Recommend Krabi > Lipe ferry or speedboat?

dcnx

We are flying into Krabi and making our way to Koh Lipe. There are several ferry options we’ve found online but I’m unsure if one is better than the other.

I understand all of them route through Koh Lanta first then a speedboat from there to Koh Lipe.

If there is one that’s recommended over the others, we’d greatly appreciate the info. Thanks! 

there is no Speedboat transfer to Ko Lipe from Ko Lanta.  Boat transfers to Ko Lipe are made through Had Yao Pier in Trang which can be reached by speedboat from Ko Mook.  Maybe seasonal speedboat services are up but I doubt it and you have to check into this.  Can you give me the link that describes a speedboat service from Ko Lanta to Ko Lipe? 

6 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

there is no Speedboat transfer to Ko Lipe from Ko Lanta.  Boat transfers to Ko Lipe are made through Had Yao Pier in Trang which can be reached by speedboat from Ko Mook.  Maybe seasonal speedboat services are up but I doubt it and you have to check into this.  Can you give me the link that describes a speedboat service from Ko Lanta to Ko Lipe? 

Yes, I’ll get the link for you. Need to look it back up. It is supposedly a ferry from a pier in Krabi to Koh Lanta, change boats and then take a speed boat (photo looked like a modern ferry) to Koh Lipe. I think total boat time was around 4 hours.

I will come back with some links.

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

It is supposedly a ferry from a pier in Krabi to Koh Lanta, change boats and then take a speed boat (photo looked like a modern ferry) to Koh Lipe. I think total boat time was around 4 hours.

this makes more sense.  You will probably have to change boats twice in order to reach Ko Lipe starting out of Krabi. Probably Krabi-Ko Lanta-Ko Mook-Ko Lipe.  Could take a bit longer than 4 hours altogether as you will have to count the time at the pier one usually waits before the boats launch. It will be more like 8 hours of a trip. Check the distances between the islands on a map. Make sure you got plenty of sunblock!  I Suggest you see a tour agent in Krabi and get it sorted from them

Archived