Navy holds forum on U-tapao airport, Eastern Aviation City projects

Rimmer

Navy holds forum on U-tapao airport, Eastern Aviation City projects

image.png

SATTAHIP:--The Navy opened a forum this past week on the selection of contractors for U-tapao airport and Eastern Aviation City development projects.

Representatives of private firms called for more information regarding the projects, following an inquiry conducted in November. The forum will be continued until early February 2019, after which feedback will be compiled in late February.

The U-tapao airport project includes design, construction, and maintenance of the airport’s runway, taxiway, relevant systems, a second air traffic control tower, an operation center, a support operation center, an air traffic control system, and additional projects which support the airport’s main operations such as Terminal 3 project, a ground transportation center and a cargo complex.

The airport’s development plan includes related business units such as a cargo village or the Free Trade Zone (FTZ), a commercial gateway, a central utilities system, an immigration office, a customs office, government units, and non-aeronautical services.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-07

22 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Representatives of private firms called for more information regarding the projects,

Do they seriously believe the Navy has any more information? It is only in "dreamtime" stage at the moment. They first have to figure out where all the energy and money is coming from for the PM's famous Eastern Economic Corridor.

Representatives were each given a cup of tea, a handshake and self-addressed envelope in which to enclose their submission  papers. 

2 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Do they seriously believe the Navy has any more information? It is only in "dreamtime" stage at the moment. They first have to figure out where all the energy and money is coming from for the PM's famous Eastern Economic Corridor.

Representatives were each given a cup of tea, a handshake and self-addressed envelope in which to enclose their submission  papers. 

Have you been to the airport lately?  Hardly a dream time project. Its changing very rapidly with a few large infrastructure projects already nearing completion, including the new access roads, terminal 2, car parks and maintenance facilities.  They mean business, although goodness knows where the money is coming from.  On the wider EEC,  the  expressway road system is almost ready up to the outskirts of Ban Chang.  Very impressive.  

Just now, Pilotman said:

Have you been to the airport lately?  Hardly a dream time project. Its changing very rapidly with a few large infrastructure projects already nearing completion, including the new access roads, terminal 2, car parks and maintenance facilities.  They mean business, although goodness knows where the money is coming from.  On the wider EEC,  the  expressway road system is almost ready up to the outskirts of Ban Chang.  Very impressive.  

I was primarily referring to the energy and financial requirements for the Eastern Economic Corridor of which the Airport is only a small part. Sorry if I have caused confusion. 

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Have you been to the airport lately?  Hardly a dream time project.

I live not too far North of the airport  but never see or hear "big planes" in the sky  maybe they all come in/leave from the South ????

In London I lived maybe a bit closer to Heathrow airport and  looking up you can see and hear multiple big planes in the sky almost constantly.

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I live in the valley approach to UT

Do the circle before landing or just come straight in ?

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

big (ish) jets.

So not 747 size ???  maybe I need some binoculars ????

2 hours ago, johng said:

Do the circle before landing or just come straight in ?

So not 747 size ???  maybe I need some binoculars ????

No 747s , B777 and Airbus 300 and 330, plus their Russian equivalents .  They normally come straight down the valley, heading  north to south, or I see them climbing out south to north. My house is on s slight rise to the west side of the valley, so I get a clear view. 

5 hours ago, johng said:

I live not too far North of the airport  but never see or hear "big planes" in the sky  maybe they all come in/leave from the South ????

In London I lived maybe a bit closer to Heathrow airport and  looking up you can see and hear multiple big planes in the sky almost constantly.

I live in Taphong and hear the aircraft all the time.

2 hours ago, THEN said:

U-Tapao can handle the Antonov 225 - FYI (the worlds largest airplane)

http://airfreight-logistics.com/2015/07/10/antonov-225-the-worlds-largest-airplane-offloads-in-u-tapao/

Some days the Chinese and Russian airplanes take off from North -> South in U-Tapao, do a turn over the sea and pass in over Phala Beach area in a low altitude and are quite noisy.

It was built for B52's to take off fully loaded.

Archived