Junta reaffirms Feb 24 as date for national poll

rooster59

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Sounds more like backtracking by you and others. Already given up because you and I know what the result will be when the Thais put it to vote

Strange though you guys were such fighters and now you all have tail between legs already admitting defeat. What a wasted four years of posting.. You will never learn or understand whilst you cling to your western version of democracy for Thailand.

If you truly believe the Thai will vote for the pro junta party in great numbers, you are absolutely out of your mind. Many Thai people absolutely hate the bloke, even in the heartland of the democrats he has lost a lot of support during his tenure. 

If he was so popular, why the restrictions, why the human rights absuses, why the coup ? History will repeat itself, he stands no chance. 

And again he does not even run for office. His approach is to use the fully NCPO appointed senate to vote him in as "outsider" PM, a concept introduced by his administration. Does not sound like he is all that popular, if he needs such undemocratic measures. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of the day this topic can be spun a hundred different ways but the real clincher is hardly an adult protested against the army

Don't kid yourselves that they are cowards the red vs yellow shirt chaos shows they will fight.

Imposing western democracy on thailand shows the immaturity of many posters and I hope they have leaned a lesson or 2 over the last 4 years

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

End of the day this topic can be spun a hundred different ways but the real clincher is hardly an adult protested against the army

Don't kid yourselves that they are cowards the red vs yellow shirt chaos shows they will fight.

Imposing western democracy on thailand shows the immaturity of many posters and I hope they have leaned a lesson or 2 over the last 4 years

Wait and see, I am dead sure you will be vastly disappointed. Apparently you are unware of the consequences of protest at this moment. Maybe this will open your eyes:

What more needs to be said really.

15 hours ago, madmen said:

As usual the bar stool Political analysts come out swinging without understanding the process. Exit polls alone will provide an indication during election day

How can a newby like yourself possibly be so sure that TVF members do not understand the process?

Proof of your expertise please. Perhaps this is just drivel in an attempt to rapidly expand your count.

12 hours ago, madmen said:

Most of the posts on all the threads are farang proclaiming that their "close circle of thai friends" all despise the junta

If that's the case having a head start means nothing. He is so despised they will be wiped out by a landslide

But now posters are saying he has a huge head start and to hard to beat?

Is that like having a bet each way?

You really should pay more attention.

He does have a huge head start. This is easily achieved when you have the ability under the threat of arrest to muzzle all of the competing forces. Other parties are barely given time to mount their horses.

Keep reading and learning please.

10 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

I think the point here is that in a free and fair election the junta will be wiped out at the ballot box. The junta are not stupid, they know they won't stand a chance. So the are currently trying to obtain an unfair advantage. For instance, whilst Prayuth is in full out campaign mode, other parties up to this day, cannot legally campaign. All of a sudden we see large amounts of cash being handed out by this illegitimate government, remember how those populist policies were a reason to stage the coup ? Now they employ the very same populist policies to remain in power. 

There are some other things, such as the article 44 initiated re-mapping of constituencies by the EC, and the unbelieveable fact that it would take a full two months for the results to be announced by the EC. I am guessing other measure will entail, no international oversight, and possibly no exit polls. But for the last two, we have to wait, the rest has already happened. 

Free and fair elections, no chance. 

Well stated.

Wait and see, I am dead sure you will be vastly disappointed. Apparently you are unware of the consequences of protest at this moment. Maybe this will open your eyes:

What more needs to be said really.

Vietnam is By far the worst. Cambodia and thailand pretty bad.

Sometimes there is collateral damage to avoid civil unrest or in Thailands case a civil war . The martyrs new what they were up against

Reading through the posts on TV it's pretty clear farang want to see blood spilled. Why you guys would want to see your host country descend into chaos is beyond me but then again lot of weirdos on these boards i

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Sometimes there is collateral damage to avoid civil unrest or in Thailands case a civil war . The martyrs new what they were up against

Reading through the posts on TV it's pretty clear farang want to see blood spilled. Why you guys would want to see your host country descend into chaos is beyond me but then again lot of weirdos on these boards i

The last thing I want is bloodshed, why don't you coup defenders stop with the civil war nonsense. A coup is never the answer. The Thai electorate  was quite capable of self governance, stop being fooled gy the nonsense uttered by the junta and their masters. Amazing  people are stupid enough to fall for it. 

43 minutes ago, madmen said:

How do you know all this?

3 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Even a madman, if he had the slightest passing knowledge of what has been going on in Thailand for the last twenty years, would understand that the most likely cause of a civil war, if it were to come to that, would be the repeated overthrowing of elected governments by the military, coupled with the subsequent practice of staging a coup to forestall an unfavourable election result.

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Sounds more like backtracking by you and others. Already given up because you and I know what the result will be when the Thais put it to vote

Strange though you guys were such fighters and now you all have tail between legs already admitting defeat. What a wasted four years of posting.. You will never learn or understand whilst you cling to your western version of democracy for Thailand.

