Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 January 2019 23:02
moogradod

Credit Card for Thai Wife

Recommended Posts

Is it possible that my Thai Wife can get a credit card if she has no income but only assets ?

Or any other card that can be used to make hotel bookings abroad for example ? I think that hotels do not accept Debit Cards for reservation, but I am not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ka

Is it possible that my Thai Wife can get a credit card if she has no income but only assets ?
Or any other card that can be used to make hotel bookings abroad for example ? I think that hotels do not accept Debit Cards for reservation, but I am not sure.
Kasikorn has an virtuel Kweb shopping cart. You can set your spending limits

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kbank virtual card can also be turned on and off at will.

 

Generally Your wife will not get a credit card unless she has income and can demonstrate it by bank statements for a minimum 1 yr. (Circumstances/banks may vary)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Henry15 and CharlieH for the information about Kbank virtual card.

I hope this can be used to make hotel reservations and maybe on Paypal.

 

And I like your text at the end of your post, CharlieH.

Edited by moogradod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thank you all for the information about Kbank virtual card.

I hope this can be used to make hotel reservations and maybe on Paypal.

I have used the kbank card for both of those myself, without a problem.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the K Bank shopping card, should be no problem booking hotels overseas, through an agent such as Agoda/Booking.com. Paying direct to an overseas hotel may not work.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Bangkok Bank. My wife has had a credit card for several years. Her card is linked to my account. I don’t have a work permit but work around region.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasikorn gave my wife a 'credit card' after she deposited 20,000 bht in an account for it . The limit is 20,000bht and to me it is basically a debit card but they call it credit.

Oddly enough she took out 18,000 other week and next payment said she had to pay 3000bht as payment which I thought was high and they charged her about 700bht I think despite all of it being her money anyway !!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, moogradod said:

Thank you Henry15 and CharlieH for the information about Kbank virtual card.

I hope this can be used to make hotel reservations and maybe on Paypal.

 

And I like your text at the end of your post, CharlieH.

BB also has a credit card if you have a secured deposit, depending on how much you want to secure they will give you a credit card for that amount.... maybe not as good as the KBank option but it's also available

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deli said:

Think twice if it is your account being debited

Thanks, but no need to think twice. Fortunately my wife and myself do not have to distinguish between "your money " and "my money". She carries currently a Mastercard Gold which she used for more than 10 years - debited to "my" account. But maybe not everyone is so fortunate in this regard, which I think is indeed sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Paying direct to an overseas hotel may not work.

Then it is not worth it. A real Credit Card needs to be accepted worldwide. It is either a Visa or Mastercard (preferably) or something in this league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Paying direct to an overseas hotel may not work.

Sorry, duplicated post. Pressed 2 times save afterit did not the first time.

Edited by moogradod
technical malfunction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

BB also has a credit card if you have a secured deposit, depending on how much you want to secure they will give you a credit card for that amount.... maybe not as good as the KBank option but it's also available

Thanks, this can be done. However "a credit card" may not be accepted everywhere. It must be one of the big names I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thanks, but no need to think twice. Fortunately my wife and myself do not have to distinguish between "your money " and "my money". She carries currently a Mastercard Gold which she used for more than 10 years - debited to "my" account. But maybe not everyone is so fortunate in this regard, which I think is indeed sad.

Not sad, just sensible maybe....😋

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×