Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

(1) Have it your way Alfie, that City's current problems are ALL down to Fernandinho being either injured (Chelsea) or out (last 2 games), but that's a rather naive view and shows lack of knowledge of City.

(2) YOU raise comments about City, I respond and then you come back with you don't want to talk about it. Sums you up really.  

Read what i said 

Well that's not according to the media

(1) Anyway you more or less said the same yourself ???? ???? ????:1zgarz5:

Fernandinho being out vs Palace and Leicester and injured during the Chelsea game is a major factor in our defensive woes but he doesn't look like he'll be back soon.

(2) I actually said i don't care about Citys predicament as all you wanted to do was waffle on about City when the point of my post was that Spurs have 3 def mids injured and still cope but are said to have a weak squad, City lose a def mid player and lose a few games but their is no mention of a weak squad !

Edited by alfieconn

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Spurs are doing really well. Maybe I'll get to see you being english champions for the first time in my life.

Thank you for the nice words , but I think we should just focus on one game at a time.....

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That's why we are not title challengers.

Our injuries and fatigue told against Wolves and all credit to them they smelled blood and went for the kill.

Onwards and into the cups!

Thats right, we ran out of steam same as we did in the second half when we lost to Arsenal.

Wolves were the better side in the second half and deserved their win.

As usual, the same knob heads have started on about us bottling it!!  Bottled what exactly? What exactly are we supposed to have bottled "halfway" through the season and in the top three?

Funny how whenever any other side lose a game they have simply lost a game but when we lose a game we bottle it.  If so <deleted> tedious.  Poor, cheap shot journalism is more aggravating than the loss!!

Wolves played better and won, plain and simple.  We have had such bad injuries and continue to have seven players out so the manager his forced to overuse players he'd rather rest.  Poch has been working with an 18 man squad most of the season, and still at Wembley.  3rd in the league, last 16 CL, carabao semis......<deleted> OFF Sky Sports and your continuing anti Spurs agenda.  This has been going on since Pochettino took over and longer.  

• Like 1

How often does Eriksen play that deep ? I suppose injuries forced Pochy's hand, but even though Eriksen is a good playmaker from deep, I think he's much more dangerous closer to the action. He's much better in the hole than Alli methinks.

Your lads looked really leggy in the second half. Credit Wolves though. They are a well drilled side. If they could find a quality striker and upgrade their attack they would be a consistent handful.

• Like 1

Just now, jellydog said:

How often does Eriksen play that deep ? I suppose injuries forced Pochy's hand, but even though Eriksen is a good playmaker from deep, I think he's much more dangerous closer to the action. He's much better in the hole than Alli methinks.

Your lads looked really leggy in the second half. Credit Wolves though. They are a well drilled side. If they could find a quality striker and upgrade their attack they would be a consistent handful.

Wolves are a good well drilled unit, a much better side with the very experienced Moutinho pulling the strings.  They've beaten and taken points off the top six clubs.  They deserved it and we paid the price for not wrapping it up after Kane's opener.

As i said earlier, Poch has effectively been working with 18 players due to the hopeless injury situation.  They looked knackered.  yet theres no let up in the fixture schedule, a schedule that in terms of rest between matches has done us no favors whatsoever.  It may sound like i'm complaining and i am because it can all be backed up.  How comes City and Liverpool get over 100 extras hours rest playing there christmas/ new years fixtures than Tottenham does?  Thats just wrong!!!

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Wolves are a good well drilled unit, a much better side with the very experienced Moutinho pulling the strings.  They've beaten and taken points off the top six clubs.  They deserved it and we paid the price for not wrapping it up after Kane's opener.

As i said earlier, Poch has effectively been working with 18 players due to the hopeless injury situation.  They looked knackered.  yet theres no let up in the fixture schedule, a schedule that in terms of rest between matches has done us no favors whatsoever.  It may sound like i'm complaining and i am because it can all be backed up.  How comes City and Liverpool get over 100 extras hours rest playing there christmas/ new years fixtures than Tottenham does?  Thats just wrong!!!