Eastern version of democracy is what I understand and what I deemed right for Asian. Try reading up and understand what version is Asia subscribing before you lecture anyone. 

36 minutes ago, JAG said:

Even a madman, if he had the slightest passing knowledge of what has been going on in Thailand for the last twenty years, would understand that the most likely cause of a civil war, if it were to come to that, would be the repeated overthrowing of elected governments by the military, coupled with the subsequent practice of staging a coup to forestall an unfavourable election result.

You'll find the only ones that speak of civil war are Farang that pretend to understand and attain historic knowledge, yet really haven't a clue when it's all said and done.

33 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Eastern version of democracy is what I understand and what I deemed right for Asian. Try reading up and understand what version is Asia subscribing before you lecture anyone. 

Advisable.

Much too much of ignorant and shallow punditry here. 

On 12/8/2018 at 6:27 PM, baboon said:

Of which country or countries?

You know what country I am a citizen of, as I do yours. 

My point was only to suggest that everyone allow the Thai people to make a choice.

I have never seen an inflammatory post to western elections by the the Thai govt nor the Thai people. Have you?

What gives westerners the right to make such toxit statements about Thai culture, traditions and politics.

If and when westerners sort out their own home politics, even then, they have no right to interfere in the normal business of another countries politics. Thai culture poses no threat to any other country. Why are so many westerners critics when Thailand has never outspoken about any other country. 

And don't mention corruption, democracy and so on when their is so much sewerage in your countries politics and in mine. You of all people should know better.

4 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

You know what country I am a citizen of, as I do yours. 

My point was only to suggest that everyone allow the Thai people to make a choice.

I have never seen an inflammatory post to western elections by the the Thai govt nor the Thai people. Have you?

What gives westerners the right to make such toxit statements about Thai culture, traditions and politics.

If and when westerners sort out their own home politics, even then, they have no right to interfere in the normal business of another countries politics. Thai culture poses no threat to any other country. Why are so many westerners critics when Thailand has never outspoken about any other country. 

And don't mention corruption, democracy and so on when their is so much sewerage in your countries politics and in mine. You of all people should know better.

So not a Thai citizen, then. Masked by a cacophony of white noise. You have no more right to post than those you demand to shut up on what is a public forum.

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

So not a Thai citizen, then. Masked by a cacophony of white noise. You have no more right to post than those you demand to shut up on what is a public forum.

You don't know. What I do know is that you spend time in Thailand and spend a lot of that time talking down the culture you choose to spend time in. 

And it is none of your business. This is not your country, 

Western democracy dictates that all countries should be able to choose what sort of system they want.

I remember the same thing happened in Gaza. The US was strenuous to say that the Palestinions should be able to choose their own govt. They voted and chose Hezbulah.

The US went into a rage.

The same thing here. What gives you the moral or political right to slur a country that you choose to spend time in. It is not your country. Get it.

For me, I am a guest here. I am also an ambassador for my own country in the way I act and react to the people that I mingle with.

I suspect that I may be more respected by my community because I choose not to get involved in Thai politics. As I have been told, Thai people will determine their own outcome. It does not need hysterical posts by outsiders to change what the Thai people choose for themselves. Leave it alone. Or go home if you loathe this country so much.

Or go to Nth Korea. That is one country that you admire.

9 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

You don't know. What I do know is that you spend time in Thailand and spend a lot of that time talking down the culture you choose to spend time in. 

Western democracy dictates that all countries should be able to choose what sort of system they want.

I remember the same thing happened in Gaza. The US was strenuous to say that the Palestinions should be able to choose their own govt. They voted and chose Hezbulah.

The US went into a rage.

The same thing here. What gives you the moral or political right to slur a country that you choose to spend time in. It is not your country. Get it.

For me, I am a guest here. I am also an ambassador for my own country in the way I act and react to the people that I mingle with.

I suspect that I may be more respected by my community because I choose not to get involved in Thai politics. As I have been told, Thai people will determine their own outcome. It does not need hysterical posts by outsiders to change what the Thai people choose for themselves. Leave it alone. Or go home if you loathe this country so much.

I would go back to the DPRK like a shot if I had the wonga. However it all goes on Mrs baboon and our daughter, Thai citizens, both.

And as I have blood relatives here who depend on me, I reserve the right to comment on what affects their lives as much as I damn well please.

Still waiting to read your condemnations of those who support the junta. How come you aren't telling them to shut up as well, given this is not their country either?

I would go back to the DPRK like a shot if I had the wonga. However it all goes on Mrs baboon and our daughter, Thai citizens, both.
And as I have blood relatives here who depend on me, I reserve the right to comment on what affects their lives as much as I damn well please.

Still waiting to read your condemnations of those who support the junta. How come you aren't telling them to shut up as well, given this is not their country either?
Your a thai basher and not just about the junta

Go! Because you have a young daughter why on earth are you subjecting her to a 3rd world education /upbringing? Not fair on her

Prayut will win the election and your going to hate it here event more

1 minute ago, baboon said:

No one living in this country as a visitor has the right to interfere in any side of politics.

