Renewing extension of stay based on marriage

My extension of stay based on marriage is due to expire 29th of March 2019. 

I thought that the requirement was to have 400K for 2 months before applying. Someone told me that it is actually 3 months. I've been searching for this on Google and many websites are saying 2 months for the renewal, some sites say 3 months. I don't know what to believe.

How soon do I need to topup my account with my extension expiring late March? Can I wait until January or do I need to do it now?

Thank you

• 3 months later...

I have to renew my visa extension in Bangkok based on marriage shortly and I have a list of documents that I think I need (from immigration site with a few documents I added from other sources) although Im still unsure and I would appreciate any help to clarify..

List of documents:

1. Application form TM 7
2. Copy of applicant’s passport
3. Copy of marriage certificate, household registration certificate, kor ror 2 (dated within 6 months)
4. Copy of Thai spouse national ID card, copy of household registration certificate
5. Bank Statement certified by the bank in Thailand on the day of application and a copy of a bankbook showing 400k in bank for 2 months.
6. An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s marital status
7. Kor Ror 2 (dated within 6 months) from ampur in province where married
8. Photos in living room, bedroom, in front of house with house number 

9. Hand drawn map to house not a Google map)

10. 1 x Passport photo (to glue to the application form with those glue sticks similar to those used at school)

I noticed that the immigration website doesn't ask for photos and kor ror 2 dated within 6 months or a map, are these required for extension based on marriage?

I have a small business overseas and also a small business in Thailand with my wife but if I mention the Thai business I assume they will ask for all the additional documents that go along with that also which is just more work to get copies for..

..I have 400,000 baht in an account for 3 months already to be sure although will I be OK to say that I bring money with me from overseas from my business overseas and not mention my Thai business or will I need to mention both? 

I suppose this will depend whether immigration ask if I work in Thailand or not and so should I prepare documents to show the 400k AND to prove that I work in Thailand also t save multiple journeys to immigration? Or should just showing the 400k suffice?

Also it mentions an affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s
marital or status with a Thai national. Do I need to pay a lawyer for this or is there a basic letter/template that is used maybe? 

Any information shared to confirm the above would be appreciated.

Edited by NightSky

5 hours ago, NightSky said:

I have a small business overseas and also a small business in Thailand with my wife but if I mention the Thai business I assume they will ask for all the additional documents that go along with that also which is just more work to get copies for..

..I have 400,000 baht in an account for 3 months already to be sure although will I be OK to say that I bring money with me from overseas from my business overseas and not mention my Thai business or will I need to mention both? 

The will not ask where your 400k baht in the bank came from.

You will need to hold the the 400k baht in the bank during the 30 day under consideration period you will have after your application is accepted that is new requirement at Chaeng Wattana. You will be asked to show your update bank book when you go back to get your one year extensions stamp.

Also it mentions an affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s
marital or status with a Thai national. Do I need to pay a lawyer for this or is there a basic letter/template that is used maybe? 

That will be done at immigration as statement when you submit your application. Your wife will need to complete it and then you both sign it.

I noticed that the immigration website doesn't ask for photos and kor ror 2 dated within 6 months or a map, are these required for extension based on marriage?

The immigration website only lists the requirements shown in the police orders.

Most of the rest is mostly to prove you are living together as husband and wife and other local requirements.

You can look at my general list of paperwork and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
32 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I understand one has to show a bank letter stating an AVERAGE of 40,000/ month.

You have to show monthly transfers into the country from abroad. The rules state you it can be a average of 40k baht over a year. 

What you have to show for the proof depends upon the office you apply at. Some do want a letter from the bank show all of your transfers with confirmation it came from abroad. Others will accept bank statements showing the transfers into the country.

32 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

2 TM 7 forms with 2 sets of everything and 2 photos attached to both forms, ie 4 copies plus the originals- is this correct?

Two TM7 forms with one 4 X 6 photo attached. One from will have any originals you submit plus copies of any other document required and copies all documents attached to the other TM7 form.

I think you are confusing the photos for the forms with those needed of you and your wife in and around the house.

Have a look at this file I attached to a earlier post. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• 2 months later...

For what its worth, this was my list from last year at Samut Prakarn and I was approved on the first visit (no run arounds - I was shocked). This is for renewal of Marriage Visa only. Wife must attend with you. If you want respect, don’t show up in shorts and flip flops. Long trousers, dress shirt recomended. Dress well and act respectfully.

1. Form T.M. 7 - must be filled out in front of officer. Or in ink, not pre-printed and filled in typed
  2. Original passport of the applicant plus signed photocopies x 2 (all stamped pages plus photo page).
  3. Copies of 90 day reporting evidence
  4. (Three) photographs of 4x6 cm. in size.
  5. Original and copy of Marriage Certificate (both sides) between the applicant and Thai spouse. (KorRor.2, KorRor.3, KorRor.22, Certification of confirmation the applicant is single before marriage), updated at the Amphur office
  6. Photocopy of I.D. card of Thai spouse, signed.
  7. Photocopy of Household registration in Bangkok (hers and yours, if you have a yellow book).
  8. 5-6 photographs of a.) All family members b.) Residence (exterior and interior) c.) Routine in Bangkok. Hard copy photos pasted onto A4, not printed from computer. Take photos in front of the front door with address number shown. I live in a condo so I also show photos of us standing in front of the condo building sign. Glue them to A4 pieces of paper.
  9. Map residence of the applicant in Bangkok. Hand drawn, roads written in Thai, not a Google map.
  10. Letter from the Thai Bank which confirms that the money is not less than 400,000 baht in your bank account. Get from the bank on the morning of the immigration trip.  Must be same date as visa application date.  
  11. Original and photocopy of the applicant’s bank book which shows the balance is not less than 400,000 baht and must not dip below 400K over a period of 2 months (3 months is better, just to be sure).
  12. Must go to the ATM on the morning of visa application and withdraw a sum of money and then update the bank book.
  13. Receipt for TM 30 registering foreigners’s address. Obtain this within 24 hours of arriving back in Bangkok (if returning from a trip for instance). I didnt do this last year so I have no idea what will happen this year. Probably just accept the fine.
  14. Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit or temporary stay: sor tor mor 2  (แบบฟอร์ม สตม.2) Hand written.
  15. Acknowledgement of penalties for a Visa overstay. Hand written. (if any)
  16. Questionnaire for married couple. IO provide it for you on the day of application. I always keep a copy from the year before and fill in the same details. Just to be sure.
  17. You will be issued a one month visa and a IO will visit your home within that month to check.
  18. You and your wife take photos together at the Immigration office on their computer.
Edited by apalink_thailand