Brit and Canadian arrested after police bust HUGE cannabis oil operation in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

The real story isn't out yet.  I view this as nothing but attention grabbing news sensationalism. 

A man with credentials of a doctor, from Canada,  a country which is legal to make cannabis oil, comes to Thailand, with two other fellows, and sets up an illegal cannabis oil refinery to import cannabis resin to refine into oil and then ship it out of country!?!  They are not even selling it in Thailand!!  This doesn't make sense.  You would do it in a country that allows this sort of thing.  What's the angle?  Cheaper labor??  I don't think so.  I am betting there is certainly a very different version to this story.  I am curious how the story will change as time goes by.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, waders123 said:

The real story isn't out yet.  I view this as nothing but attention grabbing news sensationalism. 

A man with credentials of a doctor, from Canada,  a country which is legal to make cannabis oil, comes to Thailand, with two other fellows, and sets up an illegal cannabis oil refinery to import cannabis resin to refine into oil and then ship it out of country!?!  They are not even selling it in Thailand!!  This doesn't make sense.  You would do it in a country that allows this sort of thing.  What's the angle?  Cheaper labor??  I don't think so.  I am betting there is certainly a very different version to this story.  I am curious how the story will change as time goes by.

I thought the Doc is from England! 

15 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

It was probably just for personal use.

Seems like the Brits are running a muck.  Tv stars with their tits out in public, vandals spraying sacred walls in Chiang mai, families brawling in Hua Hin, drunken drivers in speeding mercs mowing down and killing the locals in Phuket, Hua Hin and chiangrai, boiler room scammers in BKK swindling people out of their life savings, stealing from 7 11s in Pattaya, refusing to pay bar bills in Kao san and Pattaya, fake rape claims on the islands, pedos sodomizing children all over the country, insurance scammers, masked kidnapper gangs, and counterfeiters passing off fake money to locals. 

At this rate the Thais will have to build another prison just for the Brits.

I think it is time they pulled their heads in, they are making us all look bad.

What a ridiculous, over-egged statement - I take it you read The Sun and the Daily Mail.

16 hours ago, Greyhat said:

Serious question ..why do it here? WHY?!

Regional production / growers.. yet larger shipping traffic / options / routes... 

The bigger part of the 'why here' question is the is it economic here, production in morocco is over saturated and a lack of demand due to European soft legalisation, growers club legalisation in Spain, legalisation in Portugal, etc has caused a market glut. Prices of refined oils and 'double zero' standard product has crashed in the last 4 or 5 years. 

Combine all this with ease of access to grow light equipment and advancements in strains / cuttings / seeds.. A tolerance to smaller grow ops etc and the competition for the customer has never been higher (or better) depending on your view). Not much else they can do with the outdoor quality weed produced in asia / developing world. just doesnt stack up compared to the enthusiast cottage industry grow room quality. 

And the cops here got 70kg. With 5,000 Kg having gone already. Would have been a huge bust if they had caught the earlier shipment then, rather than the leftovers.
For a 3 eyed Raven your fairly blind. The article states the Belgium shipment was intercepted, leading authorities back to the Thai warehouse.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Catoni said:
  If the BiBs want....they can sell the weed and hash and oil to Canada and make some money.  It's legal in Canada now thanks to weed smoking Canadian Prime Minister "Jihadi" Justin Trudeau.  As long as you're 18..(19 in a few provinces) you can legally buy cannabis.  They sell about forty varieties.. most of them very very high in THC levels...... a few lower in THC and higher in CBD. 
   Here's a chance for the Thai police to make some extra money....

Leave your xenophobic Jihadi crap at the border if you ever visit Canada. You have no clue.

Weed is legal now in Canada. Also legal in many states in America. In Vegas they have weed shops with drive thru service that is open 24 hours. Mexico also just legalized.

Sell the oil to Canada? Haha. Is that how you think these things work? Our marijuana industry is one of the most regulated in the nation. Quality control is number one. Our products are made in government-approved facilities and labs under the watchful eye of big brother.

These guys are drug dealers, drawn to the world of drug production by one thing. MONEY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Canabbis oil helps cure cancer by killing cancer cells is what I read sometime ago. 

That was probably the same site where they sell snake oil too.

Actually, cannabis oil (with the THC) is useful for dealing with the worst of the side-effects of chemotherapy.

9 minutes ago, eng911 said:

Leave your xenophobic Jihadi crap at the border if you ever visit Canada. You have no clue.

Weed is legal now in Canada. Also legal in many states in America. In Vegas they have weed shops with drive thru service that is open 24 hours. Mexico also just legalized.

Sell the oil to Canada? Haha. Is that how you think these things work? Our marijuana industry is one of the most regulated in the nation. Quality control is number one. Our products are made in government-approved facilities and labs under the watchful eye of big brother.

These guys are drug dealers, drawn to the world of drug production by one thing. MONEY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You posted:  "Leave your xenophobic Jihadi crap at the border if you ever visit Canada. You have no clue."

Nope... not xenophobic...Nothing wrong with calling pretty boy, daddy's millions, part time high school drama teacherJihadi Justin Trudeau what he is..  What else do you call a moron who rewards I.E.D. bomb builder and killer Islamic extremist Omar Kahder with $10.5 million of taxpayer dollars... and Trudeau never even called wife of the soldier he blinded in one eye.. and the widow and kids of the U.S. soldier he murdered to say "sorry"?

What do you call a moron who goes to pray at not just regular Islamic mosques... but also extremist Wahabi mosques ? ?   What do you call a Prime Minister who admires China's "basic dictatorship" ?

I call him Jihadi Justin Trudeau...  You can call him a "nice guy" if you like.. 

By the way...don't worry about me "visiting Canada".... I'm a born and bred taxpaying voting Canadian... I've got the right and freedom to call Trudeau anything I like...  whether you like it or not.

Trudeau at prayer:  

image.png.e9b7ec8e43d2de86a1cbad6a170e7be9.png

image.png.3790c97f846a26d098bf52a9757edd97.png

2 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

I thought the Doc is from England! 

Cannabis oil is legal in England, so whether the doctor is from England or Canada I don't see the reason behind using a country that has laws against this sort of thing and export in to another country for market.  Something is wrong with this story. 

17 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

And the cops here got 70kg. With 5,000 Kg having gone already. Would have been a huge bust if they had caught the earlier shipment then, rather than the leftovers.

Maybe not the huge bust as you would have liked, but maybe it will get bigger as some of the shipments could be tracked to other destinations?

Just saying.... sometimes rather than storm in and bust a few, follow the trail & bust them all.

Archived