BANGKOK 26 March 2019 19:01
johnmcc6

Australian pension

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So a non homeowner who has $465,500 or less gets the full pension right ?

If you put single, no to homeowner and $0 as income and $465,500 in the 2nd site you provided me with earlier, it says you will receive $916.30p/f

In the Deeming Calculator put $161,000 this will get you $172/FN income.

In the Pension Calculator put single non homeowner and $172/FN income with $0 assets.

Answer is $916 pension or full pension.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That is each you realise, x 2 (each) per fortnight

My wife is not a resident. Not sure if I want to spend the next 25 years back in OZ working that one out?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

In the Pension Calculator put single non homeowner and $172/FN income with $0 assets.

So working off say 500K you get $576/p/f/n income 

Goto the Pension Calculator you put in married non-homeowner and $576 income with $0 assets

The answer is $622

Now I gather this is correct?

21 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

My wife is not a resident. Not sure if I want to spend the next 25 years back in OZ working that one out?

You did say: 

"I just put in some different figures as a Couple Non-Homeowner and got these figures"

300K - $690/p/f/n

500K - $690/p/f/n

800K - $382/p/f/n

1 Million - $82/p/f/n

Nothing to sneeze (be better if single) at if you are in the country at the time or like myself, got pensioned off

I took that as you were a Couple Non Homeowners, suffice to say I agree, 25 years would be a life sentence, let alone 2 years 🙂

38 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

So working off say 500K you get $576/p/f/n income 

Goto the Pension Calculator you put in married non-homeowner and $576 income with $0 assets

The answer is $622

Now I gather this is correct?

Correct! 

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LosLobo said:

With respect, I was disappointed that "I will not now be making any further contributions on this site on this subject" was not true.

Don't get your hopes up.

He keeps promising this but always returns.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

In the Deeming Calculator I put $465,500 this got me 552/FN income.

In the Pension Calculator I put single non homeowner and $552 income with $465,500 assets.

Answer is $726.30 F/N pension under the income test or $916.30 under the assets test, your F/N payment will be $726.30 so it's really only a drop in the sea, i.e. $180 F/N for having some assets which is not bad IMO eg 32,500 baht per month based on to today's exchange rates.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

In the Deeming Calculator I put $465,500 this got me 552/FN income.

In the Pension Calculator I put single non homeowner and $552 income with $465,500 assets.

Answer is $726.30 F/N pension under the income test or $916.30 under the assets test, your F/N payment will be $726.30 so it's really only a drop in the sea, i.e. $180 F/N for having some assets which is not bad IMO eg 32,500 baht per month based on to today's exchange rates.

So now you understand deeming and income/assets tests! 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

So now you understand deeming and income/assets tests! 🙂

Thanks to you 🙂

Didn't even have to have a dummy spit. 

14 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

So now you understand deeming and income/assets tests!

Thanks for this. Has made my mind rest a lot easier seeing in general how this all works now and I have a general idea how much income I will have in the future.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks to you 🙂

Didn't even have to have a dummy spit. 

But remember the deeming rate can change when interest rates move and/or it takes the Govt's fancy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Thanks for this. Has made my mind rest a lot easier seeing in general how this all works now and I have a general idea how much income I will have in the future.

NB Interest rates are historically low now so remember the deeming rate can only go up in the future!

Don't get your hopes up.   He keeps promising this but always returns.

About a year ago, another contributor to this thread Elvis1-6 (where are u mate?) and I also tried to educate the cranky man about Deeming. But cranky pants refused to accept all the reliable links we posted and instead called us nasty names, before telling us to shove it and promising never to post here again. But as Will27 mentioned he always returns, rudely shouting down anyone who mentions Deeming and the $162,000 financial asset limit for a non-home owner, single full pension.

• Like 1