Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah it does...   12 mins in v arsenal... And it's NOT just about scorin it's about his around play. 

You support Mourinho and criticize Kane. Not surprising.

58 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You support Mourinho and criticize Kane. Not surprising.

maybe if you wernt such a 'keyboard warrior' you'd actually  know a little more about the game ...rather than regurgitate media <deleted>.  And just a point Ask ronnie.. who was bigging up Kane when NO ONE else was...

29 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

maybe if you wernt such a 'keyboard warrior' you'd actually  know a little more about the game ...rather than regurgitate media <deleted>.  And just a point Ask ronnie.. who was bigging up Kane when NO ONE else was...

LOL, me as a keyboard warrior. At any rate, Spurs with 3 points today. Looks like you'll have Mourinho into next season. Should be interesting.

Better from tottenham.  Barring   auriers  <deleted> up for their  goal a  reasonably sound defensive display. Kane looked better still a way from the expected level.. never wori about strikers missin chances.. worry when they ain't gettin them... however Kane's still not imposing himself on CBS or makin those power runs and his touch and laying off and finishing  is still not up to scratch. and at <deleted> last a decent corner from son for the second and winnin goal .outstanding energy levels from son moussa and sissoko.. with gut busting runs towards the end of a hot and frenetic afternoon.  2-1 a fair result? ...mmmm  probably given arsenal's dominance and attacking intent. A touch harsh.  Saying that courtesy of the truly <deleted> poor arsenal cbs . we had more and better chances arguably we should have had at least one more and last season or the season b4  I would have had money on Kane burying at least 2 of those chances.. but hey ho. 3 points from the gunners... Happy days

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I'm. Watchin walker peters 4 Southampton.  And I'm Thinkin.  Yeah yeah yeah.   

I think he was loaned out with the intention of making a permanent move at the

end of the season.

The Southampton coach seems to be considering that to be a possibility.

I'd prefer to have him back as a contender to play RB for next season and replace

Aurier with an additional new RB.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/hassenhuttl-southampton-tottenham-walker-peters-18578761

Yeah.. i'de  see him as a good option to have..  saw 35 mins of the second half rashford did him once.. and saw a lot of utd play down that side  ,  , which could be a clue,  however 2 me.  he looked well able  to stand up to it and overall looked decent, given aurier IS turning into a liability  and the money theyve been talkin.. 12 ,-15 mil. I reckon it would be a mistake selling him.. however I suppose it'll be down to contract length and there's been talk of our interest in one of their  players ... Hopefully NOT their cbs. Who last night wernt good...

Shame about the Bournemouth bore.. a win there and with . this little run we'd be right amongst the mix.. still always good to see a team turn their form around.. Kane's couple will do him the world of good.. when he got taken of v Newcastle.  He was ABSOLUTELY dead on his feet.... 

Jeez.  71 2 29 % possession in favour of Leicester  13 2 4 corners in Leicester's favour...only thing we 'beat' them on was fouls!!! And of coarse GOALS,  far better today,   son on the left lucas on the right and Kane,  has a REALLY good balance to it and so has  the midfield with winksy slotting in and upping his defensive duties.. le Celso had a quite afternoon.. think the physicality of the prem is takin its toll .can't say Toby looks 100 % hapi at lhs CB.  But he's about the best option we have ATM .. looks like Ming's and Aki will be relegated.. dig deep.. they won't be cheap levy,  but it's needed.. as for the rest nothing changes both wing backs did ok today.. but in truth both could do with up grading.. perhaps walker peters whose looked the part post lockdown and sessignon will step up... Though ... Gut feeling sessignon ain't much of a defender atm...however  we suffered with roses conversion  for long enuf.  So maybe .. who knows... But arguably 2 day was the most crucial game certainly post lockdown and forgetting the champs lge arguably all season.. overall a really satisfying 3 points and performance

Edited by 3 minus 2

No matter the price we  DO NOT NEED another right footed.cb.. we have Sanchez Toby and diet... apparently were in for this guy

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/min-jae-kim/profil/spieler/503482

Unless he something special and Tbh .. can't see it.. Korean footie is ok... But NOT that ok.. yeah I know son blah de blah...but look at his touch and footie intell . let's say he has his moments of  .... Wow..but other times...  Mostly in fact ...He's ... Pretty bulk average,,,, at best..

