Is a passbook from Bangkok Bank showing monthly deposits a valid "proof of monthly income"

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You mean the same as you need for the first one in a local bank, or for an extension in Thailand?

Yes, you need to show a Thai account with +800'000B to get a new Non O-A in France when you already had one the year before. The first time you "only" need to show 20'000€ in a French bank. So not as strict as extension (no 3 months seasoning) but impossible option for many French retirees on small pension.

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes, you need to show a Thai account with +800'000B to get a new Non O-A in France when you already had one the year before. The first time you "only" need to show 20'000€ in a French bank. So not as strict as extension (no 3 months seasoning) but impossible option for many French retirees on small pension.

Thank you for trying to be helpful, but I am not French, so this merely confuses me. What I need to know is if my Bangkok Bank passbook showing monthly deposits of 40 thousand baht can be used as "income proof" to get my extension of stay. Without the "income affidavit", I have the same problem as many others. Amazing that Thailand has to make it difficult to impossible to qualify to spend our money in their ragged economy.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply to post with quote
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 7:31 AM, KhunFred said:

Sure.....I'll just pull three thousand dollars out of my ASS and fly back to America. Are you related to the Rockefellers or Shinawatras by any chance??? Most ordinary human beings are NOT here because they can shit out loads of money whenever they need it. That is a Thai mindset The number of people on Thai visa who have NO concept of how ordinary low income people live is simply astonishing. The standard advice is "well, if you don't like it here, go back to your OWN country. Good luck on that. America and other countries are hellishly expensive compared to any developing country.

When you can't afford to even facilitate the backup plan of getting an O-A visa then it's time to stop asking for solutions that simply don't exist and simply remove the problem instead. Maybe that's what the Immigration department had in mind all along?

PS: I hear that Norwegian have really, really cheap flights to the US, all on brand-new 787's as well.

Yes your pass book should be okay to verify monthly income but listen to ubonjoe.  In fact here’s a copy of what Thai law says from the official Thai Immigration website.  Although obviously the income affidavit will be phased out later on this year but regardless the monthly income option isn’t going away and anyone who tells you it is is just dumb because according to the local law it’s not.  Just read what the attached Thai law says nothing is changing except for how we verify our monthly income. There are a lot of people on this forum telling you their personal opinions or how they hope Thai law is but you can’t argue with the facts.  Attached is the current Thai law from their official government website:  

AD9841F3-BC24-4465-AC5A-CB316695E037.png

ECADFE11-738D-40B8-B710-A26DE044E1BF.png

Edited by Jimmy Bulger

11 hours ago, Jimmy Bulger said:

Just read what the attached Thai law says; nothing is changing except for how we verify our monthly income. //

No. True statement should be: "nothing is changing" "except for how we verify our monthly income"

Requirement for "an embassy letter verifying your income" is a Thai Immigration requirement for years. And BTW it's not in the Thai Law (Police Order), it's an internal regulation from TI.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Bangkok Bank will print transactions in a NEW passbook from a specified date upon request?

I have an FTT, which when the passbook was updated, overprinted on the same line as the next previous transaction, and as such, is unclear. This FTT is the first of ~ 10 at 65,000+ meant to show monthly income for the purposes of an extension of stay based on retirement upon my renewal at the end of September. 

I need a new passbook today and would like to get the new passbook printed with transactions from 1/1/19.

Failing that, will Bangkok Bank issue some certified printout showing this FTT, which will be acceptable to Thai Immigration?

Edited by mtls2005

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Failing that, will Bangkok Bank issue some certified printout showing this FTT, which will be acceptable to Thai Immigration?

They will do that.

As far as I know they cannot put old transactions into a new bank book. It will only show the balance on the date it is issued.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, mtls2005 said:

I've seen posts relating to "Credit Advice" reports, which detail a single in-bound foreign transfer. And it appears that Bangkok Bank does issue these.

Does anyone have any experience getting these reports from Bangkok Bank?

Can you get them from your branch, or do you need to visit the "head office"?

Can you arrange to have these mailed to you (as some seem to have arranged with K-Bank)?

What are the odds that Immigration will accept these as "proof"?

Bangkok Bank, as I understand it, can provide monthly statements for the previous six-month period, so I assume we might need two (2) such statements to support an annual extension of stay based on retirement?

I stopped into my serving Bangkok Branch today to get a new passbook.

As an aside, there were ~ three groups of foreigners there trying to open new accounts, and all were denied.

I was able to get individual "Credit/Advice Receipts" for my January and February transfers (no fee). I asked if they could be mailed to me automatically, and was told "No".

You are able to have detailed statements printed, for time periods up to six (6) months. I did not get any statements today but am planning on getting one for each quarter going forward. My best guess is that the fee for a statement (code is PC DU503) is 100 baht, but that's just a guess.

Edited by mtls2005

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I stopped into my serving Bangkok Branch today to get a new passbook.

As an aside, there were ~ three groups of foreigners there trying to open new accounts, and all were denied.

I was able to get individual "Credit/Advice Receipts" for my January and February transfers (no fee). I asked if they could be mailed to me automatically, and was told "No".

You are able to have detailed statements printed, for time periods up to six (6) months. I did not get any statements today but am planning on getting one for each quarter going forward. My best guess is that the fee for a statement (code is PC DU503) is 100 baht, but that's just a guess.

It would seem that there are an awful lot of stories about farangs being denied bank accounts. This makes no sense in light of what the government seems to be trying to do: namely infusion of money into Thai banks. Completely buffaloed by what I am reading lately.

On 12/9/2018 at 7:54 AM, JackoJomtien said:

For those Australian expats reading this blog, the Australian Embassy in Bangkok will also be following the US and UK Embassies in refusing to sign “Proof of Income Statutory Declarations” as from 7th January 2019 for Retirement Visa extensions.

Consular Poster New 7 January.jpg

Is this correct???

It states........"or an average monthly income (no less than 65,000 over a 12 month period)''

Yet the link to the Thai Government statement in another post does not mention an average monthly income??

Average would be great so as to allow for currency fluctuations.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, Henryford said:

It seems to me that this statement above is incorrect. You don't need an average of 65000 a month you need 65000 every month, somewhat different.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, ChouDoufu said:

it average were accepted, then 400k transferred every 6 months would suffice.

Monthly payments appear to be needed.  If one were a bit under, but the next made up for it, that could fall into what they mean by "average".  Months with no payments at all would not fit into a "monthly payments" regimen.