Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

^^ nothing to do with the way Mori set up 2day. ALL of the goals were down to poor individual decisions and/or mistakes by defenders, something these particular players even under poch were guilty of..    and today when we needed a little bit of pace and quality out wide.. our wing bacs...sori but atm  they're not up to task.. aurier deliveries are poor and Davies has no pace... Sanchez CONTINUES to make telling errors and dier..well stick him in front of,  or next to quality CB and yeah maybe he's good enuf to get carried. Same goes for sanchez...   As for the disallowed goal..the ball hit his arm so according to the current rules its no goal.. whether u think the laws poor written .... That's another question..

fair play to sheff ..... From the first mins I could see they were  up 2  pre lockdown speed and WELL up for 2 day.. well organised and didn't stray from the plan. they had few chances.. but those they did have, with the aid of our <deleted> poor defence they took..so cant but say they deserved the 3 points.

Edited by 3 minus 2

Can't see us make top 6,  I hope I'm wrong but deep inside I know I'm not. 
We could go above both Burnley and Sheffield United tonight with a win.

But if we lose again , not only Everton but Newcastle and impressive Southampton are ready to fight for the positions. Surely if that happens Mourinho will be history.  

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm actually hoping we lose every game and Mourinho gets the boot.

Steady on now Ronnie, he is a very successful manager and deserving of respect. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

Can't see us make top 6,  I hope I'm wrong but deep inside I know I'm not. 
We could go above both Burnley and Sheffield United tonight with a win.

But if we lose again , not only Everton but Newcastle and impressive Southampton are ready to fight for the positions. Surely if that happens Mourinho will be history.  

THIS IS NOT mourinhos fault... He's turning out decent formations with pace and attack as a priority...the problem is our back line. Was over the hill last season. This season it's just.. well . Mori has outed Rose and he's is history and . both current wing backs need replacing auriers .. hes just plain dumb  and davies.. he offers little or no pace... Verity quite rightly is benched and Toby has lost a yard. Or 3... Diet or Sanchez off a TOP draw lhs center bac .... then Yeah but as a pairing or off the slowing other options.. won't and never will work.. these are issues poch and levy should have sorted last session ready for this...   I REPEAT this form ain't down to mori.. this is down to levy and a lack of investment... And poch can't escape some blame..imo if  he'd have stuck his foot down.. AS HE SHOULD HAVE DONE  and insisted on defensive investment post champs LGE .. arguably he could well still be with us... As for 2 nite.  A clean sheet and 3 points not to be sneezed at... But if Everton had a little more nouce and quality up front, I've absolutely no doubts  our defence WOULD have conceded..

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

Levy fires Pochy after he gets Spurs to the CL final and hires tired, old ***hole Mourinho. Yes, get rid of Mourinho, but it's also Levy who needs to be replaced.

What absolute tosh.   Pochs team played one amazing half in one game and struck lucky in the other that got us through to the champs lge final .. we were absolutely terrible in the prem and almost everything else  since b4 last xmas and frankly on that alone poch should have been sacked well b4 he was and I'm abso sure if we'd gone out the champs lge b4 we did he would have been gone.. as for levy.. he's taken what was a borderline wreck from sugar . And Built

a world class  stadium and training facity to match and barring this season  finished in the top 4 for 7 out of the last 11 seasons   far from terrible ..  as for transfers and  this squad,   I see a sparkling attacking force thats let down CONSTANTLY by a tired slow ageing defence.. this ain't down to mori   this is down to paying for the stad and Close season  Poch buying/signing  attacking options NOT DEFENSIVE ones that were MUCH and obviously needed  And  bearing v much in Ming funding  only spending  what we can afford and rules permitting ... Simple business.. something some clubs could well do with learning. 

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I enjoyed the Loris V Son spat. The match not so much

Very brave (or stupid) of Loris I thought.....With Son freshly out of combat training in S Korea????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I enjoyed the Loris V Son spat. The match not so much

Yeah, overall it was a poor game.. little or no quality showing.. lucus showed some nice pace and at times Celso showed that he's gonna be a class act.  But baring that.. not a lot . Coleman had his moments.. but nothing really shone for everton.. they looked slow and cumbersome. Though as the 2nd half went on they looked the more likely to score.edit  Oh and Kane needs to step up a gear ... .....Pronto..

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I REPEAT this form ain't down to mori.. this is down to levy and a lack of investment..

This we can agree on, but it's the whole package really.
Let's give him a chance to save the season first. 

57 minutes ago, balo said:

This we can agree on, but it's the whole package really.
Let's give him a chance to save the season first. 

3 parts of the package is 'good' enuf  stadiam training ground and our attack...  the weakness is our defence. AND no matter who comes in they won't be able to give Toby or Verity an extra yard back. which Davies has NEVER had or put a defensive intelligence in auriers head... until those are DIRECTLY replaced Mori will juggle and hope for the best.and against weaker teams we'll get by. But higher order teams rich in pace and or organisation. We will struggle and ultimately  probably lose ..

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

These are winnable games surely....woe is us tonight I fear!!

If you can't beat Bournemouth Spurs ought to throw in the towel. I'd love to see Mourinho lose to them. At least you won't have Dier sleeping in front of his goal.

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

If you can't beat Bournemouth Spurs ought to throw in the towel. I'd love to see Mourinho lose to them. At least you won't have Dier sleeping in front of his goal.

Zero shots on target.

Mourinho out.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Zero shots on target.

Mourinho out.

What has happened?

It’s looked worse than a testimonial game. 

Have they stopped playing for him already?

edit: that’s was a blatant penalty. Poor decision by the ref. 

Edited by Kadilo

Time for Kane to step up... I know he's been out 4a while .. however that's nothin new for him.  b4 he's stepped straight up and made his mark... ,.  This goes on for much longer at some point  there has to be questions asked.. perhaps the injuries are beginning to tell ?  Has to happen sometime...life as a holdin CF in the prem is tuf.. anyways lookin forward to the game.. but optimistic?  Tbh .....Not...but as per norm we  live in hope

55 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Time for Kane to step up... I know he's been out 4a while .. however that's nothin new for him.  b4 he's stepped straight up and made his mark... ,.  This goes on for much longer at some point  there has to be questions asked.. perhaps the injuries are beginning to tell ?  Has to happen sometime...life as a holdin CF in the prem is tuf.. anyways lookin forward to the game.. but optimistic?  Tbh .....Not...but as per norm we  live in hope

Where is his service? It doesn't exist!