BANGKOK 24 January 2019 11:56

Way past my bedtime. Very unique - you're the only person I know who could complain about nothing bad happening.

Come up to Chiang Mai, and I'll get you into more mischief than you can handle well before 2 am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have you checked your pockets to make sure that you didn't leave that bag containing B10,000 in the taxi?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I have no idea what you just said.

Well here let me simplify for you. I went to Spasso. I drank some cocktails. I had a McDonalds meal. I got a cab and went home to Talat Plooo. Sometimes its pronounced Talat Poooo. I had no problems.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

It's almost as confusing as an American with a Russian name supporting an English second division soccer club best known for it's supporters hooliganism. 

If you cant understand it, there is no use in explaining it.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Have you checked your pockets to make sure that you didn't leave that bag containing B10,000 in the taxi?

Did you find it then? Give it back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Way past my bedtime. Very unique - you're the only person I know who could complain about nothing bad happening.

Come up to Chiang Mai, and I'll get you into more mischief than you can handle well before 2 am.

Ill be up there soon and expect you to have Pork Pies and Warm beer ready. I need to take a jaunt up to the White Temple, on my bucket list. Khun Chalermchai is a fabulous artist, I have seen his work down here. Believe it our not, it reminds me of a Gigers use of swirls and symmetry, albeit in a spiritually joyous instead of dark and morbid way. Its interesting that two totally different artists, both culturally and psychologically, express the same technique to different world views.

But I digress. Any Karaoke bars then? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Ill be up there soon and expect you to have Pork Pies and Warm beer ready. I need to take a jaunt up to the White Temple, on my bucket list. Khun Chalermchai is a fabulous artist, I have seen his work down here. Believe it our not, it reminds me of a Gigers use of swirls and symmetry, albeit in a spiritually joyous instead of dark and morbid way. Its interesting that two totally different artists, both culturally and psychologically, express the same technique to different world views.

But I digress. Any Karaoke bars then? 

Wat Sang Kaew Phothiyan knocks the White Temple into a cocked hat. A bit off the road on the 118 near Mae Suai. Another interesting one is Baan Dum ( Black House ) just north of Chiang Rai City.

In Chiang Mai close to the turnoff to Samoeng at Mae Rim, we have Chiang Mai Erotic Gardens, which would probably be bulldozed if it tried to open in Bangkok. It's a work of art too.

Plenty of karaoke bars on Changkhlan Road. You need a well-stocked wallet for a night out.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Wat Sang Kaew Phothiyan knocks the White Temple into a cocked hat. A bit off the road on the 118 near Mae Suai. Another interesting one is Baan Dum ( Black House ) just north of Chiang Rai City.

In Chiang Mai close to the turnoff to Samoeng at Mae Rim, we have Chiang Mai Erotic Gardens, which would probably be bulldozed if it tried to open in Bangkok. It's a work of art too.

Plenty of karaoke bars on Changkhlan Road. You need a well-stocked wallet for a night out.

Yes, using Google, I can now see the cultural milieu you have decided to go to seed in. Im impressed, I thought you would be more of the sheep shearers Hall of Fame type of guy.

Then again, an erotic museum? That must account for your knowledge of Karaoke bars then? A plethora of Lingams I assume?

Well stocked wallet? Of course, what else is there to spend money on! Havent you been following the pertinent topics?

BTW, if money is no object, where does one stay?

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I have no idea what you just said.

It's almost as confusing as an American with a Russian name supporting an English second division soccer club best known for it's supporters hooliganism. 

Well roared, lion!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes, using Google, I can now see the cultural milieu you have decided to go to seed in. Im impressed, I thought you would be more of the sheep shearers Hall of Fame type of guy.

Then again, an erotic museum? That must account for your knowledge of Karaoke bars then? A plethora of Lingams I assume?

Well stocked wallet? Of course, what else is there to spend money on! Havent you been following the pertinent topics?

BTW, if money is no object, where does one stay?

Probably the Shangri-La, Le Meridien or Duangtawan hotels on Changkhlan Road.

The attached photo gives a snippet of information. The erotic garden is run by a slightly dotty Thai lady. For 300 baht, you get the tour, and a cup of tea with cake afterwards. She speaks very good English, so you may struggle.

Actually, Chiang Rai is a better launch point for the really interesting stuff in Northern Thailand. Once one has been to Doi Inthanon, San Kamphaeng Hot Springs, Mon Chaem and the erotic gardens, the rest is ABT.

IMG20170923133801.jpg

• Thanks 1

I haven't met a bad Thai taxi driver yet. 

Auckland on the other hand........ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1