You were on the back foot from the start, it looks like the WC run for your lads has had a significant impact on your season. 

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

You were on the back foot from the start, it looks like the WC run for your lads has had a significant impact on your season. 

It does look that way, doesn't it.  We have a couple of players back in light training which will help but where we really need players back is in the central/defensive midfield area and that's not happening.  I thought Sissoko and Winks looked in need of a good rest and we only really have Oliver Skipp on the bench!!  

I think we just took our foot the gas in the second half plus the fact that we were never going to be able to keep playing to the level we have since the Chelsea game, i'm never one going for the fatigue factor with any team, to be fair Trippier was one of the worst players, constantly giving the ball away and he hasn't played every game and didn't play in mid-week,  mentally fatigued may be !  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

As usual, the same knob heads have started on about us bottling it!!  Bottled what exactly? What exactly are we supposed to have bottled "halfway" through the season and in the top three?

Funny how whenever any other side lose a game they have simply lost a game but when we lose a game we bottle it.  If so <deleted> tedious.  Poor, cheap shot journalism is more aggravating than the loss!!  

I've read quite a few reports this morning and watched the game last night. I haven't seen any journo's mention that you bottled it

1 hour ago, carmine said:

How comes City and Liverpool get over 100 extras hours rest playing there christmas/ new years fixtures than Tottenham does?  Thats just wrong!!!

The week before the xmas schedule Spurs had 8 days between their games to give a good rest. Liverpool had 5 and City had 7. After you play on the 1st Jan you have 12 days till your next match. After Liverpool and City play each other on the 3rd Jan, Liverpool only have 9 days and City 11. It's all swings and roundabouts 

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

After you play on the 1st Jan you have 12 days till your next match

Good, we need that break to recover.  Every team will lose a game during a long, tough season, it was our time now.   

Liverpool will also experience what's it like to lose sooner or later, but I think they will still win the title . 

Edited by balo

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

He wasn't playing that deep and was playing in the position that he has played fairly often lately,  he certainly wasn't the deepest mid player and he still spent more time in the opponents half than in the Spurs half, he was actually playing on the left side of a diamond, can influence the game more in that position and still gets around the penalty box where as Dele is more of a threat as a no.10 and gets in the box more.  

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

The week before the xmas schedule Spurs had 8 days between their games to give a good rest. Liverpool had 5 and City had 7. After you play on the 1st Jan you have 12 days till your next match. After Liverpool and City play each other on the 3rd Jan, Liverpool only have 9 days and City 11. It's all swings and roundabouts 

It would be sad if the league were won dependent upon who copes best with fatigue.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Thats right, we ran out of steam same as we did in the second half when we lost to Arsenal.

Wolves were the better side in the second half and deserved their win.

Wolves played better and won, plain and simple.  We have had such bad injuries and continue to have seven players out so the manager his forced to overuse players he'd rather rest.  Poch has been working with an 18 man squad most of the season, and still at Wembley.  3rd in the league, last 16 CL, carabao semis......<deleted> OFF Sky Sports and your continuing anti Spurs agenda.  This has been going on since Pochettino took over and longer.  

First of all i thought you were having a pop at TV posters but i had a read back and found no bad comments against Spurs in recent times. So who are you referring to exactly Carmine?

Wolves are a very decent team and the table tells you that. They were excellent against us in the 1-1 draw. Read they have a really good record against the top 6. Blips like your game happen to all teams dont they, hasn't happened to liverpool yet though but i expect they'll be a game or two when it just doesn't happen for them. Part of the reason we love football isn't it.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

It happens to all teams in different seasons. Last season we went to Palace away (draw) and then 48 hours later we beat Watford at home during the new year period. NO club should have to play 2 games in 48 hours! We weren't happy about but you just get on with it.

