£ = 41.55 Superrich!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi
Does anyone know how much the pound will drop if this brexit deal is voted out? its just that we're going to Thailand in January and I'm thinking of changing spending money now before it drops below 40 or something. or should i just wait because the rate is always a little better in Thailand? i usually just take sterling with me.

Nobody knows!!!!!!! Either way change your money in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/6/2018 at 3:50 AM, ukrules said:

image.png.c605e8e539afdb17d087534148d1016f.png

image.png.e7d68bc3bface03604466f3ca99bd9db.png

Not everything is about the UK, note the direction of USD/THB

The Baht continues to strengthen.

The strength of the baht continues to baffle me but on the whole when I came here 5 years ago the dollar was bouncing between 30 and 31 so for me a little better over the years.

I fear for sterling by the end of Tuesday if Mays' proposal gets voted down and strongly rejected (which most sources are saying will happen) . Support and resistance levels don't really mean too much with GBP/THB as it's already at longtime all time lows, more bearing on how cable holds as to what will happen with the GBP/THB rate. If cable (GBP/USD) breaks the 1.266 mark then it will go freefall and down a lot more and GBP/THB would be moving to 41. if it can hold by the end of Tuesday then I expect a bounce back to mid 42.5 levels before Xmas. Now it's coming up to Christmas so less orders from the banks and is a quiet time generally in forex markets so really it's just Brexit uncertainty news which will be affecting sterling.

I fear for sterling by the end of Tuesday if Mays' proposal gets voted down and strongly rejected (which most sources are saying will happen) . Support and resistance levels don't really mean too much with GBP/THB as it's already at longtime all time lows, more bearing on how cable holds as to what will happen with the GBP/THB rate. If cable (GBP/USD) breaks the 1.266 mark then it will go freefall and down a lot more and GBP/THB would be moving to 41. if it can hold by the end of Tuesday then I expect a bounce back to mid 42.5 levels before Xmas. Now it's coming up to Christmas so less orders from the banks and is a quiet time generally in forex markets so really it's just Brexit uncertainty news which will be affecting sterling.

So you mean to say that if it gets stronger it will go up, and if it gets weaker it will go down?

You buying or selling?

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

So you mean to say that if it gets stronger it will go up, and if it gets weaker it will go down?

You buying or selling?

Do you find reading and comprehension hard?

I'm saying if 1.266 on cable isnt broken and that major support at that level can hold then I expect a bounce back from cable and  GBP/THB to go to around 42.5 before Xmas . If 1.266 on cable is broken, then I except sterling in general to drop a lot and would be looking at 41 to GBP/THB

I work as a trader for Citi in Singapore and have been trading Forex markets since I was 22 for Citi so I have a bit more knowledge than the standard Pattaya expert on the financial markets and just merely giving my thoughts on the situation . 

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

British...the greatest nation on the planet...soon to be even greater after brexit..a geezer down spoonies told me so..soon be 75 again

Well us Brits do have history that may have moved things on. I mean, the planet wants to converse in English, the worlds time clock starts in Greenwich, London..As for the Baht, who knows, seems many are suffering if they reside in LOS..

British...the greatest nation on the planet...soon to be even greater after brexit..a geezer down spoonies told me so..soon be 75 again
Well you got the first part right ,for a small island stuck right out of the way we certainly did big things , far more than any other nation before us .

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm saying if 1.266 on cable isnt broken and that major support at that level can hold then I expect a bounce back from cable and  GBP/THB to go to around 42.5 before Xmas . If 1.266 on cable is broken, then I except sterling in general to drop a lot and would be looking at 41 to GBP/THB

I work as a trader for Citi in Singapore and have been trading Forex markets since I was 22 for Citi so I have a bit more knowledge than the standard Pattaya expert on the financial markets and just merely giving my thoughts on the situation . 

If you don’t know, just say you don’t know, don’t blame me.

