SURVEY: EU -- Will it survive?

Scott

SURVEY: EU will it survive?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo..in order to survive, the whole " management structure "needs to be binned.
The euro is a political currency..a destructive lever which does not allow individual countries to kickstart their ailing economys...eg..Spain..Greece etc.
No one can honestly tell me that Spain would not be better reverting back to the Peseta etc.
Also..the dream of the ultra globalists is fading I am glad to say... best to go back to a free trading association.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When Europe is a collection of disunited nation states, world wars begin; that is the lesson of the twentieth century.

I am indifferent to the EU, just don't suck the world into violence again.

Problem is that many many people in europe do not buy into the globalists dream..just remember the words of one if the founders of what is now the cursed eu..his name is Jean Monnet
Ask yourself these questions..
Re the eu top kiddies..in whose interests are they using their power?
Who are they accountable to?
How can a sovereign nation leave their corrupt organisation?

Should be just a free trading block which concentrates on making it's members wealthy and in doing so would see many of the current problems people are experiencing disappear. The EU will be it's own downfall through too much meddling and forcing things on people that are not wanted/needed. The center ground is where most normal people have their political views and can be a little center-left on something and center-right on others, but what is being imposed on everyone is the left and far-left which is why you are seeing so much discourse and the emergence of the right. It's obviously good to have free societies, universal health care/welfare and the like but it all needs to be paid for which brings us back to countries getting wealthy again...the United State of Europe was never going to work in such a short space of time as envisaged by this lot in Brussels. Basically, people don't want it and resistance to it all is starting to show in multiple ways. 

7 hours ago, Scott said:

With Brexit looming, dissent in France and a potential change in German politics

None of your 3 would be of my opinion I predict the EU will collapse.

Greece, Italy, Austrian fence, Hungry all have grievances with EU club many other countries of the 28 are the some of the poorest. 

Germany is the only country that has benefited from the club IMO.  

The EU may survive for a long time - but the writing is on the wall, IMO. The Soviet Union survived well past its sell-by date,, and I suspect the EU will too. It depends a lot on whether it learns the lessons of the current situations with the UK, Italy and Hungary. Lack of accountability, even as a principle, ensures that sooner or later it will collapse.

If there is one thing that Brexit has proved (thank you, Brexiteers) then it’s that Europe is a fact. Questions like this sound a bit like a Siamese twin debating whether it should leave and stand on his own feet. You can do that, maybe, but then you’ll only have one foot to stay on, and you’ll walk without a heart. 

They're a busted flush. UK has made it easier for others to escape which in turn will hasten the demise of the EU.

If they had been transparent, elected, accountable to EU electorate & able to balance their books each year UK may never have wanted to leave.

Reform is long overdue but their autocratic behaviour show they don't want it & thought they'd get away with it forever until UK shook them to the core in 2016.

London will be busy today:

http://news.met.police.uk/news/conditions-imposed-on-march-and-rallies-in-central-london-339073

15 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If there is one thing that Brexit has proved (thank you, Brexiteers) then it’s that Europe is a fact. Questions like this sound a bit like a Siamese twin debating whether it should leave and stand on his own feet. You can do that, maybe, but then you’ll only have one foot to stay on, and you’ll walk without a heart. 

I think by your own analysis the EU will have only one foot left also.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think by your own analysis the EU will have only one foot left also.

I think in most cases of Siamese twins being separated, only one survives, the stronger one. Either way, I think you understand I am using this figuratively, the point being that Europe is a fact. Some people talk about England, Germany and France while we are already one. The borders some try to claim are formalities; leftovers from the past. 

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Imo..in order to survive, the whole " management structure "needs to be binned.
The euro is a political currency..a destructive lever which does not allow individual countries to kickstart their ailing economys...eg..Spain..Greece etc.
No one can honestly tell me that Spain would not be better reverting back to the Peseta etc.
Also..the dream of the ultra globalists is fading I am glad to say... best to go back to a free trading association.

Without the CAP!

The EU is still very young compared to the US of A, (United States of America)but there still a lot of disagreements there between the States, not much different to the EU, except they all speak the same language.

The UK is leaving (thanks to the oldies who could not care less about the younger generations)

with great difficulty, 51 to 49 per cent, that's not a real treat to the EU.

There are Countries knocking on the EU's door, and let's not forget Scotland which wants to stay also.