15 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Read what i said 

(1) Anyway you more or less said the same yourself ???? ???? ????:1zgarz5:

(2) I actually said i don't care about Citys predicament as all you wanted to do was waffle on about City when the point of my post was that Spurs have 3 def mids injured and still cope but are said to have a weak squad, City lose a def mid player and lose a few games but their is no mention of a weak squad !

Actually i didnt "more or less said the same yourself". I said Fernandinho being out is a major factor of several factors. You're saying Fernandinho being out is THE factor.

Had Fernandinho played against Palace and Leicester would they not have scored their worldy goals - of course they would of. 

Had Fernandinho played against Palace and Leicester would Delph, Walker and others not made their individual  mistakes which caused us to concede goals - of course they would have.

It's a fact that we would have been a better team and most likely put in a better performance  had Fernandinho played but we lost the game to two worldy goals (Palace 2nd and Leicester winning goal) and individual mistakes.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

First of all i thought you were having a pop at TV posters but i had a read back and found no bad comments against Spurs in recent times. So who are you referring to exactly Carmine?

Wolves are a very decent team and the table tells you that. They were excellent against us in the 1-1 draw. Read they have a really good record against the top 6. Blips like your game happen to all teams dont they, hasn't happened to liverpool yet though but i expect they'll be a game or two when it just doesn't happen for them. Part of the reason we love football isn't it.

Ok can see you were referring to one poster, Rick. Bear in mind that Rick's just feeling bitter about the stick everyone have been giving him for backing Mourinho and ManUs recent woes so is seeking to give some back; he's also been busy on the City thread of late. Can't  be easy supporting the mighty ManU these past 5 or 6 seasons can it so give him a break.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:18 AM, alfieconn said:

Strange that City lose Fernandinho and are in a state of collapse, Spurs lose Wanyama, Dembele and Dier and it's carry on as we are and the general consensus is that Spurs squad is not strong enough !!!

Alfie, funny how one's words can come back to haunt you ...that was quite a carry on last night.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Mixed day for Kane. 

MBE, Great goal, then booked for a dive as if he was auditioning for Swan Lake, followed by the late defeat. 

2-2 draw. 

Went down easy again late on looking for a penalty as well. Still a nice bloke everything being equal.

Kane and Salah trying to perfect penalty getting acrobatics. Salah clearly ahead at this point.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Went down easy again late on looking for a penalty as well. Still a nice bloke everything being equal.

Kane and Salah trying to perfect penalty getting acrobatics. Salah clearly ahead at this point.

I’m with Dyce. Some of the diving recently is laughable. There should be retrospective bans. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

It does look that way, doesn't it.  We have a couple of players back in light training which will help but where we really need players back is in the central/defensive midfield area and that's not happening.  I thought Sissoko and Winks looked in need of a good rest and we only really have Oliver Skipp on the bench!!  

Three players that I don't want to see start on Tuesday's match at Cardiff, Trippier, Davies & Winks.

Trippier was just awful, giving away possession most of the game. 

Winks was running on empty most of the second half

clearly needs a rest.

Davies just isn't enough of a threat going forward, maybe he should convert to becoming a CB.

I want to see KWP, Rose & Skipp start in their place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually i didnt "more or less said the same yourself". I said Fernandinho being out is a major factor of several factors. You're saying Fernandinho being out is THE f????actor.

Had Fernandinho played against Palace and Leicester would they not have scored their worldy goals - of course they would of. 

Had Fernandinho played against Palace and Leicester would Delph, Walker and others not made their individual  mistakes which caused us to concede goals - of course they would have.

It's a fact that we would have been a better team and most likely put in a better performance  had Fernandinho played but we lost the game to two worldy goals (Palace 2nd and Leicester winning goal) and individual mistakes.

