Pattaya to add more motorcycle taxis in January

Rimmer

Pattaya to add more motorcycle taxis in January

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya will add to its large stable of motorcycle taxis when registration opens again Jan. 1.

Banglamung Deputy District Chief Pichet Thammahol said Chonburi Province ordered another registration period in late September. The idea is to give more people a chance to earn a living wage by becoming legal drivers.

Registration will continue through March 31 with applications to be made at police stations. Applicants must bring their public-motorcycle license, bike registration and ownership documents or a contract showing the bike has been leased to them.

Police will inspect and certify new drivers by the end of March, paying special attention when new motorcycle stations are set up so they do not overlap the boundary of another base.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-07

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Just what Pattaya needs....any chance more songthaew,s will be licenced also.......:whistling:

On a serious note, it would be nice if they had more songtaews after midnight until 7am. Sometimes have to wait around for them for quite a bit of time.

Not difficult to find ''qualified drivers'' three questions !) Do you have a scooter. 2) Can you sit or stand in the middle of the foot path blocking pedestriansfor hours.3) can you clap your hands loudly to attract attention...if you answered yes to all 3 YOUR HIRED!

There's no where to park a tourists Motor bike on Beach rd NOW ?????? True bike taxi driver ask for 200B for 100M ride. My mate give him 100B, turn his Back, Guy hit in head with brass knuckles, out cold, blood everywhere woke up in the hospital 5 stichs june 2017, no BIB...........

Living in Pattaya and observing their behaviors, I can only say that motoscooter taxis are like four wheeled taxis; unregulated, unlawful and and an organized group of thugs supported by an impotent administration. 

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

On a serious note, it would be nice if they had more songtaews after midnight until 7am. Sometimes have to wait around for them for quite a bit of time.

They are parked at a few locations waiting to be filled up, which may take a while as it gets later. Try a motorbike taxi.

Just what Pattaya needs more Mafia Taxi riders standing around on footpaths loudly clapping their hands to attract attention, you morons if I want a taxi I will let you know I am not a dog that needs to be clapped or whistled at F#####g grow up. 

11 hours ago, Benmart said:

unregulated, unlawful and and an organized group of thugs supported by an impotent administration.

What an excellent summation of Pattaya's traffic problems.  How can taximeterless taxis flout the law of the land without police connivance?  Who is the 'group of thugs'?  Where is this 'impotent administration'?  Send answers on a postcard to soi 9.

12 hours ago, usacb500biker said:

There's no where to park a tourists Motor bike on Beach rd NOW ?????? True bike taxi driver ask for 200B for 100M ride. My mate give him 100B, turn his Back, Guy hit in head with brass knuckles, out cold, blood everywhere woke up in the hospital 5 stichs june 2017, no BIB...........

Have you been to Pattaya yet?

23 minutes ago, madmen said:

Top of peak season at Central festival.. 200 baht to soi Buakhao.

My advice is to walk , it's only 10 minutes away . 

Walking is good for you. 

My advice is to walk , it's only 10 minutes away . 
Walking is good for you. 

I do 40 mins on the gym bike every morning. Walking barely gets the heart rate up. But still I never gives bike guys a single baht. Just need to walk to a connecting baht bus but oddly it's easy from soi bukaho to central but getting back there is no direct route

Archived