Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

TBH, I think a lot of these clubs have got it wrong.

All these top players start of as youngsters, then teenagers, then youths. These clubs need to invest far more in their scouting system. If the lad doesn't cut the mustard then so be it. But! how much scouting can be done for 50m. A lot more than is presently the case.

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

TBH, I think a lot of these clubs have got it wrong.

All these to bep players start of as youngsters, then teenagers, then youths. These clubs need to invest far more in their scouting system. If the lad doesn't cut the mustard then so be it. But! how much scouting can be done for 50m. A lot more than is presently the case.

Yeah. the ONLY. Way your gonna get managers to use more youth is for them to know that doin so won't increase the risk of losin their jobs ... If a manager loses.7 plus  games on the bounce he's GONE .. so given that bedding in a good youngun  involves risk and possibly a few bad results and  there's an option that reduces that  risk.   ie  buying 'proven' talent. If your jobs on the line .  your gonna take the lower  risk  option.. for footballs sake  arguably it's the wrong thing to do,  but I know I would take it and I'm sure 99% of others would if being honest.   Give  managers enuf time and security to try a youngster out  knowin  that it wouldn't put his job at risk / cost him his job, so maybe changing managers ONLY in transfer windows like players... Or better still only pre season.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Joe Hart is set to join Tottenham on a free transfer

His confidence really seemed knocked by Pep who got rid of him because he couldn't use his feet, the funny thing is he then bought Bravo who couldn't use his hands !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 4:10 AM, singasong said:

His confidence really seemed knocked by Pep who got rid of him because he couldn't use his feet, the funny thing is he then bought Bravo who couldn't use his hands !

Yeah... The media have it that he's never really recovered  from pep dropping him... But plenty of keepers  recovered  from a  dropping arguably maybe none quite as high profile as him but hey what ever anyone says or picks holes in his performance  you can't take his medals or caps  away ..  .. last  season the Burnley keeper s shirt was  arguably one if not the most competative shirts to get . they seemed awash with decent  keepers... So maybe  2/3rd choise atm  is  about right for him atm .. though I would have thought that a toppish end championship would have been better ,.  At least he'd play... But who knows what his train of thought is. Elongate his career on the bench?? Money talking?  Prefers the 'top end' training facilities/prem set up?   Who knows. Keepers are a bit of a  Law into themselves ... Vorn for eg always thought he was wasted sitting on the bench for so long a decent enuf keeper could have held a.low end prem spot down,  But from a spurs perspective it's not a thing  terrible to have half way  decent  competetion for the backup keepers spot.. and who knows how the seasons gonna pan out...

So looks like Doherty from wolves@ right bac.. looked ok last season... But then so did the whole of the wolves team.. bit of a break from our norm transfer dealin.. trad wise we buy young, loan them out have them as bac u ect ec when improved use them .  at 28  this guy's should be the 'finished' article.. no denying that aurier needs to go.. hes a defensive liability, fucs up constantly bit like walker when he was with us.. pace gets him out of situs...  Any way ALL that's needed now is a lhs CB .. and we are good to trot.. given our fixture congestion in sept we double need to be..

Edited by 3 minus 2

After beating reading 4.0.  a  dominant possecion based 1.0  win against  birmingham .  well struck v late winner by bergy.. whos lookin a touch leaner than last season... Nothing drawn from this game .. just minutes against a solid defensive unit that Birmingham is, captained by ex Exeter George friend... if he was 6 years younger and him bein a lhs centralish defender he could do a job for us... Anyways no obvious injuries and more minutes .. so hapi days 

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^ not the smartest thing I've seen u post bo. It's a series name  on different clubs  didn't they do one on your club 

Anyway. Nice to see Mori 'playing the game' putting a bit of pressure on levy to get a striker .   King or deeney  either or would do a decent job IMO

Still think we need a.lhs center bac.. though I often wondered why poch never used Davies there... He does ok for wales... HAS to be better than our right footed options..

13 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

deeney not featuring for watford  2nite  probably nothing.......however .....

Looks like he is currently injured, but due to return to training shortly. Yes, for Spurs, any port in a storm. Even that young Zambian player (Patson Daka) from RB Salzburg seems not to be interested.:huh:

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/deeney-deulofeu-gray-watford-injury-4501365

1 hour ago, wilai said:

What happened to Parrott? Thought he was the next big thing?

Just checked. He has been sent on loan to Millwall. Typical Mourinho......sends #2 striker out on loan then whines about having no strikers.!!!????

• Haha 1

The best team won this after ... Can't think of one of our players that put in decent shift let Alone a decent performance ... Flat all around.. 2 decent chances in the 1st half but second half NOTHING.. dont  think we tested Pickford let alone stretched  the back four or closed them down effectively and  at 1.0 Down that's the very least you'd expect.  As for their goal

.....  diet.. <deleted>!!! The word is JUMP,  for someone who profes's 2 b a CB  and an England contender   <deleted> POOR ... overall we didn't show enuf urgency didn't press well   just All-round very poor..

Edited by 3 minus 2

Didn't see the interview but Hapi to see our manager agrees with me.. though he was a little more specific..

Kane still looks around 70 %match fit.. he really could /should  be doing 70,ishmins esp when we're winning. But there's no one on our books that would be reliably effective in that role.. and imo a lhs CB is as big a need as a no 9. Diet. Struggles at RHS cb...... Let alone playin on his wrong side... It's a weakness that needs addressing.. if I can see it im abso sure prem managers paid mils will and WILL exploit it..v v easy to do put a fast right footer on him and at some point he'll be turned   As he was, sadly, for england...

Edited by 3 minus 2

a poor start. not the first time. will come ok in the end. just ok though. fingers crossed for top 6, should be easy. dodgy season though for all teams with restricted income from gates, but will they still spend on new players? spurs should have a good enough team if they can afford to keep the status quo going. fingers crossed. tightly crossed.