Strange that when you quote me you somehow cut out the quote from yourself saying

Fernandinho being out vs Palace and Leicester and injured during the Chelsea game is a major factor in our defensive woes

???? ???? haaa, if Fernandinho had played the whole complexity of the game changes, things that his replacement done he night well have done differently, so the whole game changes, who's to say he wouldn't have been marking the scorers of the two worldy goals, i can't stop laughing ????????:1zgarz5::1zgarz5:

Edited by alfieconn

29 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that when you quote me you somehow cut out the quote from yourself saying

???? ???? haaa, if Fernandinho had played the whole complexity of the game changes, things that his replacement done he night well have done differently, so the whole game changes, who's to say he wouldn't have been marking the scorers of the two worldy goals, i can't stop laughing ????????:1zgarz5::1zgarz5:

Did you even watch the 3 games im talking  about - clearly you didn't. 

Chelsea -

Fernandinho played, we lost.

Palace -

Palace 1st shot on goal. Walker failed to block Schlupps shot, Ederson should have done better with the shot. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't. Individual  errors by Walker and ederson.

Palace 2nd goal. Bernardo  heads out of the box, Townsend scores a worldy. 

How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't.

Palace 3rd goal. Townsend heads against the post, ball goes across the box, walker mistake. Penalty. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't. Individual  error by Walker.

Leicester

1st goal. Danilo in RB position allows vardy to cross to the back stick. Delph lost albrighton. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't. Individual  error by Delph 

2nd goal. Another worldy when Sane does exactly the same as Bernardo. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't.

Summary - Fernandinho was missed in those games but he wouldn't  have affected individual errors or worldy goals. His absense though IS one of the major factors in our recent blip but not the only factor as you were trying to make out. Do you understand yet?

Alfie stick to a subject you know something about, all things Man City you know little about.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Did you even watch the 3 games im talking  about - clearly you didn't. 

Chelsea -

Fernandinho played, we lost.

Palace -

Palace 1st shot on goal. Walker failed to block Schlupps shot, Ederson should have done better with the shot. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't. Individual  errors by Walker and ederson.

Palace 2nd goal. Bernardo  heads out of the box, Townsend scores a worldy. 

How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't.

Palace 3rd goal. Townsend heads against the post, ball goes across the box, walker mistake. Penalty. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't. Individual  error by Walker.

Leicester

1st goal. Danilo in RB position allows vardy to cross to the back stick. Delph lost albrighton. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't. Individual  error by Delph 

2nd goal. Another worldy when Sane does exactly the same as Bernardo. How would  Fernandinho affected the outcome? He wouldn't.

Summary - Fernandinho was missed in those games but he wouldn't  have affected individual errors or worldy goals. His absense though IS one of the major factors in our recent blip but not the only factor as you were trying to make out. Do you understand yet?

Alfie stick to a subject you know something about, all things Man City you know little about.

Your contradicting yourself, this is what you said yesterday 

and injured during the Chelsea game is a major factor in our defensive woes

Ha ha Everyone is saying that you are struggling without him including you, this your post 

Fernandinho being out vs Palace and Leicester and injured during the Chelsea game is a major factor in our defensive woes

and now you are saying that he wouldn't have made any difference ???? you need to make your mind up !

Anyway i'm out of here now but i'm sure the neutrals can make sense of you contradicting yourself ????

Edited by alfieconn

27 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Your contradicting yourself, this is what you said yesterday 

Ha ha Everyone is saying that you are struggling without him including you, this your post 

and now you are saying that he wouldn't have made any difference ???? you need to make your mind up !

Anyway i'm out of here now but i'm sure the neutrals can make sense of you contradicting yourself ????

You don't  seem to understand the difference between:.

Fernandinho being out is major factor, but not the only factor (me),

and,

Fernandinho being out is the only factor (you). 

So carry on with your ignorance Alfie on a subject you know little about, thinking you're right as usual.

Answer honestly: did you even watch those 3 games?

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

During the four christmas games we play City and Liverpool get 100 hours more rest. Fact. BBC sport website.