Hotel near or in Soi's 1 and 5

steverino

I seem to remember from years ago there were a couple of hotels a lot of expats used to stay in in this area, but I can't for the life of me remember the names. Anybody able to help? The one I particularly remember was in Soi 1 I think and had the coffee shop on the street front. There was a small swimming pool within.

The Miami Hotel is one of the remaining Vietnam era hotels and is on SOI 13, complete with small pool, and there at least used to be a coffeeshop.  I avoid the whole area, nowadays, used to be a blast to drink 50 THB Heinekens till sunrise, with a bad case of jet lag.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 6:47 PM, ballpoint said:

The Golden Palace used to be on Sukhumvit Soi 1.  It had a swimming pool in a walled off area out front.  It's now been pulled down and turned into a parking lot for Bumrungrad Hospital staff.

It also had circular beds and mirrors on the ceiling........................so I'm told ????

And was also rumoured to have 2 way mirrors to record the action.

Royal Asia Lodge on SOI 8 is a popular budget hotel at around 900, but a lot of their business is the bunkbeds and backpackers at 300....so that disquals them from my list... without even addressing the Chinese question.  Nantra 39 was excellent smaller rooms when it opened and a decent breakfast in the 600 range, but it is likely more with worn rooms five years later.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 12:40 AM, moontang said:

The Ruamchitt Travelodge is a lot nicer, has Thermae in the basement, a great rooftop pool.,and might be 1400 vs. 900 at Miami on Agoda.  

"1400 vs. 900 at Miami on Agoda." That's right. Plus the 17% taxes in the small print that they hope you will not notice, and a lot of people don't.  

Archived