Junta reaffirms Feb 24 as date for national poll

rooster59

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Where did I say it was unacceptable? Your letting your anger cloud your judgement

Sorry but I find a child's future more important than bickering about politics.

This thread is about the election and not the current junta rules but you guys just can't help yourselves.

Indeed it is. The rigged election, not child-rearing. That is what the Family and Children forum is for...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last thing I want is bloodshed, why don't you coup defenders stop with the civil war nonsense. A coup is never the answer. The Thai electorate  was quite capable of self governance, stop being fooled gy the nonsense uttered by the junta and their masters. Amazing  people are stupid enough to fall for it. 
You guys get super excited whenever a handful of protesters take on the junta with hundreds of comments about hope the rest of thailand joins in.

What do you think will happen, a big tea party with a debate? Of course there would blood shed!!

Thankfully the Thais are not interested and content with the status quo.

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't be upset baboon. Virtually everyone in Thailand takes your view.

If Thailand is ever going to make the transition from a third-world backwater to line up with the first-world democratic countries, it has to dump many things and take on others.

Mate, it's fine. I'm a big boy.

But now you have chosen to get involved, you are morally obliged to vote for me in Poster Of The Year....????

Indeed it is. The rigged election, not child-rearing. That is what the Family and Children forum is for...
That's a cop out. Just place an x on any other name. Thais have had 4 years of this guy and they already know if they want him. he is far more vulnerable then any other candidates who are not tested yet.

The penny has just dropped for you so your back up plan is rigged before it even starts

The last 4 years puts him in a great position if he did a good job. If he wins it will be based on 4 years of history and not because he sprinkled some cash.

23 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't be upset baboon. Virtually everyone in Thailand takes your view.

If Thailand is ever going to make the transition from a third-world backwater to line up with the first-world democratic countries, it has to dump many things and take on others.

It will be up to the Thai people to make up their own view, sometime early next year. 

As for a backwater, that is probably not true. Thailand is strategic, it amply feeds its own people, has a good economic outlook and has lots of potential.

Are you talking about France as a good first world democratic country. Maybe Greece or Italy. These are democratic countries to aspire to?

Maybe the US? These countries are the laughing stock of the world.

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

The last 4 years puts him in a great position if he did a good job. If he wins it will be based on 4 years of history and not because he sprinkled some cash.

And the sham constitution, ban on politics, backing of the military (so far) and gerrymandering put him in an even better one, eh?

And the sham constitution, ban on politics, backing of the military (so far) and gerrymandering put him in an even better one, eh?
If he was a tyrant, polls open and it's over.

The coup is so soft that it didn't even effect tourism. He did a great job so far but the ultimate test is in a democracy

At least we know there will never be another coup while he is there

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

Yes it all put him in an even better position, but if everyone hates him so much then just wait for the elections and see the landslide win of the other parties. 

But the other parties are just as much to blame with not giving any good alternatives given the crooks in all parties. If those money grabbers had been there for the people it never had come this far. 

Prayut has a huge unfair advantage, but the other parties could beat him IF they did not hate each-other so much and would not only be in it for the money. They could form a huge coalition, but it wont happen as they don't want to share the corruption money and power.

42 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

It will be up to the Thai people to make up their own view, sometime early next year. 

As for a backwater, that is probably not true. Thailand is strategic, it amply feeds its own people, has a good economic outlook and has lots of potential.

Are you talking about France as a good first world democratic country. Maybe Greece or Italy. These are democratic countries to aspire to?

I'm not at all sure that the 'result' of the election will reflect the actual vote. That's partly the problem. I live in Isaan and the poverty is astounding. Tens of thousands living without electricity and millions just about making a living from the land.

Thailand has everything it needs to a beacon in Asia. But it cannot shake off the military and, of course, there are other factors in play. Your word "potential". says it all for me.

The latest report on Thailand's wealth is interesting. Just i% of the people own the majority of the wealth. In fact, it's the world's new number one after jumping ahead of Russia.

I feel for the people of Thailand. The junta (also the 20 or so of the recent past), and the elites are not anything other than wealth-suckers, draining the life-blood out of the country for their own ends.

As for France and Greece and US etc, even their poorest are wealthy compared to the average Thai.

You guys get super excited whenever a handful of protesters take on the junta with hundreds of comments about hope the rest of thailand joins in.

What do you think will happen, a big tea party with a debate? Of course there would blood shed!!

Thankfully the Thais are not interested and content with the status quo.
Let's wait and see shall we. It is not like the Thais have freedom of assembly. History has taught us there are precious little dictatorships that meet with massive approval. This is no exception.

Meanwhile Prayuth is still busy gaining an unfair advantage, the latest stunt is removing party names and logos from the ballots. It seems Prayuth doesn't share your optimism...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'm not at all sure that the 'result' of the election will reflect the actual vote. That's partly the problem. I live in Isaan and the poverty is astounding. Tens of thousands living without electricity and millions just about making a living from the land.

Thailand has everything it needs to a beacon in Asia. But it cannot shake off the military and, of course, there are other factors in play. Your word "potential". says it all for me.

The latest report on Thailand's wealth is interesting. Just i% of the people own the majority of the wealth. In fact, it's the world's new number one after jumping ahead of Russia.

I feel for the people of Thailand. The junta (also the 20 or so of the recent past), and the elites are not anything other than wealth-suckers, draining the life-blood out of the country for their own ends.

As for France and Greece and US etc, even their poorest are wealthy compared to the average Thai.

Because I wish to continue to live in Thailand, I must disagree with you on the politics. That said, my poor ethnic Lao village (the edge of Issan but many Thai also)

has a system where very few go hungry. Employment is high, I have trouble getting help. Everyone knows everyones business and everyone gets enough to live on. I support a mentally deranged lady, but someone else would if I did not. It pees me off to see good food wasted on soi dogs when they should be euthanised or nuetered at least. 

Many people are land rich but money poor.

But when you say beggars in western countries are wealthy compared to Thai, I disagree.

The poor here are wealthy, if you define wealth as a sense of community, respect, for self and others and a love and pride of their culture.

I don't smell the poor Thai, all keep clean even in the thin clothes they wear. 

I make a point to sit with the poor on the odd occasions I go to the temple with my wife. They in turn tolerate me.

Siiiigh.  Really is sad and disgusting in this day and age, mass communication, internet, data transfer, etc.  Sad that people can't pick their elected officials to govern them.  Sad that while technically they can pick some, the choices to pick from are decided by factors they can't control.  I will give Thailand some relief on that one because even in the supposed big democratic US of A, the primary candidates that people can vote for President are only the ones that come from the Democratic or Republic conventions.  Granted there are other ways to get on the presidential ballot but in reality there really isn't. 

7 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Many Eurocentric circles don't get it, nor ever will.

Wallowing in their self-induced illusion.

Archived