Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Well Spurs will be even more of an interesting watch now. I always find myself keeping an eye on whoever Mourinho is coaching, and now with Bale it got even more interesting.

Potentially... and I stress only potentially... you could even be title contenders if this front 3 can stay injury free. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Well Spurs will be even more of an interesting watch now. I always find myself keeping an eye on whoever Mourinho is coaching, and now with Bale it got even more interesting.

Potentially... and I stress only potentially... you could even be title contenders if this front 3 can stay injury free. 

If we get a proper centre half and a backup striker...possibly.

We've got more than enuf proper.center halves just NOT a natural lhsided One. That's down to poch and levy

BIG calls by Jose, Kane on the bench and Hart 2 start

He's right Kane can't start every game .. just madness.. but if we go out it'll just strengthen his case for another CF.  Jose KNOWS how to play the 'game'. .  

Eric l  puts us 1.0 up.. GOOD START..

3.1 it finishes... All good .. but if I were jose in private ide be a little  <deleted> with them... Slow to the second ball  and no closing down for their stunnin leveler.. however this team has to learn how to HAMMER teams when they're on top... They shouldn't have been allowed to get anywhere near a result... We TOTALLY dominated and failed to turn that into a result that reflected that

...anyway on wards and upwards

Seriously what you guys smoking.

Spurs are not contenders even with a top manager and a decent squad. I'm not trying to be argumentative but Spurs will be a team that will perform brilliant and then stutter. The first two games they have played provides the correct par for their course. 

Most likely event is a cup win so not all bad but top 6 will be there about  for them.

Arsenal above them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Spurs are not contenders even with a top manager and a decent squad. I'm not trying to be argumentative but Spurs will be a team that will perform brilliant and then stutter. The first two games they have played provides the correct par for their course. 

Most likely event is a cup win so not all bad but top 6 will be there about  for them.

Arsenal above them.

Your true intent is there in the last line.

Bore off gooner.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Your true intent is there in the last line.

Bore off gooner.

Come on now the scales have tipped this is clear. Spurs have stuttered for a while now. Since the CL final it's gone flat and to mention Spurs as potential contenders is ridiculous. I like Spurs but I'm living in reality.

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

Come on now the scales have tipped this is clear. Spurs have stuttered for a while now. Since the CL final it's gone flat and to mention Spurs as potential contenders is ridiculous. I like Spurs but I'm living in reality.

You need to read properly what I wrote regarding the league title.

I don't see either of those spots filled yet.

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You need to read properly what I wrote regarding the league title.

I don't see either of those spots filled yet.

Even with the reinforcements you mention you will not be there. Too many world class acts and wannabes about. Your team is in rebuild mode. A cup is in sight with Jose on board. Be grateful.

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

Even with the reinforcements you mention you will not be there. Too many world class acts and wannabes about. Your team is in rebuild mode. A cup is in sight with Jose on board. Be grateful.

Can't say that...could be a totally different side this season and for sure we will have a far stronger squad already....can see that just from our bench.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, RickG16 said:

Atm a very very outside chance EXTREMELY slim. don't think our attack is a prob barring Kane and the no 9 issue  plenty of goalscorin options .. but our defence  is error prone and honestly weve not got that mean streak that title winners or contenders have..i'de say we've an Extremely  outside chance of being in the race for the title. Even fourth place, given the level of investment others have made,  would be pushing it but probably More realistic...but even that ide say we're an outside bet........ 

On 9/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jack Hna said:

Arsenal above them.

I think you need to examine what you've been smoking AND STOP . nowhere has anyone of us said we're title contenders... If you want to make comment and be taken anywhere near serious.. though you do your best to make that dificult  at least try and get your facts right.

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Atm a very very outside chance EXTREMELY slim. don't think our attack is a prob barring Kane and the no 9 issue  plenty of goalscorin options .. but our defence  is error prone and honestly weve not got that mean streak that title winners or contenders have..i'de say we've an Extremely  outside chance of being in the race for the title. Even fourth place, given the level of investment others have made,  would be pushing it but probably More realistic...but even that ide say we're an outside bet........ 

One million to  one????

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Honeymoon is over....your mafia boss will demand a title this year and the pressure will murder Franky boy. :stoner:

Judging by the poor decision making with his starting  lineups Think it's already getting to him.. where was his no 2 buddy today.. has he binned him as well?  Fat boy  the wanky  ain't big up on loyalty is he. NO DOUBTS it'll come bac and haunt him..

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Judging by the poor decision making with his starting  lineups Think it's already getting to him.. where was his no 2 buddy today.. has he binned him as well?  Fat boy  the wanky  ain't big up on loyalty is he. NO DOUBTS it'll come bac and haunt him..

Franky is way out of his depth....and it will be obvious by Xmas....gotta love the chavs....a pikey club with dodgy wonga.

Now you have Bale, can you lads see Jose copying LFC's style. Bale on the right, Son on the left a la Salah/Mane with Kane dropping deep to mirror Firmino's role. Those three are good enough. It's more a question of whether the supporting cast are up to it. Anyway, if you do try it. and are successful, you can bet Jose will claim credit as his idea.????

^^Maybe... But kane has many fine attributes that ANY  CF would want  BUT  doesn't quite have the mobility that your man has.... With bale Tbh i'de prefer him down the left OR maybe him  in the firmino role... maybe that could work...  but it'll be interesting to see how Jose handles it.. there are gonna be wiñners and losers.. Ali being on the losing end atm..  

As for 2day.. 1.0 up and we really need a second .. it's written in the f*"*”" in stars 1..0 with 20 to go and on comes Carroll..

Managers and players need to get together via their professional bodies; LMA & PFA; and get these stupid VAR rules sorted out. Their liveliehoods can be directly affected by VAR. Moaning to the media does not work; they all ought to have sussed that by now. The media revel in all the controversy, they love VAR, warts and all.

• Like 1