Pattaya temple paying reward to ID pet dumpers

Rimmer

Pattaya temple paying reward to ID pet dumpers

image.png

PATTAYA:--Wat Boonsamphan is offering 1,000-baht rewards for anyone who can identify the people dumping unwanted dogs and cats at the temple. To date, more than 200 have been set loose there.

Lay minister Wanchai Sanngam said the temple’s animal problem is getting out of control, as people who get puppies and kittens heartlessly abandon them once they grow up and aren’t as cute anymore. Rather than take responsibility, they dump their duties on monks.

The result has been Boonsamphan has come to resemble an animal shelter, he said. Pens have been built to corral the dogs, as they were defecating all over temple grounds.

The monks are so upset that they are now paying informants 1,000 baht a case if anyone can identify the people dumping animals. Wanchai said the offer has had some results, with photos and tips given that have pointed back to the people stealthily disposing of their animals.

Anyone with information on animal dumping at the temple can call 081-801-7296 24 hours a day.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-07

Obviously it's bad what people do.

But is it illegal in Thailand to dump the pets at a temple?

And what if people don't do that anymore because they are afraid to be exposed? Would it be better if people dump them i.e. on the highway?

These people showed already that they don't behave like decent humans.  What else would they do to get rid of their pets? I don't really want to think about that...

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously it's bad what people do.

But is it illegal in Thailand to dump the pets at a temple?

And what if people don't do that anymore because they are afraid to be exposed? Would it be better if people dump them i.e. on the highway?

These people showed already that they don't behave like decent humans.  What else would they do to get rid of their pets? I don't really want to think about that...

It is , not too long ago law was introduced targeting those who dump their pets

1 hour ago, khaowong1 said:

Every temple in Thailand has the same problem. 

Not every temple. This temple has been very kind and even allowed for an outsider to build a shelter for puppies. Person running shelter is not even thai but Chinese married to a Brit . With her own money and donations she has built a shelter for pups there, currently housing over 100 pups.

Ok I do not agree but can understand some people circumstances have changed , but at lest have the decency not to drink a few cases but donate this money to look after and feed your animal.

so many locals seem to fail to understand it’s a living creature not a disposable garbage. It needs to be fed and looked after for 10-17 years. 

Saying that its not obly locals, plenty of foreigners doing the same thing. One of my pensioners was owned by a foreigner who split up with his wife and dumped 6 month old pup in Soi . I adopted her sometime later and she is still with me 12 years later but still what a pathetic excuse for a human being .

have seen also pitbul being dumped by foreigners in sois as if it was just disposable garbage 

sickening is not the right word to use 

On 12/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rimmer said:

Wat Boonsamphan is offering 1,000-baht rewards for anyone who can identify the people dumping unwanted dogs and cats at the temple. To date, more than 200 have been set loose there.

It is not only temples it is on every soi all over Thailand 

and not only dogs and cats but garbish too

Thai people have no respect and morals for anything and anyone 

Thailand is becoming more and more bad sad but true 

Once I was proud to say I love Thailand but not anymore 

Archived