Pattaya neglecting newly rebuilt beach

Rimmer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

Why is everyone so negative. I drive past along beach road every day and the wider sections look fantastic. 

Clowns like "Happie Chappie" making comments "looking at the picture" ... Happie Chappie, what's it actually like on the beach please? 

Go up to the Dusit the top!  it is a sewer that is the story! What you see is visual as you noted, " you drive by "  go for a swim especially after a rain storm.

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Tourists pointed out that Pattaya has spent more than a half-billion baht to repair its beach, but won’t spend the relatively little money to keep it looking beautiful.

I doubt tourist would know Pattaya spend more than half billion baht....poor reporting at its best

6 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Maintenance, in Thailand,pull the other one.

I thought it was just in my area.... they built a floating peer/bridge with guard rails, chain and so forth, it started to fall a part..... 5 months later they let it fall a part, Thais keep walking on it but it's absolutely NOT safe, no guard rails, nothing, if the sea is a little rough they will be thrown into the water.... pity as it looked nice and was practical as well

Does anybody have something nice to say about this beautiful wonderful country?

Past months reading and watching these topics   it is obvious   that Thailand is  really beautiful   

BUT THE PEOPLE   IN THAILAND  DO NOT SEEM TO GIVE A  F......... ABOUT IT  

Half your youth are on drugs   .......Nobody seems to care   

Talk about corruption all the time again nothing is done?   WHY? COS THE MONEY IS STILL PAYING FOR THIS CORRUPTION  IT WILL NEVER STOP.

Thailand just seems to go down every year in world standards For a country that relies so much on Tourism you are killing your own future   .......

Sadly it seems  Thailand will never change as long as the Rich stay rich and most others are just poor...... 

I cannot see any future  for  poor Thai  working class at all   

No wonder selling drugs seems a way out for so many   ... Oh, and your sex trade is world class it seems  ...  but so is your Aids problem thanks to your huge amount of Ladyboy sex workers. (YOU HAVE MORE DRUG  LORD FAMILIES THAN  THE USA )

YES THAILAND   YOU SHOULD  PROUD  

Maintenance does seem to be lacking in the authorities' vocabulary.  Here in Hua Hin, money has been spent on roads with beautiful pavements, cycle lanes etc.  Within months, the cycle lanes are overgrown and no longer visible, the pavements are overgrown with weeds gradually breaking up the work done.  The only maintenance done is by any restaurants/businesses directly adjacent to the new roads/pavements.  Anything from the authorities is non-existent.

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

From everything I've seen over the past 10 years here, Thai simply do not believe in, understand the concept of "preventative maintenance".  They build something, or do something, and think it will simply stay that way all on it's own forever. 

Totally agree............applies to cars & small motor cycles too.......not sure about the big bikes though.

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

From everything I've seen over the past 10 years here, Thai simply do not believe in, understand the concept of "preventative maintenance".  They build something, or do something, and think it will simply stay that way all on it's own forever. 

Absolutely 100% true.  This goes for civil projects, subways, BTS anything.  FAF.  Fire and Forget.  Never budgeted, never planned, never performed.  Sometimes the patience of some times amazes me as they do the same thing day after day for little money and little hope of advancement.  Other times their forget it and drop it amazes me too

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Pattaya hasn't spent half a billion baht on the beach.the funds were allocated but most went to Mercedes.looking at the picture it looks like a good breeding ground for mozzies,flies and bacteria.the people responsible should be sacked,investigated,named and shamed.thailand is falling apart from ignorance,greed and corruption as usual and it isn't going to get better.how the hell can you spend the equivalent of £12 million pounds on a beach and end up with a swamp is beyond me.

And yet the keep rebuilding...I run the beach every morning and look daily ,this beach will be ''sand bags ,from walking street to the Dusit in 4 years..those bags are under 8- 10 inches of sand ( more like mud and dirt really) the wind alone will blow most of it away over a few years....Saddly this ''beach sand bag fix'' is a one time F***K UP ,as no way in hell will they ever ever remove those bags now,this mess is a keeper....IT IS AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER...PERIOD

7 hours ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

Why is everyone so negative. I drive past along beach road every day and the wider sections look fantastic. 

Clowns like "Happie Chappie" making comments "looking at the picture" ... Happie Chappie, what's it actually like on the beach please? 

What a stupid post...zzzzzzzz

I think the concept of maintenance just is not understood in Thailand in all areas of society.Five years ago,the partners relatives built a house up country.When I went to see it,I thought,if they ever want to sell it I could be interested.Farang kitchen,fully equipped bathroom,a real gem of a house.

Fast forward five years, the place looks thirty /forty years old,paint peeling,windows that do not close properly,hanging gutters,ground(which was a nice garden)is now covered with bottle tops,fag ends,nails so much you cannot see the actual ground.The rear of the house now has an external kitchen with hammocks,concrete benches etc that looks like a refugee camp and the state of the art bathroom now has a 45 gallon drum full of water because nothing in the room actually works any longer .Inside it looks in every room like a left luggage storage area.It is obvious that since it was built absolutely nothing has been done to keep the place looking nice or maintained.And no,I would not buy it now.

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Tourists are complaining that all the money and effort Pattaya has expended to rebuild its beach is being wasted through neglected maintenance.

How would most tourists even know what was spent? 

Either the beaches are in good shape, or they aren't.  That's what tourists care about.

20 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Tourists pointed out that Pattaya has spent more than a half-billion baht to repair its beach, but won’t spend the relatively little money to keep it looking beautiful.

How do tourists know about this “government spending”..... did the local orbitor place signs everywhere advising of the project scope and cost?

17 hours ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

One can only guess that you do not (or cannot afford) a stay at the Dusit Thani Hotel?

Archived