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/22/tottenham-confident-of-signing-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-from-southampton

Sounds like it's as sure a cert as transfers can be... A holdin middie   not such a terrible signing.  Mori's right we need a decent one.. Tbh  havnt seen much of him.. but a decent enuf pedigree and at 24ish  JUST about enuf time  to step up a notch and ancelloti is no mug.  ..still think we should be lookin for a  decent lhs cb..  but in Jose we trust. ..famous last words.

A good point today. Though it probably, given their form could/should have been more.. however Kane getting bac to his best.. and lucus... Is just ...wow

.. WHAT A FOOTBALLER... Pace to burn great work rate, tenacious.. great skill level.. Jose is certainly gettin the best out of him and I think there's more to come... Our backline is still sloppy. Diet is a RHS player.NOT lhs and at

Crucial  times  aka todays goal and the pogba pen. It shows.  It'll   REALLY be exposed against top 4 or in form clubs. However no one can complain at the ending  of season form. 6th and the Europa lge given everything is a plus.. with a few shrewd signings I cAn see us challenging for top 4 next year... However ... This one could be an outside punt... NO ONE FANCIES playing him and him  off the bench would/could work well and we'll need a few more bodies  to cope with early doors Europa lge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53548057

I'm a little sad that he wasn't given a decent run NO DOUBTS he's a quality footballer.. but NOT atm in joses style...that's life... However i'de be more than open to the swap suggested a left footed centerbac... JUST what the doc orderesd.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/30/tottenham-open-talks-with-inter-over-tanguy-ndombele-sale

23 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We are just poor in midfield and leaking badly at right back....lacking a leader and got capt flaky as our manager.

Huge sighs here...but I don't see green shoots right now.

Post lockdown our form was second in the prem... And joses in the process of shapin the team.. the Southampton holdin middie, if he's good will help.aurier is a liability and I'm sure Jose sees it.. if ndombele goes to inter and we get the lhs CB   we'll b sorted...  The trouble with Jose's defensive style is for eg. We beat Everton with us havin 29 % possession when winning all's well ..but lose and theres no bank of good will built up from amazin entertainment like poch had built up .. so the crowd turn As wot happened to Jose at madrid.....

So we'll c..

23 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We are just poor in midfield and leaking badly at right back.

Kyle Walker has just had an excellent season on the pitch (idiot off it), possibly the best one for us. Very consistent. Just saying.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

yeah well when walker  was with us att  he was an idiot on the pitch as well,   couldn't cross for shhit. Positionally Defensively he was a liability,  frankly the only thing he was good for and it got him out of so many poor situations ALL of his own makin,  was his pace ...and att for us 40 mil was a good deal.. well documented.. I was happy to see the back of him.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Kyle Walker has just had an excellent season on the pitch (idiot off it), possibly the best one for us. Very consistent. Just saying.

Got no interest in morons.

Next.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

Post lockdown our form was second in the prem... And joses in the process of shapin the team.. the Southampton holdin middie, if he's good will help.aurier is a liability and I'm sure Jose sees it.. if ndombele goes to inter and we get the lhs CB   we'll b sorted...  The trouble with Jose's defensive style is for eg. We beat Everton with us havin 29 % possession when winning all's well ..but lose and theres no bank of good will built up from amazin entertainment like poch had built up .. so the crowd turn As wot happened to Jose at madrid.....

So we'll c..

Jury is out on that new signing...need a RB of quality though and Sess to step up a level next season.

Oh and a CB....a striker too if there is 2s 6D left.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

Jury is out on that new signing...need a RB of quality though and Sess to step up a level next season.

Oh and a CB....a striker too if there is 2s 6D left.

Juries out, why you seen him play?  Tbh I trust Jose when it comes to signings.. he's a decent eye for a quality player... Whether they can play or flourish in his system... That's another question entirely... But his system needs a decent holding middie,preferably with a little muscle.  Matics one that suited his style,can handle himself, plays it simple. Stl rarely a wayward pass...strong  in the tackle , Quick feet.. and decent work rate.. if he was 7 years younger.. he'd be perfect for us atm.. oh and I c  the Italian media are now  reporting were in for the Milan lhs cb... HAPI days!!!

Edited by 3 minus 2

Has anyone noticed the length of Joe harts neck.... Saw him on bt the other day co summin up a man city game.. it's Extraordinarily long... Almost freakisk. Had to take a group photo and the 'boss' who insisted on being cenral had similar.. wasn't v hapi when we pointed it out and that it would have to be edited out. but saw 'reason' when we showed him b4 and after and gave him the choice...... Harts is similar... Almost freakish 

Edited by 3 minus 2