Pattaya neglecting newly rebuilt beach

Rimmer

Pattaya neglecting newly rebuilt beach

image.png

PATTAYA:--Tourists are complaining that all the money and effort Pattaya has expended to rebuild its beach is being wasted through neglected maintenance.

Numerous visitors told reporters about weeds, moss and water-filled gouges running through the northernmost part of the beach near the Dusit Thani Hotel.

The low-lying beach suffers constant inundation from storm runoff flowing across Beach Road. The water has cut grooves in the newly replaced sand and wild grass and moss has grown there.

In addition, tourists complained, there are uncollected bags of garbage also growing mold.

Tourists pointed out that Pattaya has spent more than a half-billion baht to repair its beach, but won’t spend the relatively little money to keep it looking beautiful.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-07

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly tourists don't seem to understand that there's always another half a billion of taxpayers' money available for a new beach repair contract. And plenty of instant expert contractors. No need for maintenance when a mayor's cuzzie is waiting in the wings. 

Pattaya hasn't spent half a billion baht on the beach.the funds were allocated but most went to Mercedes.looking at the picture it looks like a good breeding ground for mozzies,flies and bacteria.the people responsible should be sacked,investigated,named and shamed.thailand is falling apart from ignorance,greed and corruption as usual and it isn't going to get better.how the hell can you spend the equivalent of £12 million pounds on a beach and end up with a swamp is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

From everything I've seen over the past 10 years here, Thai simply do not believe in, understand the concept of "preventative maintenance".  They build something, or do something, and think it will simply stay that way all on it's own forever. 

Blame the education system. Or lack of it.

"Tourists are complaining that all the money and effort Pattaya has expended to rebuild its beach is being wasted through neglected maintenance."

People need to understand that it is never about solving a problem and keeping it solved. It's about who gets the money. If anything good comes from "the money and effort" it may be considered an unexpected coincidence.

I is just a money making machine for those who are involved in the project....so leave it as they are in need of the millions for their pockets and give a shit on the taxpayers and bloody blaming tourists

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Pattaya hasn't spent half a billion baht on the beach.the funds were allocated but most went to Mercedes.looking at the picture it looks like a good breeding ground for mozzies,flies and bacteria.the people responsible should be sacked,investigated,named and shamed.thailand is falling apart from ignorance,greed and corruption as usual and it isn't going to get better.how the hell can you spend the equivalent of £12 million pounds on a beach and end up with a swamp is beyond me.

Mozzies?

Really?

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

the way pattaya and Thailand is going, I am surprised they have not completely concreted the beach yet

Good idea. They could call it "Walking Beach" and line the high ground with even more bars and brothels and strip clubs 24/7 for the families who like to enjoy walking by the seaside. 

That same corner still had sewage run-off when the North End beach reclamation was completed a few weeks ago. This same corner had sewage flowing into the sea some 30+ years ago on my first visits to Pattaya. Don't go expecting problems to get fixed quickly here! 

this is very clever plan designed by beaurocrats.

"invest" millions if baht.  More than half of it is gone to the pockets anyway. Now nature will cover up any proofs  of money missing and new money can be assigned for new project.

Repeat and repeat and repeat.

And somebody is getting  richer and richer.

And stupid touristc come to the world class resort

Enjoy it

53 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Mozzies?

Really?

Yes where you find sewage run off and pools of stagnant water,uncollected garbage and mould growing you will find mozzies believe it or not.did you read the report or just bored with life and needing to hit the keyboard.

2 hours ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

Why is everyone so negative. I drive past along beach road every day and the wider sections look fantastic. 

Clowns like "Happie Chappie" making comments "looking at the picture" ... Happie Chappie, what's it actually like on the beach please? 

I don't go to any beaches because I have a 100sqm pristine pool and jacuzzi thanks.the report wasn't on about the wider fantastic sections you drive by,it was about the run off of filthy water from the beach road and uncollected garbage  and mould.yes and I am commenting on the picture because that is what is in the report.i suggest you remove your blinkers as they don't suit a donkey.oh and by the way if the local government had paid 50,000b you could expect this in the picture but we are talking about 500,000,000 baht.

2 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Blame the education system. Or lack of it.

Nothing  wrong with the education system... why build something once when it can be rebuilt numerous times thus multiple kick-backs !!

Thais are wiser than we give them credit for !!

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Thai engineering for all the world to see? Remember that historically thailand is never conquered by western foreign powers so no trickle down technological transfer. Only homegrown engineering . 

Thai engineering for all the world to see? Remember that historically thailand is never conquered by western foreign powers so no trickle down technological transfer. Only homegrown engineering . 

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

"Tourists are complaining that all the money and effort Pattaya has expended to rebuild its beach is being wasted through neglected maintenance."

People need to understand that it is never about solving a problem and keeping it solved. It's about who gets the money. If anything good comes from "the money and effort" it may be considered an unexpected coincidence.

So, no different to the UK then  ????

It doesnt look like any of the beach area that has recently been refurbished. Its right up the north end of the beach where no one goes anyway. Of course this thread is s great opportunity for the Pattaya bashers to get on their soapbox. Most of them probably never been here but for some reason love to put the place down.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Good idea. They could call it "Walking Beach" and line the high ground with even more bars and brothels and strip clubs 24/7 for the families who like to enjoy walking by the seaside. 

That get's my vote 

Archived