AS for the Euro, after only 18 years of existence, is the second strongest money in the World behind the US

dollar. To me that says it all.

Just now, Burma Bill said:

I personally would like to see the EU collapse - like the Berlin Wall!

I don't want to see the eu collapse, as it would create even more instability.

But as long as the bureaucrats and politicians refuse to accept serious reform (which will involve reducing their personal benefits....), it can only lead to more instabilty IMO - and possibly the collapse of the eu ☹️.

4 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

The EU is still very young compared to the US of A, (United States of America)but there still a lot of disagreements there between the States, not much different to the EU, except they all speak the same language.

The UK is leaving (thanks to the oldies who could not care less about the younger generations)

There are Countries knocking on the EU's door, and let's not forget Scotland which wants to stay also.

AS for the Euro, after only 18 years of existence, is the second strongest money in the World behind the US

Don't think the "younger generations" will like being conscripted into the EU army.

5 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

There is absolutely no comparison between US and the EU, and the money crooks can soon knock the Euro down, just like they. have done to the pound

6 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

The EU poll as above certainly shows why the UK wants out, but all the time the EU is run by UN-ELECTED CRIMS like Junker the JUNTER. and the Polish traiter Tusk, who are hell bent on having a federal union, and not a market as first sold to the UK.

45 users of a Thailand forum show something about the UK? Interesting. And aren’t you getting tired about always the same lies about the EU? Did you already forget where that “unelected” nonsense has brought you? 

Never mind the four freedoms. If you have an open trading zone the integration and leveling will happen naturally. The countries should be able to set there own agendas. Whether it is budgets of migration. Let the countries decide. No more protection for the big banks who make bad loans knowing the EU will step in and bail them out. The EU should be strictly a trading and standards zone. 

The Brussels trough snorters will be desperate for it not to fail. The EU operates like a huge gravy train for those administering it.

It a operates like a communistic organisation taking from the rich and efficient members to subsidise and prop-up the inefficient and poorer and failing members. 

It may have served some useful purpose when it was the EEC and acted as common market and customs territory for it's original members, West Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. 

Since then it has outgrown itself and is now preoccupied with it's own self-importance and power and control over the now expanded 28 countries. It is a huge financial burden on member countries just to keep the administrative fat cats in the excessive lifestyle they have become accustomed to. It has outlived any usefulness it may have had.

5 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The Brussels trough snorters will be desperate for it not to fail. The EU operates like a huge gravy train for those administering it.

It a operates like a communistic organisation taking from the rich and efficient members to subsidise and prop-up the inefficient and poorer and failing members. 

It may have served some useful purpose when it was the EEC and acted as common market and customs territory for it's original members, West Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. 

Since then it has outgrown itself and is now preoccupied with it's own self-importance and power and control over the now expanded 28 countries. It is a huge financial burden on member countries just to keep the administrative fat cats in the excessive lifestyle they have become accustomed to. It has outlived any usefulness it may have had.

Whoever replaces Theresa May should read your post and be guided by it.

11 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

45 users of a Thailand forum show something about the UK? Interesting. And aren’t you getting tired about always the same lies about the EU? Did you already forget where that “unelected” nonsense has brought you? 

I see no lies, they are un-elected by the millions of people they represent, the cronie MEP's put them there, they are totally un-accountable for there actions, and without proper audits, (could be worse than the Fifa scandal.)

8 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

There is absolutely no comparison between US and the EU, and the money crooks can soon knock the Euro down, just like they. have done to the pound

Black Wednesday is a better example.

I was working in the city at the time, and was fascinated by what was happening in front of our eyes!

A very good learning experience as to how money markets control govts.

Just google Jean Monnet..read his statement re the ultimate aim of the eu.!!!
Also..the whole of the workforce within eu mrmber countries are sadly mere pawns in the ultra greedy globalist multi-nationslist companys.
Goldman Sachs..imo..deep state within europe
Think the name is Barros..Portugese..Drunkards predecesor..now the head european honcho for Golfman Sachs. Macron..former Goldman Sachs..Mario Dracha??? .
head honcho of euro/eu bank? also Goldman Sachs.
Lastly..Mr. Project Fear himself..Mark Cairney..!!!

18 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Whoever replaces Theresa May should read your post and be guided by it.

Unfortunately, brit. MPs are only concerned for their own interests - which revolve around getting highly paid positions within the eu, and/or highly paid directorship positions with big business....  So they HAVE to support remain.....

Archived