Jump to content
BANGKOK
johnmcc6

Australian pension

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

 

My personal bitch with Centrelink is they won't pay rent support to pensioners living overseas. They would only have to pay one-quarter to one-third of what they would have to pay if I was renting in Australia, but no. Skinflints.

So the OP I assume by his asking if his fake wife can be a “dependent” so he/they can bludge more money from the Aussie taxpayer? 

 

And Lacessit is calling centrelink skinflints for saving that same taxpayer for not paying his rent in tropical Thailand despite receiving enough handouts from the taxpayer to live off?

 

Welfare should be restricted to those in need, like the disabled.

 

The more you give them, the more they want. Abhorrent. Shameless.

 

Does anyone know, if I take a bargirl back to Australia with her kids, can I get the dole, can she get the dole and will the government pay for her kids, and of course get free education and medical??

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

So the OP I assume by his asking if his fake wife can be a “dependent” so he/they can bludge more money from the Aussie taxpayer? 

 

And Lacessit is calling centrelink skinflints for saving that same taxpayer for not paying his rent in tropical Thailand despite receiving enough handouts from the taxpayer to live off?

 

Welfare should be restricted to those in need, like the disabled.

 

The more you give them, the more they want. Abhorrent. Shameless.

 

Does anyone know, if I take a bargirl back to Australia with her kids, can I get the dole, can she get the dole and will the government pay for her kids, and of course get free education and medical??

 

I'm actually saving the Australian Government money by not calling on the various emoluments of living in Australia as a senior citizen. Such as subsidised transport, plus electricity, water and phone concessions.

I've paid truckloads of taxes all my working life, so politicians can piss it up against a wall. Pollies like Bronwyn Bishop and Joe Hockey ring any bells?

But for the abject incompetence of politicians and ASIC before, during and after the GFC, I would not even need to rely on an Australian OAP. That, plus getting screwed by the Australian Family Law system.

I live in Thailand because if I lived in Australia, it would be in a caravan park, on a daily diet of bowl noodles.

Shameless? You betcha. I'll take the pricks for every cent I can get. And you know what you can do with your moralising.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
I'm actually saving the Australian Government money by not calling on the various emoluments of living in Australia as a senior citizen. Such as subsidised transport, plus electricity, water and phone concessions. I've paid truckloads of taxes all my working life, so politicians can piss it up against a wall. Pollies like Bronwyn Bishop and Joe Hockey ring any bells?

But for the abject incompetence of politicians and ASIC before, during and after the GFC, I would not even need to rely on an Australian OAP. That, plus getting screwed by the Australian Family Law system.

I live in Thailand because if I lived in Australia, it would be in a caravan park, on a daily diet of bowl noodles.

Shameless? You betcha. I'll take the pricks for every cent I can get. And you know what you can do with your moralising.

 

 

It's not that bad. With rent assistance and a higher pension in Oz, pension card for meds when you need them, free Medicare cheap wine and cheese and deli products and your dollar is actually worth a dollar instead steadily falling off a cliff here.  

You could easy get a granny flat in small town country or seaside

 

You don't have medical insurance here. Add that in and oz is cheaper

 

Have a stroke here and your screwed Medicare won't take you back for at least 6 months on oz

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm actually saving the Australian Government money by not calling on the various emoluments of living in Australia as a senior citizen. Such as subsidised transport, plus electricity, water and phone concessions.

I've paid truckloads of taxes all my working life, so politicians can piss it up against a wall. Pollies like Bronwyn Bishop and Joe Hockey ring any bells?

But for the abject incompetence of politicians and ASIC before, during and after the GFC, I would not even need to rely on an Australian OAP. That, plus getting screwed by the Australian Family Law system.

I live in Thailand because if I lived in Australia, it would be in a caravan park, on a daily diet of bowl noodles.

Shameless? You betcha. I'll take the pricks for every cent I can get. And you know what you can do with your moralising.

 

Truckloads of taxes? But didn’t save anything? Pissed up against the wall?

 

i don’t like Bronwyn or Joe, because they also bludge of the taxpayer. Leaners, not lifters. 

 

I like the thai welfare system much more than the Aussie system.

 

Australia is a great country with plenty of opportunities for those that have a go. 27 years without a recession.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

 

Shameless? You betcha. I'll take the pricks for every cent I can get. 

 

Those pricks would be the decent hardworking taxpayers.

Thanks for confirming what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Those pricks would be the decent hardworking taxpayers.

Thanks for confirming what I said.

Assume whatever you want. There are around 2 million public service employees in Australia. We are one of the most over-governed countries in the world.

So you're a decent hardworking taxpayer? So was I. Didn't piss it up against a wall, got robbed.

Plenty of opportunities for those wanting to have a go? Not any more. Ask any Millennial.

Guys like you have been rorting the tax system for years. Negative gearing, capital gains tax discount etc. Time to get down from your pulpit.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, madmen said:

It's not that bad. With rent assistance and a higher pension in Oz, pension card for meds when you need them, free Medicare cheap wine and cheese and deli products and your dollar is actually worth a dollar instead steadily falling off a cliff here.  

You could easy get a granny flat in small town country or seaside

 

You don't have medical insurance here. Add that in and oz is cheaper

 

Have a stroke here and your screwed Medicare won't take you back for at least 6 months on oz

 

 

 

 

 

You keep beating the same drum. I've given up listening.

