Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

25 minutes ago, champers said:

Managers and players need to get together via their professional bodies; LMA & PFA; and get these stupid VAR rules sorted out. Their liveliehoods can be directly affected by VAR. Moaning to the media does not work; they all ought to have sussed that by now. The media revel in all the controversy, they love VAR, warts and all.

Getting rid of this asinine handball rule will help immensely. As for the monstrosity that is VAR, I'm afraid we're stuck with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Like it or not Them are the new rules  . What was ridiculous was that we didn't put the Game to bed WAY b4 Carroll came on.. and YET again diet <deleted> up like it or not he's turning into a liability.

Rij...It might spur Levy on to buying another striker....I am trying to be positive.

The new rule is just stupid.

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The new rule is just stupid.

Is it new though? Maybe in the prem but not in europe. In Champs League they've been awarding penalties for the slightest touch (intentional or not) for a good while now.  I agree it's stupid but we seem to be falling in line with europe

Like it or not Them are the new rules  . What was ridiculous was that we didn't put the Game to bed WAY b4 Carroll came on.. and YET again diet <deleted> up like it or not he's turning into a liability.

He’s been Dire for ages,  you was just too blinkered to see it. 

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I see Dias is off to City....bad news that.

Meanwhile where is our new striker??

I suspect, Ronaldinho, that your new striker's name starts with "Gareth". Though maybe Levy will bring in a cheapie from somewhere.

12 hours ago, wilai said:

To be fair Kads I think most on here sussed Dier out a long time ago!

Yeah. The 'only' one that was late to that particular game was our manager when he was at utd...and for sure  it won't last.. cos if we can see it, he will.. aka rose.. once Jose signs a lhs cb... Diet will be WELL down the pecking order behind toby and sanchez and next transfer window PROBABLY on his way.

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is it new though? Maybe in the prem but not in europe. In Champs League they've been awarding penalties for the slightest touch (intentional or not) for a good while now.  I agree it's stupid but we seem to be falling in line with europe

Where do you draw the line...going back to intentional for me leaves to many grey areas .. at least this way its cut and dried.. the only alternative I can think of atm, is if the player has both feet off the ground at it hits his arm  Perhaps then  it could go down to refs and VARs discretion..but even then those grey areas WILL  keep comin up

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Think a move for Josh King might be in order. Not because he's that good, but more down to the fact that style wise he is a poor mans Son. Think he is available as well.

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

This will inevitably lead to players seeking 'hand ball', and penalties. Flicking the ball up deliberately into a defender's hand. Like Van Nisteroy used to do. but he didn't always get the penalty. Now it's nailed on.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, champers said:

Managers and players need to get together via their professional bodies; LMA & PFA; and get these stupid VAR rules sorted out. Their liveliehoods can be directly affected by VAR. Moaning to the media does not work; they all ought to have sussed that by now. The media revel in all the controversy, they love VAR, warts and all.

all very well having a moan., But what's the answer the 'old' way was FAR 2 subjective and left 2 many grey areas... The new way is at least cut and dried ....don't touch the ball or else ...Tbh I'm a fan of neither BUT is there any viable alternative? 

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not really smokes.. we don't need another right footed center bac Sanchez Toby and diet add Doherty who can play there..  were more than covered .what  We need is a left footed one DESPERATLY I did read we were in negs for the Slovakian kid but as per levy is draggin his heels over the price .. but we'll see

I was gonna say This guy sounds perfect however the last time I looked at his

Transfer profile they had him as left footed... Now...... they've changed it to he's right footed.. so...tbh I'm not so keen... However  in Jose we will have to trust.. me Ide wait until a proper lhs CB came availible..Ake was available   and Ming's would have been if villa had gone down.. they are around.. just a touch scarce.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/28/tottenham-refuse-to-give-up-on-inters-milan-skriniar-but-clubs-still-far-apart

Best.partof 3 years left on his contract so he ain't gonna be cheap..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jellydog said:
20 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I suspect, Ronaldinho, that your new striker's name starts with "Gareth". Though maybe Levy will bring in a cheapie from somewhere.

Isn't Bale injured already (again)?

Edited by NanLaew

I was gonna say This guy sounds perfect however the last time I looked at his

Transfer profile they had him as left footed... Now...... they've changed it to he's right footed.. so...tbh I'm not so keen... However  in Jose we will have to trust.. me Ide wait until a proper lhs CB came availible..Ake was available   and Ming's would have been if villa had gone down.. they are around.. just a touch scarce.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/28/tottenham-refuse-to-give-up-on-inters-milan-skriniar-but-clubs-still-far-apart

Best.partof 3 years left on his contract so he ain't gonna be cheap..

Got a feeling there are no legs in this one.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:36 PM, wilai said:

Think a move for Josh King might be in order. Not because he's that good, but more down to the fact that style wise he is a poor mans Son. Think he is available as well.

Think wilson was the small nippy one.. king is more the poor man's Harry kane.. but don't get me wrong king is a really good center forward and , honestly, imo warrants a starting place in the prem.. something I don't think we could give him... But I suppose thats life at the top end of the prem.

Always nice to win a derby esp against the free spending chavs.. first half was all there's barring the goal not really stretching hugo. Second half the reverse... And we nicked it on pens.. which was nice to get a little luck esp' after last  sunday...   plus's our new left bac gets 90 mins.. as did ndembele who'se gonna be an AWSOME midfielder,  strength pace and  touch, looks like at last were gonna have someone to fill dembeles boots. Worries...in a level sprint  Toby getting outpaced by a yard by  giroud who's far from quick ..... still... onto Thursday and  arguably the biggest game of the season... And then it's utd on sunday.. this schedule is INSANE..  only surprised there havnt been more muscle injuries..

Edited by 3 minus 2

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Think wilson was the small nippy one.. king is more the poor man's Harry kane.. but don't get me wrong king is a really good center forward and , honestly, imo warrants a starting place in the prem.. something I don't think we could give him... But I suppose thats life at the top end of the prem.

Naah..... King was the one who used his pace drifting  in from the left like Son does whereas Wilson is an out an out CF and goal hanger (bit like Kane). Both the same height btw.