Line will remove my friends etc if.........

cheeryble

Hi

I've been happily using Line on my new iPad mini since I bought it a few weeks ago.

actually the missus bought it for me and it came with most stuff working OK just like my last one which was past it's sell by.

I have just tried to add a Line contact by phone number.

I got this (have blotted out some personal data)

IMG_6146.thumb.jpg.b5eeca11b1e7d0b88c69a6449810abc4.jpg

SO I entered my number and was told a code would be sent and to enter it.

When I did this I got the next page

IMG_6147.thumb.jpg.a45dc2e8f9fb97aabc91a6a16cbcc36a.jpg

Presuming my friends list is the people I regularly Line, obviously I don't want to lose them and I declined.

I think maybe it noting that I'm using a new device.

Other than that........what should I do to add this and other new contacts?

thanks!

You can only run Line on one device at a time..your contact/friend list  should copy across automagically  but I think you have to manually save  "conversation  content" if you want to keep records of past conversations.

2 hours ago, johng said:

You can only run Line on one device at a time..your contact/friend list  should copy across automagically  but I think you have to manually save  "conversation  content" if you want to keep records of past conversations.

If you have an ipad you can run Line on that aswell as the first device (or at least you used to be able to) .

My suggestion is to register phone number on primary device and then login to ipad after and you should be able to search then.

Also look in the settings and Line can backup chat messages to google, you can then restore them on new device if necessary.

I run Line on my Phone & PC. I am not sure if it is possible to run on two mobile devices.

Can I use the same LINE account from multiple devices?
We are sorry to say that you cannot access a single account from multiple devices using the app version of LINE. However we do have a PC version of LINE (details follow).

Please note, you cannot use the same account on 2 or more smartphones. Also, for tablets and smartphones, if you have the LINE APP installed on each device, you cannot use the same LINE account for both the LINE apps.
You can only verify one smartphone per mobile phone number/email address.

Please click title for full article

How do I back up my chats?
You can back up your chats by selecting Backup Chat History from each chat room.

When you back up your chat history, backup files will automatically be created on the SD card or on your device. Before backing up your chat history, make sure you have enough free space on the SD card and your device.

To back up your chat history, please follow the steps below:

Please click title for full article

Here is a work around for having 2 LINE accounts on one phone, but it was limited to phones that have dual SIM cards

On 11/29/2018 at 11:46 AM, SooKee said:

Using the Android Dual Messenger function you can have two LINE accounts tied to different numbers on many dual SIM phones.

Posted using Tapatalk

I've changed my phone twice during the time I've had the same Line account.

I'm sure that, both times, I downloaded the line app then (I think) logged in using my email address and all my contacts and history was automatically put on my new phone. 

Not remembering what I'd done the first time, the second time I tried logging in using my phone number and got the 'all data will be lost' message so declined that and logged in using my email address. Every contact was saved.

More recently I've installed Line on my PC. Trying to use my phone number I got a message saying I could only make a new account using the phone number.

Next, I logged on by copying the QR code to my phone. My account was there on the PC, including contacts and data, but I had to log in again using the QR code every time I turned the PC on, even though I'd selected automatically log on in settings.

Lastly, I logged on using my email address and got all data etc on the PC app and it now logs on automatically every time I switch my laptop on.

Archived