Share this post


Link to post
You keep beating the same drum. I've given up listening.
Without medical insurance your screwed you know it, I know it.. You think sticking your head in the sand will fix it.... Good luck with that

Share this post


Link to post

In an answer to the poster, if you marry you will lose approx 200 dollars a fortnight from your single pension if your spouse is not eligible. i have been all through this and fought centerlink up to the court where because of costs i stopped. my solution i divorced my thai wife single pension restored immediately. once you marry there are no ifs nor buts' read and reread centrelink law one part will say you have a chance and on the next page it will contradict what you previously read. so don't do it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, madmen said:
4 hours ago, Lacessit said:
You keep beating the same drum. I've given up listening.

Without medical insurance your screwed you know it, I know it.. You think sticking your head in the sand will fix it.... Good luck with that

 I have previously told you I have funds set aside for a medical emergency in Thailand. I have also told you I maintain top level private health cover in Australia. I don't consider that's sticking my head in the sand.

I'd suggest getting checked out, as it seems senility is setting in for you if you don't remember what I have previously posted.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everyone for your comments. As i do not-intend. to go back to Oz I will be staying single.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, Pete1980 said:

So the OP I assume by his asking if his fake wife can be a “dependent” so he/they can bludge more money from the Aussie taxpayer? 

 

And Lacessit is calling centrelink skinflints for saving that same taxpayer for not paying his rent in tropical Thailand despite receiving enough handouts from the taxpayer to live off?

 

Welfare should be restricted to those in need, like the disabled.

 

The more you give them, the more they want. Abhorrent. Shameless.

 

Does anyone know, if I take a bargirl back to Australia with her kids, can I get the dole, can she get the dole and will the government pay for her kids, and of course get free education and medical??

 

Not a fake wife. and what kind of jerk assumes a girl has to be a bar girl? A guy giving a dirt poor woman an income in return for some help in my older years. is not Bludging on the taxpayer . And how do you smart arse know if I am disabled or not? And for your information I earned my pension benefits and have no guilt whatsoever in claiming it. Your assumption are not only wrong they also suck big time.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/10/2018 at 1:49 AM, Lacessit said:

Assume whatever you want. There are around 2 million public service employees in Australia. We are one of the most over-governed countries in the world.

Yeah, and more people than that on welfare bleeding the system. At least the public servants work and pay tax.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:49 AM, Lacessit said:

So you're a decent hardworking taxpayer? So was I. Didn't piss it up against a wall, got robbed.

Well, I hope you reported it.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:49 AM, Lacessit said:

Plenty of opportunities for those wanting to have a go? Not any more. Ask any Millennial.

You are not a millennial.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:49 AM, Lacessit said:

Guys like you have been rorting the tax system for years. Negative gearing, capital gains tax discount etc. Time to get down from your pulpit.

Nothing wrong with tax minimization. Anyone who pays more tax than they need to needs their head read, cos they are spending it very well.

27 years without a recession, we are the lucky country, land of plenty. Got it better than anywhere else on earth.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, johnmcc6 said:

Not a fake wife. and what kind of jerk assumes a girl has to be a bar girl? A guy giving a dirt poor woman an income in return for some help in my older years. is not Bludging on the taxpayer . And how do you smart arse know if I am disabled or not? And for your information I earned my pension benefits and have no guilt whatsoever in claiming it. Your assumption are not only wrong they also suck big time.

You asked if she would be a dependant. So I assume the income you will be wanting to give her, is from the Australian taxpayer. You get extra welfare if you have dependants.

Very generous of you. 

From the way you worded your OP it sounded like you were marrying her for the sole purpose as regards to your pension.

Which is illegal.

 

Anyway, I doubt you will be better off, there are rules in place to stop that sort of nonsense. And rightly so. 

 

I didnt say your girl was a bargirl. But lets face it, most of the farangs I know in Thailand have met their Teerak in a bar, and often marry them, which quite often results in them qualifying for Australian welfare. It doesnt sit well with me that my taxes are used in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, Pete1980 said:

You asked if she would be a dependant. So I assume the income you will be wanting to give her, is from the Australian taxpayer. You get extra welfare if you have dependants.

Very generous of you. 

From the way you worded your OP it sounded like you were marrying her for the sole purpose as regards to your pension.

Which is illegal.

 

Anyway, I doubt you will be better off, there are rules in place to stop that sort of nonsense. And rightly so. 

 

I didnt say your girl was a bargirl. But lets face it, most of the farangs I know in Thailand have met their Teerak in a bar, and often marry them, which quite often results in them qualifying for Australian welfare. It doesnt sit well with me that my taxes are used in that way.

I was just asking about pension for married visa to see if it was easier to put 400000 in the bank instead of 800000. The income i give her is my money not from the taxpayer. Unless of course persons on a pension rightly earned is somehow bludging. I was not thinking at all of increased pension rather having my pension reduced because she had an income. The fact many guys marry bar girls is no ones business but theirs. I have been here for many years and know full well what the rules are re dependents who don't qualify.   So get peed off all you like about abusers of the system but it would be nice of you find out why I posted rather than just jump to a conclusion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...