Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

48 minutes ago, champers said:

Harry Kane's play acting was embarrasing; not befitting of an England captain.

Spot on. Rolling around like a big fanny, holding his face when the contact wasn’t even near his face. He wasn’t the only one it’s fair to say but a few more to add to his montage. 

• Like 2

Would have been a different story if Son had scored and we would have been 2-0 up.  Or maybe not.

Not happy with many of the players, Dele Alli looking more like a joke these days. 

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well to those who saw VAR as the saviour of the game I stick up both fingers.

No complaints with a draw there but the stoppages and added on time were simply ridiculous.

It's not VAR that's the problem. The technology is fine, it's the humans operating it that's the problem. We're operating a system totally different to the other EU countries and it's confusing everyone

I think only about 3-4 minutes was added on for normal stoppages (quite normal in every game) the main stoppage was due to the unfortunate injury

• Like 2

This game summed up many things that are wrong in football at the moment.

Players diving with slightest contact trying to get a pen, and trying to get opponents carded.

Both teams were so afraid to loose.

Players forever in the ear of Ref whenever he makes a call.

VAR a total shambles.

Look at the behavior of rugby players with regard to cheating and respect for the Ref. And diving.

• Like 1

I think we would have won it if Son was not sent off.   It was never a red card , just a terrible accident. 

Yes it was a poor game, I'll take 1 point and hope we can turn this around at home in the next game. I don't want this nightmare week after week. 

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

And even though I was supporting Spurs wasn't it clear that the ball ticked off Alli's hand? Isn't that supposed to be a penalty this season? (Or maybe I misread the rule change).

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I thought it was a penalty.

DERMOT SAYS: I expected a penalty to be awarded. In pre-season, the rules stated that if the hand is above the shoulder and it strikes the ball it's a penalty. Alli's hand is above the shoulder, no doubt. What I would say is that Atkinson didn't see it. The VAR thought that because the two players were in close proximity that it wasn't a clear and obvious error by the referee, therefore he didn't award the penalty. I was surprised the penalty wasn't given.