Jetski Mafia

bbi1

Not even at Pattaya beach and scams have been virtually eliminated for at least 3 years. All operators now have insurance and if renters do have an accident they pay no more than 4000 Baht, which is the excess on the insurance.

Jetski mafia in Pattaya can now be filed under urban myth or history.

33 minutes ago, champers said:

Not even at Pattaya beach and scams have been virtually eliminated for at least 3 years. All operators now have insurance and if renters do have an accident they pay no more than 4000 Baht, which is the excess on the insurance.

So what does them stop to use the same tactic like before with hidden damage to the Jetski, but ask, instead of 10k or more, just for the 4k? Still a nice little earner.

55 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

So what does them stop to use the same tactic like before with hidden damage to the Jetski, but ask, instead of 10k or more, just for the 4k? Still a nice little earner.

Indeed. 4,000B a dozen times a day would do me nicely.

1 hour ago, champers said:

That's right. There's no prostitution here either. Or overcharging in bars. Or clients being beaten up for not wanting to pay those inflated bills. Or pick-pockets. Or drive-past thefts.

12 hours ago, champers said:

is it 100% sure and safe ?

11 hours ago, lust said:

Why do people rent these stupid things??

yes I also wonder ?! maybe it's the idea that people have about tourism ? Similar people who travel to capital cities around the world ? How idiot they can be to go visit the same malls that they can see anywhere else in the world and endure traffic + pollution ?!

1 hour ago, geisha said:

What are they doing to the beach in Pattaya, all boarded up along the front and machines on the sand ? Not that I want to go there mind , just wondering. 

They widen the beach. If you walk in direction of Pattaya Klang, you will have a free view and see the result. I guess it was made to store the hords of Chinese Tourists who want to go out to the platforms, so they do not stand all around on the walkway ????

1 hour ago, geisha said:

What are they doing to the beach in Pattaya, all boarded up along the front and machines on the sand ? Not that I want to go there mind , just wondering. 

why are people so 'closed minded' about pattaya....if your at pattaya-why not go to the beach???? sure, cosy beach, naklua and dongtan beaches are nicer..

i suspect most of the people who rubbish pattaya-have never been here...

life must be sooo boring in Issan......

a little excitement is good---even for oldies...

11 hours ago, balo said:

Not seen or heard of any scams going on for some years now, one of the few problems here the police actually managed to do something about.

So that means there were no brown envelopes passing from the thieving crooks (jet ski "operators") to the police?????

I suppose if you come from Dumpzhou in Gansu province, China, a thousand something kilometres from the sea, Pattaya beach must be momentarily enthralling. However, in numerous visits to the KFSR over the years, I have never once been tempted to squeeze sand beneath my toes there, still less to partake of that other favourite Pattaya pastime, Swimming with the Turds.

My first time in Pattaya in 1985 (!) I took out a couple of Jetskis and they were great fun - not really dangerous unless you ride like an idiot (or cannot swim!) Since then, having "been there, done that" I've not been tempted and whatever the "authorities" might say, the likelihood of being scammed is, to me, not worth it. Older and wiser?  Well older, for sure! ????

As for the beach, pick your spot either at Naklua, or Jomtien, you can have a nice relaxing spell in a deckchair but being in the middle of Pattaya is a bit like trying to relax in a the fast lane of a motorway! As for swimming in that cesspool? Noooooooo! :ohmy:

Slightly :offtopic2: but what's Koh Larn like these days? Last time i went was before the hoards of Russians and Chinese descended and the beach on the far side from the dock was clean and relaxing. Oh and I think the boat either way was 40 Baht. Anyone been recently?

21 hours ago, lust said:

Why do people rent these stupid things??

Have you ever rented one ? Then maybe you would not ask.

I am not promoting environmental pollution etc. but riding water scooters is a very exiting experience nevertheless, especially for those who like motorboats (and motorbikes as well).

A friend of mine - owner of a powerful motorboat - and riding a water scooter for the first time, described it as extremly satisfying. I can only agree to that. One has to be careful though not to hurt others. But this applies to any activity.

17 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Not the Police !

Just curious, who did do something about it?   This was one of the most vile aspects of Pattaya.  Every time I visited there, I saw multiple incidents just in a couple of days.  In fairness, I've not been to Pattaya for 8 years, so hopefully, it really is done with. 

1 hour ago, alfalfa19 said:

Just curious, who did do something about it?   This was one of the most vile aspects of Pattaya.  Every time I visited there, I saw multiple incidents just in a couple of days.  In fairness, I've not been to Pattaya for 8 years, so hopefully, it really is done with. 

Since the change to a military government, 4 and a half years ago, it seems the army have taken more of an interest in local problems.

13 hours ago, moogradod said:

Have you ever rented one ? Then maybe you would not ask.

I am not promoting environmental pollution etc. but riding water scooters is a very exiting experience nevertheless, especially for those who like motorboats (and motorbikes as well).

A friend of mine - owner of a powerful motorboat - and riding a water scooter for the first time, described it as extremly satisfying. I can only agree to that. One has to be careful though not to hurt others. But this applies to any activity.

I used to own 2 sea dos. Worst purchases ever. 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:24 PM, champers said:

used to photo scams daily and very discreetly for my own safety. i did not take pics of every one i saw as it was not always safe to do so but i still managed to clock up around 170 different events.

i have not myself seen 1 in the last 3 years

3 minutes ago, striderman said:

used to photo scams daily and very discreetly for my own safety. i did not take pics of every one i saw as it was not always safe to do so but i still managed to clock up around 170 different events.

i have not myself seen 1 in the last 3 years

I don't think it was widespread. A very few bad apples gave all renters a bad name. Did you take your photos near Mikes Shopping Mall?

Because it was all out in the open and akin to a spectator sport, was probably why it had to stop. 

The scam stopped when the dopes running the jetskis realised they were killing there "proper" business by scaring all the customers away.

Now there s only a small percentage of the guys renting jetskis that there used to be.

Its called killing the golden goose. Morons.

Back to the Op. Koh Larn is a much nicer place to rent a jetski

Just now, champers said:

I don't think it was widespread. A very few bad apples gave all renters a bad name. Did you take your photos near Mikes Shopping Mall?

Because it was all out in the open and akin to a spectator sport, was probably why it had to stop. 

it was widespread. yes the guys near mike shopping were very active but it was all the way from the start of beach road till at least pattaya klang as there were not many north of there i didn't bother much. i once caught 3 scams going on within 30 mtrs opposite royal garden plaza. i knew these guys faces, luckily they did not know mine

Archived