selling gold

Hi, I was in Buriram yesterday and while doing some shopping in Robinsons I thought I might sell some gold bars that I bought in patts about 5 or 6 years ago, I was a bit surprised by the amount of commission the gold shop was asking, I tried another shop but got the same answer, has anyone sold any recently and knows what the average charge would be per 1 baht of gold bar,

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ancharee said:

I was a bit surprised by the amount of commission the gold shop was asking

What commission? They have the daily prices for buy/sell at the front door. It  differs about 100baht per1baht of gold. If they want more, name and shame them ( written in thai and with photos of the shop) on Fb. Should get their attention.

3 hours ago, ancharee said:

Hi, I was in Buriram yesterday and while doing some shopping in Robinsons I thought I might sell some gold bars that I bought in patts about 5 or 6 years ago, I was a bit surprised by the amount of commission the gold shop was asking, I tried another shop but got the same answer, has anyone sold any recently and knows what the average charge would be per 1 baht of gold bar,

Thanks.

They didn't ask for commission. just offered a lower than standard price for the gold as they didn't have a relationship with the shop that sold the gold originally.

To get the standard price that is on the windows of every gold shop sell it back to the place you bought it or a shop that has an assosiation with them

if you have 1 Baht bars you may have difficulties, otherwise you get the price in the windows, assuming no damage to the bars, so no charge.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I've sold gold bars but unless you say how much how can anyone compare.

I have asked if you are selling gold bar how much does the shop take, the price in the window was 19,200 but that is not what the shop offered me so I assume they are taking a commission for buying the gold, but if it's more help to you I was selling 15 baht, so if you have sold gold bars before at that time I guess you checked the price online before going to a shop, so did you get the full price or did the shop take a cut.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They didn't ask for commission. just offered a lower than standard price for the gold as they didn't have a relationship with the shop that sold the gold originally.

To get the standard price that is on the windows of every gold shop sell it back to the place you bought it or a shop that has an assosiation with them

if you have 1 Baht bars you may have difficulties, otherwise you get the price in the windows, assuming no damage to the bars, so no charge.

Thanks

4 hours ago, ancharee said:

I have asked if you are selling gold bar how much does the shop take, the price in the window was 19,200 but that is not what the shop offered me so I assume they are taking a commission for buying the gold, but if it's more help to you I was selling 15 baht, so if you have sold gold bars before at that time I guess you checked the price online before going to a shop, so did you get the full price or did the shop take a cut.

Every time we sold gold we got the price in the window, they have 2 buying and selling,

if you want to check check the price then https://www.thairath.co.th/home has it both jewellery and bars as well as petrol prices

IMG_5978.PNG

its always best to go back to the original shop you bought it at. Or if its a chain of shops operating around the country. They should be paying it off you at buy back price without any commission.  its always good to buy gold from the bigger dealers such as Ausiris, Aurora. They are very clear about their selling and buy back price. Standard commission you pay when you buy are as follow: THB250 for 1 gram, THB200 for 1 Saleang(0.25 Baht), THB200-THB200 for 2 Saleang(0.50 Baht), THB250-THB400 for 1 Baht (15.244grams). Difference between bullion buying and selling prices seem to remain at 100 baht margin. This are for gold bullion/bar which is standard from that shop. If there are special limited edition designs then more commission. But they always buy back at gold buy back price set by the Thai Gold Association which is linked to global gold prices. Jewelry sold at much higher commission and making charges and bought at lower prices compared to bullion prices.  

Archived