90 day reporting resets after traveling abroad?

Hi,

I have to do my 90 day reporting on the 31st of December, but I just recently travelled abroad for 2 weeks and re-entered Thailand at Suvarnabhumi on the 3rd. Am I correct that this means my 90 day reporting period is reset and counts from the 3rd of December?

I work in Thailand and have a non-B visa and work permit – none of which are expiring till Q3 next year.

1 minute ago, Carib said:

You are correct, the date of entry is day nr 1 for the 90 days count.

Thanks a lot for clarifying this. I have been trying to find an "official" source for this information, but that's easier said than done in LoS of course. However, if anybody does have a link to some official information regarding this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Just now, Justin Side said:

If you have a Non Imm B Visa you do not have to make 90 day reports.

You have to leave the country every 90 days.

Okay. That's not how it has worked for me for the past 3 years...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, plop243 said:

I have been trying to find an "official" source for this information, but that's easier said than done in LoS of course. However, if anybody does have a link to some official information regarding this, I would greatly appreciate it.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country which means if you leave on or before the 90th day you do not need to a report and your first report is due 90 days from the date you enter the country.

The title of the TM47 form for the report states what it is for.

image.png.b3c1147fd4026adf084304b7803a2be1.png

6 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

If you have a Non Imm B Visa you do not have to make 90 day reports.

You have to leave the country every 90 days.

7 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

You clearly do not have a Non Imm B Visa then.

If they don’t have a non ‘B’ visa they wouldn’t qualify for the permit granting them a 1/2 extension of stay!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, plop243 said:

Okay. That's not how it has worked for me for the past 3 years...

You apparently have an extension of stay (not a visa) based upon working issued by immigration that allows you to stay in the country longer than 90 days.

• Like 1

But you will have to report again anyway at your immigration office asap, after returning from abroad. I never did before, but recently I was told by the IO I have to, every time I return after I have left the country. And then indeed your count will start at day 1.

Edited by Krabi King

13 minutes ago, plop243 said:

Thanks a lot for clarifying this. I have been trying to find an "official" source for this information, but that's easier said than done in LoS of course. However, if anybody does have a link to some official information regarding this, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

This links to an old immigration website where it’s confirmed;

If the foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case”

The immigration law is clear that you only need to report your address if staying longer than 90 days. Every ‘stay’ starts the day you enter even when your being given the remainder of a previously authorised stay.

Immigration Act, Section 37

“5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days.” [snip]

8 minutes ago, Krabi King said:

But you will have to report again anyway at your immigration office asap, after returning from abroad. I never did before, but recently I was told by the IO I have to, every time I return after I have left the country. And then indeed your count will start at day 1.

That is not entirely correct.

Not every office requires you to report after going abroad.

And if you do need to report it does not reset the 90 day count on the day you report, but the day you entered.

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

That is not entirely correct.

Not every office requires you to report after going abroad.

And if you do need to report it does not reset the 90 day count on the day you report, but the day you entered.

Of course, the 1st day is the day you entered.

But this IO was telling me I have to report after coming back... Again, I never did in the last 6 years. I just recounted my own 90 days...never had a problem. Only the last time I got told this... 

7 minutes ago, Krabi King said:

But this IO was telling me I have to report after coming back... Again, I never did in the last 6 years. I just recounted my own 90 days...never had a problem. Only the last time I got told this... 

I think he meant you need to do TM30 report of your presence at the place you are staying which has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I think he meant you need to do TM30 report of your presence at the place you are staying which has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

Yes, that's correct. And then the IO changes my existing 90 day report slip with a new one with new date. So that would answer the OP's question too ????

14 hours ago, Krabi King said:

Are we mixing 90 day reporting and TM30 submital here?

Despite some agents recommending you do a report on return if your date occurred while you are out of the country, Jomtiem do not deem it necessary and accept the resetting of the 90 days.