still don't see what Lamela brings to the team cos he certainly

isn't a playmaker, which is what I think Poch is trying to make him

in the absence of Eriksen. 

Not looking forward to next week after 3 lousy performances.

• Like 1

^^^ i think 'gettin the first goal'was behind poch playin son lucas and kane upfront..prob was when that didnt happen   the bench offered NO strikiin options... leadin that  a fully fit  ali dont think he was for the second part of last season.. tight hamstrings take a lot of managing and lookin at his posture and his injury record he aint doin it  but he is a HUGE miss and in the past  has been our  'key' for unlockin those tight situations

strong defending is arguably the easiest of team formations for managers  to improve and reap  benifits, eg despite our poor prem form  we managed to do to man city wot newcastle did to us.. sayin that all would have been well yesterday if sanchez and rose had sorted their

€¿♡♡it out.. rose has improved his individual defensive game  somewhat  but STILL fails to work well as a unit aka yesterday with 10 ish yrs exp at l/b  for club and country he'd should have spotted sanchez was out of position and covered  quickly  and sanchez .. well he's still young but that leeway can only go so far.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

just a note.. STOP TROLLING ..

please..

On the subject of trolling i will offer you these words from Wilai, which i concur with:

"Wind ups and banter are part of footy. As long as it is friendly enough we try and let things go. Win and you can gloat....lose and you will have to suffer a bit I'm afraid."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can't hide the fact we need the lock picker and no evidence of one in our squad consistently.

Poor overall and not unexpected really yesterday at 0-1.

I'm thinking there's more to it than that, if you listen to Poch's

press conference, his latest comments are that this is the most 

unsettled squad in his time at the club.

Even before the season started he's comments have been shrouding

the club in a cloud of negativity, and you have to ask yourself, is 

he looking for a way out of the club, I'm starting to think this 

could be the beginning of the end for Poch at Spurs.

His comments of late, are definitely not what Spurs fans or the players would be wanting to hear, so why is he doing it?

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

.. but looking back at your revcent posts on here  seems  your sole aim is to annoy or pick holes lookin to spark an arguement.  so I'll ask again politely  stop trolling  or flaming as thai visa call it..

As opposed to what you do on the Arsenal thread ???? 

If you cant take it don't dish it. 

Big game this weekend but with them in “turmoil” you should be able to turn them over. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I'm thinking there's more to it than that, if you listen to Poch's

press conference, his latest comments are that this is the most 

unsettled squad in his time at the club.

Even before the season started he's comments have been shrouding

the club in a cloud of negativity, and you have to ask yourself, is 

he looking for a way out of the club, I'm starting to think this 

could be the beginning of the end for Poch at Spurs.

His comments of late, are definitely not what Spurs fans or the players would be wanting to hear, so why is he doing it?

One could argue he is just carrying on what he was doing last year when the Madrid / United thing didn’t materialise. Almost Mourinho like in some of it. 

You would of thought getting to the CL final may have reset his attitude and followed up with the signings he wanted but he appears on the face of it to be unhappy with certain elements at the club. 

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Christian Erikssen says hello. 

Can’t start with him. He and Vertonghen haven’t finished their stint in the naughty corner yet,.......oops sorry my mistake they are still not fully fit. 

Alli’s a miss. He’s beginning to make Plastic Jack Wi<deleted>e look like Iron Man. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

How can the squad be described as unsettled? men not school boys  

yeah its nonsence.. footballers move all the time its the 'norm' for them.. fans reading and believing the gutter press is the issue. bit like brexit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah its nonsence.. footballers move all the time its the 'norm' for them.. fans reading and believing the gutter press is the issue. bit like brexit.

It's not nonsense when it comes out of Poch's mouth.

If it were just the press saying it, I wouldn't be bothered.