2002 Ford Ranger 4x4 difficulty selecting gear

warrima

Guys thought i would give you an update on my Ford Ranger. I took it to my local Somchai and told him to check the clutch system specifically the hydraulics. Returned the next day and he gleefully told me it needed a new clutch. I questioned if it was really the clutch plates and not the master or slave cylinders - He pointed to a 2005 ranger parked in the corner and said it just had the exact same issue and was fixed.

So i agreed to a japanese made clutch priced at 6.5k and labour at 1.5k (he flushed the coolant and changed the oil too for this)

Got it back 2 days later and thought id run it down to BangPu on Sunday. Went there fine but on the way home - bham - starts playing up again. Stuck on sukhumvit and woundnt change gear. Anyway after a few minutes idle and a restart i got it into 2nd and kept it there till home. 

Monday- Back to Somchai, he changed the Master and slave cylinders at No Charge. 

That was a few weeks ago and ive been to Kanchanaburi and Pattaya, so a couple of decent runs. Old girl is going well now. Maybe out of pocket a little more than i should be but hey i have a new clutch. I'll chalk that down as a win.

Cheers guys. 

Archived