Looking for UK food imorter

greenmonkey

Okay so I have a certain food product I would like to import and sell in Thailand. My understanding is that importing food into Thailand is extremely difficult and requires a lot of know-how and mountains of paperwork  (plus an import license if importing food). So my mission is to find a company that already does this and to see if I can consolidate my goods with theirs (which I will most likely pay a premium for but is fine by me). So my question is... does anyone know of any companies that import food stuff from the UK??? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Take a look at some imported products, especially from the UK. Then look at the back of that product and it usually has a sticker on the packaging with the name of the importer. Google that importer and send them a message.

My only "concern" would be that these are companies and work for profit.

1) Their license may not allow to resell to a private person ( I am not sure of this by all means...just a guess/thought )

2) They may like your idea and import it and resell it to stores themselves.

2 hours ago, NiwPix said:

Take a look at some imported products, especially from the UK. Then look at the back of that product and it usually has a sticker on the packaging with the name of the importer. Google that importer and send them a message.

My only "concern" would be that these are companies and work for profit.

1) Their license may not allow to resell to a private person ( I am not sure of this by all means...just a guess/thought )

2) They may like your idea and import it and resell it to stores themselves.

Good idea - I will try that next time I am in the supermarket!

Re:- 2) I had considered this point but believe the product is quite niche and not something that can be commercially 'rolled out' - although I will still be cautious!

Thanks for the reply!

Archived