update of bank passbook for retirement visa on the date of submission of application

Hi guys,

On the info sheet for retirement visa it says in the documentation requirement section, that you have to provide "the updated bank passbook on the date of submission of application...". Is this strictly enforced ? I mean the day you're planning to submit the application, do you have to go to the bank first to update the passbook ? That would delay you to get into the queue system.Are there any banks in the Government Complex where you can do that ? Can you do that in an ATM without having to wait for the bank to open ?

Thanks in advance for your replies

You will get varied advice. Also depends which imm office. My first ever, I did my bank letter the day before. Next day the io asked me to show activity THAT DAY. (I had deposited 100baht on day of letter)

Fortunately I had my Thai partner with me and she ran off and deposited 100b. So recently I went to CW few weeks ago to do my 7th extension. I had form all filled out etc. Walked straight past all the folk filling in forms to desk for ticket. She looked at my extension form and gave me que ticket. I then went to bank. All banks in building at bkk. Was in and out in few minutes. Lady even knew I needed activity. Easy. 

By the way I  was still there after lunch break. Allow a day. Oh you didn't state where your doing extension. Important.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will get varied advice. Also depends which imm office. My first ever, I did my bank letter the day before. Next day the io asked me to show activity THAT DAY. (I had deposited 100baht on day of letter)

Fortunately I had my Thai partner with me and she ran off and deposited 100b. So recently I went to CW few weeks ago to do my 7th extension. I had form all filled out etc. Walked straight past all the folk filling in forms to desk for ticket. She looked at my extension form and gave me que ticket. I then went to bank. All banks in building at bkk. Was in and out in few minutes. Lady even knew I needed activity. Easy. 

By the way I  was still there after lunch break. Allow a day. Oh you didn't state where your doing extension. Important.

I will do it at Chaeng Wattana. My bank is Bangkok Bank

Edited by Sam8521

6 hours ago, Sam8521 said:

In that case, I suggest repeat what I did above. Download your tm7 form have all your "stuff" together. Go straight past where people que up for forms etc, walk inside and get your ticket. Walk out of that area to foyer go upstairs. Find your bank and get your bank letter. 200baht for service and 100 deposit. They will give you photocopy of last page of your passport. You need to bring copies of and other pages to cover the 2 months period and front page with account details. Back to the immigration and wait for your number.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

I do my letter and update the book on my way to immigration, this year I will even withdraw a few hundred baht from the ATM first, so there is even a current update!

I don't know where you are located OP but for Jomtiem I see no point being at the back of the early morning queue. Nor do I like standing out in the sun.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

you know of course that soon the Thai banks will charge for bank book processing.  Remember many years ago in the USA when Bank of America announced it was going to charge $4 for any counter transaction that was not a basic deposit or withdrawal, or it may have even included that!

51 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

you know of course that soon the Thai banks will charge for bank book processing.  Remember many years ago in the USA when Bank of America announced it was going to charge $4 for any counter transaction that was not a basic deposit or withdrawal, or it may have even included that!

The banks are certainly threatening to charge us for cash obtained at ATM's and their branches, but I didn't get the impression from the following thread that this extended to sticking passbooks into updating machines (whether by us or tellers) to boot:-

Edited by OJAS
  • Sad 1

The last 2 years I have had to deposit money whilst I've been at CW. (I do that after I get a queue number).

This year she wanted a copy of the bank book showing the deposit AND a signed, detailed statement from the bank as well as the normal letter (stating B800k had been in there for 90 days).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

The last 2 years I have had to deposit money whilst I've been at CW. (I do that after I get a queue number).

This year she wanted a copy of the bank book showing the deposit AND a signed, detailed statement from the bank as well as the normal letter (stating B800k had been in there for 90 days).

can you get this signed detailed statement from every branch or you have to go to the branch where you keep your account ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:

Strewth, talk about making it up as they go along!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sam8521 said:

Bangkok Bank can do a book update without doing a transaction (deposit/withdrawal).

You have to go to the counter for that. And I am quite certain that every branch can do that.

Advantage is, that there is no difference between bank letter and (updated) balance.

Not all banks can do.

Unfortunately Chaeng Wattana seems to be nitpicking about "same day update", not the case at my office.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:

what is this detailed statement?  i have the retirement extension, 800k for 90 days in a fixed account.  there is no activity.  no additional deposits, no withdrawals.  might be some interest depending on the term and timing, otherwise just two lines with the same balance.

money goes in at least 95 days before i plan to submit, get a 100 baht guarantee letter and update the bankbook when bank opens at 8:30. 

**latest renewal oct 2018 at CW**

Edited by ChouDoufu

19 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

what is this detailed statement?  i have the retirement extension, 800k for 90 days in a fixed account.  there is no activity.  no additional deposits, no withdrawals.  might be some interest depending on the term and timing, otherwise just two lines with the same balance.

That detailed statement is the what comes together with the bank letter that showed proof of your 800K.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:25 PM, ChouDoufu said:

money goes in at least 95 days before i plan to submit, get a 100 baht guarantee letter and update the bankbook when bank opens at 8:30. 

**latest renewal oct 2018 at CW**

It's just a list of the ins and out over the 3 months period. Start at B1m (or thereabouts) and goes down as I use money, but not below B800k.

It was just one page, on K Bank headed paper, signed and stamped by the bank. The lady who looked after me at Kasikorn suggested it was now normal for them to attach this to the letter???