Your wife and children do. They have or will have the right to decide the countries future.

And Thai citizens living in your country or Thailand would not be so crude as to interfere in another countries political business.

It is that simple really. 

How do you react when some nosy ignoramus interferes in the country of your birth.

You chose to live here, you do not have voting rights and you should keep your toxic opinions to yourself.

9 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

The US went into a rage.

A few howlers here

1. He is silent on what he means by "talking down Thai culture". Unless he can define what he means by Thai, his comment is meaningless.

2. Aren't foreigners entitled to a view? It is fatuous and absurd to suggest Thai affairs are none of their business.

3. Western countries do not dictate other countries should choose what system they want. They do support universal values of liberty and democracy. In any case, it wrong to suggest for example military dictatorships are "chosen" by the people.

4. To criticise an unfair process is not the same thing as a slur.

5. Thai people should certainly be allowed to determine their future. The problem is they have not been allowed to.

16 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

No one living in this country as a visitor has the right to interfere in any side of politics.

Your wife and children do. They have or will have the right to decide the countries future.

And Thai citizens living in your country or Thailand would not be so crude as to interfere in another countries political business.

It is that simple really. 

How do you react when some nosy ignoramus interferes in the country of your birth.

You chose to live here, you do not have voting rights and you should keep your toxic opinions to yourself.

Like I say, you have not told a single junta supporter to shut up. Selective outrage at its finest. 

"No one living in this country as a visitor has the right to interfere in any side of politics."

Actually no one living in this country at all has the right to interfere in any side of politics. The country is under a repressive military junta who have banned political activity for over four years AND have bloody silly combovers. Or is commenting on hairstyles verboten in your book too...?

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

Your a thai basher and not just about the junta

Go! Because you have a young daughter why on earth are you subjecting her to a 3rd world education /upbringing? Not fair on her

Prayut will win the election and your going to hate it here event more

So it is not acceptable to comment on Thai current affairs on a public forum dedicated to just that, but fine and dandy to call into question how posters raise their kids? There's logic for you.

But hey, this is the difference between us. I support your right to call me a dick. You want dissenting voices silenced.

8 minutes ago, baboon said:

Like I say, you have not told a single junta supporter to shut up. Selective outrage at its finest. 

"No one living in this country as a visitor has the right to interfere in any side of politics."

Actually no one living in this country at all has the right to interfere in any side of politics. The country is under a repressive military junta who have banned political activity for over four years AND have bloody silly combovers. Or is commenting on hairstyles verboten in your book too...?

Err, do you not comprehend that "any side of politics" means exactly that. Pro, semi pro, 50/50 or against, that is what any side of politics means. 

Send me your e-mail and I will happily send you a thesaurus and dictionary.

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

So it is not acceptable to comment on Thai current affairs on a public forum dedicated to just that, but fine and dandy to call into question how posters raise their kids? There's logic for you.

But hey, this is the difference between us. I support your right to call me a dick. You want dissenting voices silenced.

Not one post has called you a "dick". That is what you have called yourself.

And the poster kindly suddested if to find Thailand so abhorent, there are other options for you.

I truly do believe you should immerse yourself in Thai culture, being angry means you have already lost face and everyone that is Thai will shrug their shoulders and say "just another angry Falung. Not worth listening to him" 

Again, it is not your right to dissent, this is not your country. Now take an aspirin, a cup of green tea and lie down.

Err, do you not comprehend that "any side of politics" means exactly that. Pro, semi pro, 50/50 or against, that is what any side of politics means. 

Send me your e-mail and I will happily send you a thesaurus and dictionary.

That's a very kind offer, but I'm fine with Google, thanks. And I am ready and waiting to shower you with 'like's when I actually do see you going after your fellow junta fanbois the way you are going after me...

1 minute ago, baboon said:

That's a very kind offer, but I'm fine with Google, thanks. And I am ready and waiting to shower you with 'like's when I actually do see you going after your fellow junta fanbois the way you are going after me...

Don't be upset baboon. Virtually everyone in Thailand takes your view.

If Thailand is ever going to make the transition from a third-world backwater to line up with the first-world democratic countries, it has to dump many things and take on others.

Not one post has called you a "dick". That is what you have called yourself.

And the poster kindly suddested if to find Thailand so abhorent, there are other options for you.

I truly do believe you should immerse yourself in Thai culture, being angry means you have already lost face and everyone that is Thai will shrug their shoulders and say "just another angry Falung. Not worth listening to him" 

Again, it is not your right to dissent, this is not your country. Now take an aspirin, a cup of green tea and lie down.

Your comments are noted and have been filed in the appropriate place.

I suggest we leave it there before we start upsetting the mods.

Where did I say it was unacceptable? Your letting your anger cloud your judgement

Sorry but I find a child's future more important than bickering about politics.

This thread is about the election and not the current junta rules but you guys just can't help yourselves.

Archived