Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 3/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Possibly the best football book I've ever read...

MY FAVOURITE FOOTBALL BOOK - THE GLORY GAME

https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/my-favourite-football-book-the-glory-game/

Anyone also read it?

Yes. Hunter Davies, who also wrote a great book about the Beatles. One of Bill Nicholson's later seasons in charge, early 70s. It is one of the best footy books about, no doubt.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 1:31 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Very decent writer is Hunter Davies. Just googled and he supports Queen of South, Carlisle and Spurs.

He's a Carlisle lad (from the book IIRC).

There used to be a thread on footy books. Perhaps another one should get started.

I'll reccommend One Hump or Two by Frank Worthington. Not a literary masterpiece but a good fun read and not your usual player biog.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

First Mourinho and now this. Levy working on his ugly legacy.

Hasn't Mourinho been delivering meals on wheels to old dears in Enfield for about a month now? Fair play to him. I wonder if he gets the Young Man treatment (Harry Enfield, ironically, and Paul Whitehouse).

9 hours ago, champers said:

He's a Carlisle lad (from the book IIRC).

There used to be a thread on footy books. Perhaps another one should get started.

I'll reccommend One Hump or Two by Frank Worthington. Not a literary masterpiece but a good fun read and not your usual player biog.

Maybe one of our footie Mods can find it for us and bump it so we can to add to it in these days of no footie.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:01 AM, jellydog said:

First Mourinho and now this. Levy working on his ugly legacy.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

As said elsewhere I am not holding my breath on this....its just appalling.

From reading a report  Loser Levy and Old  Bahamas Joe have put a Furlough on it.s staff . Not surprising at all on their trackform during their tenure

So my question is  ?  how are they going to pay for the

new State of the Art Stadium and players  current  contracts ????

1 hour ago, deej said:

From reading a report  Loser Levy and Old  Bahamas Joe have put a Furlough on it.s staff . Not surprising at all on their trackform during their tenure

Not my concern....I just want to see better players is all.

6 hours ago, deej said:

Spurs have reversed their 'Furlough' plans. All non-playing staff will receive full wages for April and May. Took their rime but the right thing to do.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

Spurs have reversed their 'Furlough' plans. All non-playing staff will receive full wages for April and May. Took their rime but the right thing to do.

A positive development, but it won't be forgotten that Levy had to be shamed into it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If we sign no one in the summer it will be better than what was happening there.

Common sense restored!

Sure that will amuse Mou

No signings????

But

You are ducking and weaving the main question asked

1/ Who is going to pay your new stadium crippling debt which is  closing in to 1 billion quid 

2/And the present contracted players etc etc

3/ Money does.nt grow on trees  u know????

On 4/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, deej said:

Sure that will amuse Mou

No signings????

But

You are ducking and weaving the main question asked

1/ Who is going to pay your new stadium crippling debt which is  closing in to 1 billion quid 

2/And the present contracted players etc etc

3/ Money does.nt grow on trees  u know????

All the below figs are taken from Swiss Ramble

The debt is actually 658M (where did you get the closing in to 1 billion quid from ?)   but what is 342m between friends of which the interest was 26m last season.

They actually have a cash balance of 123m so should cover Players wages etc.

The £87m profit before tax was easily the highest in the Premier League in 2018/19, more than twice as much as the closest challenger #LFC £42m, followed by #MUFC £27m and #WWFC £20m. This is a great achievement, especially as half the clubs in the PL have posted losses.

#THFC 2018/19 profit of £87m is actually the fourth highest ever reported in the Premier League. In fact, Spurs’ prudent business model means that they have been responsible for three of the top five PL profits, including the record £139m in 2017/18 and £80m in 2013/14.

#THFC have been profitable for the last 7 seasons, making an impressive £412m in that period, averaging £59m a year. They made £226m profits in the last two years alone, while the last time they reported a loss was back in 2012 – and that was only £7m.

53 minutes ago, Herewe said:

The debt is actually 658M (where did you get the closing in to 1 billion quid from ?)

Maybe he means the cost of the stadium was 1bn. 

Screenshot from swissramble twater on 8 April refers to cost of stadium and training centre being 1.3bn. 

Screenshot_20200408-173430_Chrome.jpg

28 minutes ago, deej said:

A Sucker is born every minute of each day 

Swiss Rambler ????

Here ya go Mr Accountant, https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/march/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2019/

These investments have been financed by profits made by the Club, advanced sponsorship monies and bank finance, principally from Bank of America Merrill Lynch International, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank plc. At 30 June 2019, the Club had net debt of £534m (2018: £360m).

Subsequent to the year end, our total debt of £637m was converted in September 2019 into a mix of long-term maturities with an average life of 23 years.

• Like 1

^^^ yeah     after right offs  and given the interest rates atm  it'll probably be paying him bac money  to borrow it... and given the potential income from the ground it would be double stupid to pay cash  for it all.. tho I'm sure DEAR dear uncle Joe has it available if push comes to shove.

Perhaps you need reminding

the possibilty which may follow

1/No European places next season approx 40 mil loss

2/A midtable squad to support at best

3/Harry Kane to depart

4/Mou to join Kane another (approx )40 mil pay out

5/A half filled stadium

6/Old Bahamas Joe bail out

no way !!!!   that.s why with Loser Levy he has placed Totts  FC on the #Never Never#  both can walk away with their pockets full and smiling and Totts broke????

Edited by deej

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I love our doomsday scenario poster.

Looking like a 250m quid Amazon investment is next up for us.

Jog on Deej but make sure its not outside....there's a good lad!

Amazon deal 25 mil a year for Stadiums naming rights over 10 yrs

which may plug a tiny hole in Totts  present  financial mess and Help the Post Covid 19 fall out which will come in due course

My call is    if Amazon bought Totts  lock  stock and barrrell  you would have a very good reason to Crow about ???? but you still have Loser Levy and  Old  Bahamas  Joe milking the club????

• Like 1

Plenty of clubs in a worse state than ours to worry about Deej....at the end of this there will be a hard time for many and players moving will be tough as wages offered will defo be less than what they are currently on.

I'd expect a fairly dry transfer window all round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Has Lampard taken a pay cut?

Not a paycut  to this point of time

But 

With his first team squad a sizable donation to the local hospitals and to those who are  experiencing extreme hardship with Covid 19.

Also Chelsea FC made their Millennium Hotel available to NHS workers late last month

Keep them coming????

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Plenty of clubs in a worse state than ours to worry about Deej....at the end of this there will be a hard time for many and players moving will be tough as wages offered will defo be less than what they are currently on.

I'd expect a fairly dry transfer window all round.

IMO some clubs further down the league could be in big trouble. The EPL clubs will be OK.

I think this C-17 virus has brought things sharply into perspective. NHS workers denied a pay rise for years while footballers earn a fortune. There could be changes after this.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Has Lampard taken a pay cut?

25 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

IMO some clubs further down the league could be in big trouble. The EPL clubs will be OK.

I think this C-17 virus has brought things sharply into perspective. NHS workers denied a pay rise for years while footballers earn a fortune. There could be changes after this.

Yes to a degree????   the EPL clubs saddled with massive debts   will face a full blown  financial crisis .Totts are a perfect storm???? The well heeled EPL clubs will adjust accordingly  but remain solvent ????

Edited by deej
  • Like 1