Free table tennis at SuperSports

thailien8

There is a good table set up in a great place to play, inside the SuperSports store in the big Central Festival Mall.

Air-conditioned, good lighting, high ceiling, netting all around, free.

Ideal table tennis conditions.  

I am looking for some partners to hit with.

Yes I saw the table tennis at Central. Seems to be only free for the staff working in the store to use as whenever I went there they are playing it against each other, especially the Tomboy looking one. Not for the general public to use.

I used to like playing table tennis in the past but had nobody to play against and nowhere to play now.

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Yes I saw the table tennis at Central. Seems to be only free for the staff working in the store to use as whenever I went there they are playing it against each other, especially the Tomboy looking one. Not for the general public to use.

I used to like playing table tennis in the past but had nobody to play against and nowhere to play now.

bbi1, not true.  The table is available for use by anyone.  I have played there 3 times in the past week, with 3 friends, for at least an hour each time.  No problems.  Once I bought 3 new balls to use.

When the table was set up last year we played on it about 10 times, even hitting a few minutes with two employees.  

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Last time i looked there was one at decathlon to play, i doubt you're meant to play for too long

scuba, there are two tables set up for anyone to use, with paddles/rackets/bats to try out.  It's a popular venue afternoons so I like to play mornings.  No time limit.  Problem is that chasing the ball is inconvenient as it can roll far and hide in tricky places.

SuperSports' contained arena is much better.

7 hours ago, thailien8 said:

bbi1, not true.  The table is available for use by anyone.  I have played there 3 times in the past week, with 3 friends, for at least an hour each time.  No problems.  Once I bought 3 new balls to use.

When the table was set up last year we played on it about 10 times, even hitting a few minutes with two employees.  

Did you have to kick out (politely ask) the staff if you can have a hit to get them off the tables? 

56 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Did you have to kick out (politely ask) the staff if you can have a hit to get them off the tables? 

No need for that, the table has been available every time I have been there.  We try to play early;  opening time is 1100.  I think the staff play later in the evening.  They would likely welcome you to hit with them.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:06 PM, thailien8 said:

No need for that, the table has been available every time I have been there.  We try to play early;  opening time is 1100.  I think the staff play later in the evening.  They would likely welcome you to hit with them.

Free table tennis also inside Decathlon in North Pattaya .  I have seen plenty of kids and adults playing there . 

On 12/7/2018 at 10:12 AM, alien365 said:

With them having a nice place to play do they also sell a decent selection of rubbers at competitive prices? I'm already happy with my blade but I'm working through the tibhar rubbers at the moment

www.pingponghouse.com is a good option for that

There is now a sign up near the table in SuperSports announcing that a table tennis tournament will be held there this coming Sunday 16 December at 1700, registration from 1500-1600.  No entry fee is mentioned.  500 baht voucher for the winner and a "premium gift" for the runner-up.  This could be a first for Pattaya.

Kudos to SuperSports for holding their table tennis tournament on Sunday afternoon.  There were eight participants, all farangs.  I had been hoping that some Thais might show up to play, but no.  Format was a race to two games, single elimination, so it went quickly.  Both finalists were over 60 years old.  Quite a few spectators were watching from outside the arena, much clapping and cheering.  Good fun!  Sure hope they do it again.

12 minutes ago, thailien8 said:

Kudos to SuperSports for holding their table tennis tournament on Sunday afternoon.  There were eight participants, all farangs.  I had been hoping that some Thais might show up to play, but no.  Format was a race to two games, single elimination, so it went quickly.  Both finalists were over 60 years old.  Quite a few spectators were watching from outside the arena, much clapping and cheering.  Good fun!  Sure hope they do it again.

I guess it wasn't advertised that well to the locals otherwise you should have had plenty of school kids and teenagers. The kids here have a lot of talent and it's great to see them develop. I'll never forget losing to a 12year old at Tang Hua Seng (BKK) when I first came here 10years ago and I used to play north Middlesex and central London league at the time too.

1 hour ago, thailien8 said:

Were those 8 farang participants any good? Probably put some Chinese against them and they'd get their ass kicked lol

Good opportunity for you to sign those guys up for a potential club. What was the standard like?

Archived