Brit and Canadian arrested after police bust HUGE cannabis oil operation in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

While there is some evidence that fasting might aid the efficiency of chemotherapy, there is none that suggests that fasting alone can kill cancer cells.

second study of mice showed that a bimonthly fasting-mimicking diet reduced the incidence of cancer. Results were similar in a pilot trial by the same scientists with 19 humans; it showed decreased biomarkers and risk factors for cancer. 

In a 2016 study, research showed that a combination of fasting and chemotherapy slowed the progression of breast cancer and skin cancer. The combined treatment methods caused the body to produce higher levels of common lymphoid progenitor cells (CLPs) and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. CLPs are the precursor cells to lymphocytes, which are white blood cells that migrate into a tumor and are known for killing tumors.

“The mouse study on skin and breast cancers is the first study to show that a diet that mimics fasting may activate the immune system and expose the cancer cells to the immune system,” Longo said. “This could be a very inexpensive way to make a wide range of cancer cells more vulnerable to an attack by the immune cells while also making the cancer more sensitive to the chemotherapy.”

Fasting 12-18 or so hours a day is really beneficial either way. I'm a firm supporter of the legalisation of cannabis, both medically speaking and recreationally, but the use of medical cannabis on cancer cells is also not a concrete closed case argument. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Greyhat said:

Serious question ..why do it here? WHY?!

Thailand as a paradise lure many a farang into committing crimes they would never had thought to commit in their own country. Seeing lawless countryside and weak enforcement enticed them to make some pocket money for the regular visitation to go go bars...  

51 minutes ago, hobz said:

Hope cannabis gets fully legalized worldwide. Then maybe these excellent police officers could be tasked with finding real criminals.. like catching all the hit-n-runners on Thai roads for example.

They might even go further than that. The U.S. state of Oregon will be putting the question of legalizing Magic Mushrooms to the voters. 

Isn’t that wonderful ?

What will be next? Maybe legalize regular cocaine? Crack would be too extreme. But regular powdered cocaine? Who knows?

3 hours ago, waders123 said:

The real story isn't out yet.  I view this as nothing but attention grabbing news sensationalism. 

A man with credentials of a doctor, from Canada,  a country which is legal to make cannabis oil, comes to Thailand, with two other fellows, and sets up an illegal cannabis oil refinery to import cannabis resin to refine into oil and then ship it out of country!?!  They are not even selling it in Thailand!!  This doesn't make sense.  You would do it in a country that allows this sort of thing.  What's the angle?  Cheaper labor??  I don't think so.  I am betting there is certainly a very different version to this story.  I am curious how the story will change as time goes by.

Maybe the criminals find it convenient to manufacture and spend the proceeds in the nightlife in one place. And if caught , maybe buy their way out of the mess knowing it is the usual way criminals got off... 

It was probably just for personal use.

Seems like the Brits are running a muck.  Tv stars with their tits out in public, vandals spraying sacred walls in Chiang mai, families brawling in Hua Hin, drunken drivers in speeding mercs mowing down and killing the locals in Phuket, Hua Hin and chiangrai, boiler room scammers in BKK swindling people out of their life savings, stealing from 7 11s in Pattaya, refusing to pay bar bills in Kao san and Pattaya, fake rape claims on the islands, pedos sodomizing children all over the country, insurance scammers, masked kidnapper gangs, and counterfeiters passing off fake money to locals. 

At this rate the Thais will have to build another prison just for the Brits.

I think it is time they pulled their heads in, they are making us all look bad.

Keep copy and pasting the same crap, use a bit more imagination.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This operation was huge. Does prove that older doesn`t necessarily mean wiser.

I`m guessing that why these men chose Thailand to conduct their criminal activities is because they are already known or wanted in other countries. Wouldn`t surprise me if their IDs, passports and names they are using here are fake, which is very easy to do in Thailand.

Doubt those guys will ever see the light of day again, they`ll probably die in prison. Good riddance.

The CIA are able to distribute all over the world. They are the leading experts and they never get caught.

Soon this will all be legal as the world is changing rapidly and we dont need this kind of mollycoddling by the authorities. If they do the job we pay them to and stop all the traffic violations then people would be happier. I have never seen problems with people who have taken cannibas if taken sensibly. It was taken by cultures for millinia and only now are people dying from possessing it, being shot by the police or imprisoned or hanged. How dare the authorities take another human beings life for an act that is totally their own choice and well established that it is benign.

They kill 14 year old youngsters now for not having a helmet, and that seems ok by everyone? Not me! It's too much power in the hands of the most corrupt in our society. 

4 hours ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

second study of mice showed that a bimonthly fasting-mimicking diet reduced the incidence of cancer. Results were similar in a pilot trial by the same scientists with 19 humans; it showed decreased biomarkers and risk factors for cancer. 

