• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ukrules said:

image.png.c605e8e539afdb17d087534148d1016f.png

image.png.e7d68bc3bface03604466f3ca99bd9db.png

Not everything is about the UK, note the direction of USD/THB

The Baht continues to strengthen.

You are looking at too short a timeframe. Look at a graph over the whole of 2018 and you get a more meaningful picture.

The pound has dropped 5.24% against the THB since mid-July. The dollar has dropped only 1.88% over the same time period.

Right now the pound is at the lowest point all year. Next week's vote in Parliament is very likely to result in rejection of May's Brexit proposals, leading to greater uncertainty. I believe this outcome is already factored into the forex market. If Parliament approves her plan, expect the pound to strengthen.

The expats have been paying for Boris, Gove and Faranatangs lies since day 1 it wont be until the rest of the country starts paying a similar price that anything changes if its not to late. meantime the millionaires seam to be doing ok in this face shooting debacle???? 

Prior to the referendum being announced, a renegotiation took place in Feb 2015 and the GBP climbed to B55/1GBP after the referendum the GBP fell to B42.5/1GBP (>-30%). Brexiteers told me not to worry as it would recover within 3 weeks! 2 years later it am still losing 22% to 30% of my pension compared with 2015. If there is a hard Brexit I will be losing another 25% due to the predicted fall in the value of the GBP by the B.O.E. and another 10% if there is a soft Brexit.

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

The expats have been paying for Boris, Gove and Faranatangs lies since day 1 it wont be until the rest of the country starts paying a similar price that anything changes if its not to late. meantime the millionaires seam to be doing ok in this face shooting debacle???? 

To be fair, if the UK had gone into a no deal brexit straight after the referendum then the pound would have probably been on the up by now ! 

Just now, UnkleGoooose said:

And you are failing to look at the Thai baht strengthening against most currencies over the last two years.

No. I am very well aware of that. My point was that the pound has weakened considerably more against the baht than the dollar against the baht, reasons relating to uncertainty about the British economy due to protracted Brexit negotiations.

Mid July 2018:

USD 33.45

GBP 44.07

Today:

USD 32.82

GBP 41.76

Source: x-rates.com

Re' the 3 part question from Mr. soistalker:

"Why is THAT woman still prime minister? Why is a Muslim/Muslim apologist the mayor of London? Why is Birmingham a Muslim slum?"

Perhaps a viable answer to the middle bit (no.2 of 3) of your question is that when Mayoral elections were announced 'Khan's lot' saw this as an opportunity to get 'their man' IN!

Despite 'Khan's lot' being in a minority it is the greatest number of votes that ultimately counts.

Dunno is it was raining on that day but it would appear that the local indigenous population did not share the same enthusiasm for this 'unimportant' London Mayoral vote as 'our lot' had a much lesser vote tally. He was elected in a Democratic process, I am afraid.

Perhaps the BritainFirst org can muster the troops and have us shake off our apathy?

But why bother? Sweden will be first to have a democratically elected Prime Minister followed by Belgium followed by ,,,,,

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Who or what is Faranatang?

3 hours ago, soistalker said:

Why is THAT woman still prime minister? Why is a Muslim/Muslim apologist the mayor of London? Why is Birmingham a Muslim slum?

Surely you are not blaming Theresa May and her policy of continued mass immigration for UK's woes? You ain't seen nothing yet!

Mother Theresa has apparently already signed up to the UN's egregious new global refugee compact, which will pressurise developed Western nations to throw down the welcome mat to untold millions of impoverished, ill-educated Third World migrants from incompatible cultures.

She has obviously forgotten or doesn't care that reducing immigration to acceptable levels was one of the main planks of the succesful Brexit campaign which saw a majority of her fellow citizens vote to reject the EU and its "open door" immigration policy.

If Brits want to save their economy as well as their traditional values and way of life, they must immediately start agitating to make Mother Theresa follow the example of the US, Australia and other nations and withdraw from this crazy globalist plan before it is officially launched on December 18.

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

Why is THAT woman still prime minister? Why is a Muslim/Muslim apologist the mayor of London? Why is Birmingham a Muslim slum?

Why you ask, I will tell you ,It won't happen overnight but it will happen they are taking over the world.

1 minute ago, CH1961 said:

Still live my Swiss Franc's ????

chart (1).png

I'm happy for you and your Swiss Francs... Switzerland is a beautiful country.  I've visited it a few times.

How would you describe the cost of living there?      Could you afford to go back and live there if you so chose?

Archived