Well us Brits do have history that may have moved things on. I mean, the planet wants to converse in English, the worlds time clock starts in Greenwich, London..As for the Baht, who knows, seems many are suffering if they reside in LOS..

And what country has not benefited from British colonization?

1 hour ago, hello55060 said:

So which do you expect?  42.5 or 41?  Simple question.  I expect the pound to drop 20 points if a meteor hits London but having said that I would not use it as an excuse that I didn't know what the pound was going to do.  If you don't know just say so. 

32 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

So which do you expect?  42.5 or 41?  Simple question.  I expect the pound to drop 20 points if a meteor hits London but having said that I would not use it as an excuse that I didn't know what the pound was going to do.  If you don't know just say so. 

As I said in my original post "If Mays proposal gets rejected on Tuesday" then I expect the market to react and people will be shorting sterling immediately, which will cause a drop. Which on cable if it breaks the 1.266 mark which looks likely as it's already dropped 40 pips in the last 2 hours then I think sterling will drop a lot more a little freefall thus GBP/THB 41 would be incoming soon. If it can hold above the 1.266 mark I think sterling will bounce back and go back to 1.28 1.29 meaning 42.5. Everything on the gbp / usd 4 hour, 1 day, 1 week is showing a downtrend, without even talking about brexit uncertainty into account. If if somehow holds 1.266 then I excpect sterling to bounce back as I said so I can't give you my opinion right this second on it because it's sitting at 1.272 and the brexit vote is Tuesday.

My original post in the thread " I fear for sterling by the end of Tuesday if Mays' proposal gets voted down and strongly rejected (which most sources are saying will happen) . Support and resistance levels don't really mean too much with GBP/THB as it's already at longtime all time lows, more bearing on how cable holds as to what will happen with the GBP/THB rate. If cable (GBP/USD) breaks the 1.266 mark then it will go freefall and down a lot more and GBP/THB would be moving to 41. if it can hold by the end of Tuesday then I expect a bounce back to mid 42.5 levels before Xmas. Now it's coming up to Christmas so less orders from the banks and is a quiet time generally in forex markets so really it's just Brexit uncertainty news which will be affecting sterling."

As I said in my original post "If Mays proposal gets rejected on Tuesday" then I expect the market to react and people will be shorting sterling immediately, which will cause a drop. Which on cable if it breaks the 1.266 mark which looks likely as it's already dropped 40 pips in the last 2 hours then I think sterling will drop a lot more a little freefall thus GBP/THB 41 would be incoming soon. If it can hold above the 1.266 mark I think sterling will bounce back and go back to 1.28 1.29 meaning 42.5. Everything on the gbp / usd 4 hour, 1 day, 1 week is showing a downtrend, without even talking about brexit uncertainty into account. If if somehow holds 1.266 then I excpect sterling to bounce back as I said so I can't give you my opinion right this second on it because it's sitting at 1.272 and the brexit vote is Tuesday.

So buy, sell or hold?

Just now, hello55060 said:

You answered a several questions.  1.  Do you know which way the Brexit vote will go?  You don't know.  Will it break the 1.266 mark?  You don't know.  3.  Is sterling going up or down?  You don't know.  

Normally I charge to interpret Twitlingua but I'll give you this one for free.  

The guy above just asked a simple question Up or Down, not a lot of ifs.  Anyone can do that because you have said nothing actionable.  

Why not say you don't know?  You don't do you?  

I don't have my crystal ball handy right now, but if you can keep it in your pants till after the vote tomorrow, then you can go on what my post said ????

Why are you getting your panties in a twist about it? if you have any knowledge of forex markets, then you would know sometimes you have to wait until major support and resistance levels are tested before knowing which the market will move which is what I've been trying to say.

Sorry If I made anyone upset by my posts, in hindsight I should have posted my original post just before the vote, as I didn't realise how sensitive people were to people opinions and how needy they were about immediate answers. I never told anyone to buy/sell. I just said to wait until the vote and there's a much clearer indication on the shorter term future to sterling till the Xmas period 

Archived