In a 2016 study, research showed that a combination of fasting and chemotherapy slowed the progression of breast cancer and skin cancer. The combined treatment methods caused the body to produce higher levels of common lymphoid progenitor cells (CLPs) and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. CLPs are the precursor cells to lymphocytes, which are white blood cells that migrate into a tumor and are known for killing tumors.

“The mouse study on skin and breast cancers is the first study to show that a diet that mimics fasting may activate the immune system and expose the cancer cells to the immune system,” Longo said. “This could be a very inexpensive way to make a wide range of cancer cells more vulnerable to an attack by the immune cells while also making the cancer more sensitive to the chemotherapy.”

Fasting 12-18 or so hours a day is really beneficial either way. I'm a firm supporter of the legalisation of cannabis, both medically speaking and recreationally, but the use of medical cannabis on cancer cells is also not a concrete closed case argument. 

Two studies that did not even attempt to demonstrate whether cancer cells were killed by fasting, any particular reason you posted them?

On 12/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, KhunProletariat said:

Aren't the RTP supposed to be relaxing laws on marijuana soon? 

I read somewhere that they were thinking about legalizing it. Or was that a dream?

ill uncination .  exscuse my spelling , kap.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:27 PM, BestB said:

Canabbis oil helps cure cancer by killing cancer cells is what I read sometime ago. 

Not only that. Apparently it helps with reducing pain too I read somewhere. Government wants you to suffer pain so they don't legalize it. They enjoy watching you die in pain that's what I believe. All governments do.

Guest Jerry787

notice the western foreign man with a police jacket, when the Thai police man with blue jacket talk to the arrested farang.

21 hours ago, Catoni said:

They might even go further than that. The U.S. state of Oregon will be putting the question of legalizing Magic Mushrooms to the voters. 

Isn’t that wonderful ?

What will be next? Maybe legalize regular cocaine? Crack would be too extreme. But regular powdered cocaine? Who knows?

There's some arguments to be made for legalizing everything... The main argument is that the war on drugs doesn't work and just makes everything worse.

Sure, crack and heroin ruins so many lives.. but if they were legal at least we could spend the money on harm reduction instead of law enforcement.. the law enforcement seems to have no effect and is just a huge black hole of wasted money and resources.

In Portugal small amounts of heroin and crack etc are allowed and this has for some reason been successful in terms of all types of statistics. Use is down. Overdose deaths are down. Crime is down. HIV is down.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

So if you hate drugs and want drug use to go down, then you should look into Portugal as an example.

On 12/6/2018 at 5:20 PM, snoop1130 said:

Joseph Toole, 67, who allegedly trained workers and performed quality control, was nabbed in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district. Canadian investor David Kulik, 65, was apprehended in Chon Buri’s Muang district,

Yes Pattaya's finest men .  They are all here. 

On 12/6/2018 at 5:05 PM, Greyhat said:

Serious question ..why do it here? WHY?!

Laotian Flower Tops, and Mountain Red Rock, has some of the highest concentration of Tetrahydrocannabinol according to High Times Magazine it costs about $250 an ounce in San Francisco Height & Ashbury where all the true heads live..............just saying.

19 hours ago, hobz said:

There's some arguments to be made for legalizing everything... The main argument is that the war on drugs doesn't work and just makes everything worse.

Sure, crack and heroin ruins so many lives.. but if they were legal at least we could spend the money on harm reduction instead of law enforcement.. the law enforcement seems to have no effect and is just a huge black hole of wasted money and resources.

In Portugal small amounts of heroin and crack etc are allowed and this has for some reason been successful in terms of all types of statistics. Use is down. Overdose deaths are down. Crime is down. HIV is down.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

So if you hate drugs and want drug use to go down, then you should look into Portugal as an example.

Might be a good idea. Legalize it all and let adults have whatever drugs they like, and they will use a lot less drugs. Sounds like common sense and a good idea. 

16 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Laotian Flower Tops, and Mountain Red Rock, has some of the highest concentration of Tetrahydrocannabinol according to High Times Magazine it costs about $250 an ounce in San Francisco Height & Ashbury where all the true heads live..............just saying.

Whatever happened to our good ‘ole Acapulco Gold weed and Blonde Lebanese hash from the late 1960’s and ‘70’s?

5 hours ago, Catoni said:

Might be a good idea. Legalize it all and let adults have whatever drugs they like, and they will use a lot less drugs. Sounds like common sense and a good idea. 

I like that you think it sounds like common sense. Personally I think it sounds wrong. Like, it seems like making drugs illegal would bring use down. But clearly it's not. Good thing we have Portugal as example.

Archived