'angel' arrested with 1.6 million meth pills, 10kg of 'ice'

rooster59

'angel' arrested with 1.6 million meth pills, 10kg of 'ice'

By The Nation

e768033ed724efa7c0076aff1fbf2609.jpeg

A Chiang Mai woman, known as an “angel” for helping poor children, has been arrested in Phrae for allegedly smuggling 1.642 million methamphetamine pills and 10 kilograms of crystal meth.

b515b1a8bf48961b38a191d7eca59fa1.jpeg

Pol Gen Chalermkiart Sriworakhan, deputy police commissioner general, said Kalyakorn Siripatsomboon, 34, was arrested on Thursday morning at a road checkpoint in Phrae's Denchai district.

Police at a checkpoint checked her van after she appeared nervous and found the drug hidden in boxes and bags.

Chalermkiart said police later froze Kalyakorn's assets worth Bt27 million in Chiang Mai's Sarapee district. The assets included an indoor football field.

Chalermkiart said Kalyakorn has allegedly been smuggling drugs from the northern border to the South and central provinces.

He said Kalyakorn liked to portray herself as “angel” for poor children by shouldering medical costs in hospitals.

She also joined the government's anti-drug campaigns by allowing children to use her two football fields free of charge.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360042

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-08

There must be few hundred millions of pills smuggled daily to the extend there is a daily confiscation. 

I wonder if all gets burned.I watched a BBC  documentary  showing the Burmese burning tons of drugs before invited audience representing the UN and few embassies .After all guests left a hidden cam showed the Burmese army running to save whatever they can and take it to army trucks???????????? no need to cont the story as you all guessed ????

2 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

There must be few hundred millions of pills smuggled daily to the extend there is a daily confiscation. 

I wonder if all gets burned.I watched a BBC  documentary  showing the Burmese burning tons of drugs before invited audience representing the UN and few embassies .After all guests left a hidden cam showed the Burmese army running to save whatever they can and take it to army trucks???????????? no need to cont the story as you all guessed ????

Recycling?

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I actually don't care. People need personal responsibility and, broadly, let them do what they like it's their life.

Here is an expert who might help you to understand how personal responsibility works while they are on meth:

"A 61-year-old father has been arrested in Phayao after he allegedly shot dead his unemployed son who was reportedly high on methamphetamine, set fire to the house and tried to attack his parents with a knife."

12 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I actually don't care. People need personal responsibility and, broadly, let them do what they like it's their life.

do you know how many people get killed by drug crazed people or mugged by them everyday?

Archived